Author Topic: sometimes you need to say "I told you so"  (Read 425 times)

vaskidmark

• National Anthem Snob
  • friends
  • WTF?
sometimes you need to say "I told you so"
« on: August 30, 2013, 09:37:34 AM »
http://pjmedia.com/blog/ca-crime-rates-spike/

It wasn’t supposed to turn out this way, was it? In 2011, the United States Supreme Court ruled in Brown v. Plata that California must reduce overcrowding in the state’s prisons, overcrowding so severe that the Court — or five members of it, anyway — found that it constituted cruel and unusual punishment and thus violated the Eighth Amendment. The “Brown” of the case is California Governor Jerry Brown, who when faced with the predictably grim prospects demanded by the decision, saw through the legislation and implementation of what has been labeled “Public Safety Realignment.” This innocuous term is of course government-speak for “realigning” people out of prison where they belong and onto the streets of California’s cities, with the greatest share of them coming to roost in and around Los Angeles.

There's just no good solution to the situation, but expecting anything other than the outcome realized is just plain crazy.  The worst part of the situation is probably is that state law makes it so much harder for the residents of the state to prepare for the inevitable.

stay safe.
If cowardly and dishonorable men sometimes shoot unarmed men with army pistols or guns, the evil must be prevented by the penitentiary and gallows, and not by a general deprivation of a constitutional privilege.

Hey you kids!! Get off my lawn!!!

They keep making this eternal vigilance thing harder and harder.  Protecting the 2nd amendment is like playing PACMAN - there's no pause button so you can go to the bathroom.

HankB

• friend
Re: sometimes you need to say "I told you so"
« Reply #1 on: August 30, 2013, 09:51:04 AM »
There's just no good solution to the situation,  . . .
Withdrawing all local LEO protection from Federal courts & offices would be a start . . .
Trump won in 2016. Democrats haven't been so offended since Republicans came along and freed their slaves.
Sometimes I wonder if the world is being run by smart people who are putting us on, or by imbeciles who really mean it. - Mark Twain
Government is a broker in pillage, and every election is a sort of advance auction in stolen goods. - H.L. Mencken
Patriotism is supporting your country all the time, and your government when it deserves it. - Mark Twain