Author Topic: somebody 'splain this to me, please  (Read 6045 times)

vaskidmark

• National Anthem Snob
  • friends
  • WTF?
somebody 'splain this to me, please
« on: September 06, 2013, 06:55:37 AM »
http://abcnews.go.com/Sports/wireStory/hernandez-arraignment-set-murder-indictment-20174491

Prosecutors say Hernandez orchestrated Lloyd's killing because he was upset at Lloyd for talking to some people with whom Hernandez had problems at a nightclub a few days earlier.

You kill a dude because he talked (assumedly not trash talk) with some folks you do not like?

Wonder if the defense will drop their "all you have is circumstantial evidence" plan and go with something along the lines of "Well, obviously my client was mentally messed up, and it's all probably from the hits to the head he took while a NFL pro."

Beat the death penalty right from the start, and get your client declared no longer mentally defective in a few years.

But seriously, someone please 'splain to me how talking to folks you don't like becomes motivation for killing someone.

stay safe.
If cowardly and dishonorable men sometimes shoot unarmed men with army pistols or guns, the evil must be prevented by the penitentiary and gallows, and not by a general deprivation of a constitutional privilege.

Hey you kids!! Get off my lawn!!!

They keep making this eternal vigilance thing harder and harder.  Protecting the 2nd amendment is like playing PACMAN - there's no pause button so you can go to the bathroom.

T.O.M.

• friend
Re: somebody 'splain this to me, please
« Reply #1 on: September 06, 2013, 07:17:45 AM »
I've seen this disturbing trend among young people I see in court, a perverse sense of what they call respect.  Or rather, it focuses on disrespect.  They see an act hy another person as being disrespectful (talk to a woman the first guy wants to be with, make a joke that offendsbthe first, etc.), as a betrayal in the ultimate sense, worthy of violent retaliation.   It's an extreme version of "if you are not with me, then you are against me."  I've seen brother on brother violence for borrowing clothing.  It's mind boggling.
No, I'm not mtnbkr.  ;)

a.k.a. "our resident Legal Smeagol."...thanks BryanP
"Anybody can give legal advice - but only licensed attorneys can sell it."...vaskidmark

cassandra and sara's daddy

• friends
Re: Re: somebody 'splain this to me, please
« Reply #2 on: September 06, 2013, 07:24:32 AM »
Yup dissing is a shooting offense. Its a special stupud cuts across demographic lines

damn phone
It is much more powerful to seek Truth for one's self.  Seeing and hearing that others seem to have found it can be a motivation.  With me, I was drawn because of much error and bad judgment on my part. Confronting one's own errors and bad judgment is a very life altering situation.  Confronting the errors and bad judgment of others is usually hypocrisy.

by someone older and wiser than I

griz

• friend
« Reply #3 on: September 06, 2013, 07:53:48 AM »
A friend sat on a jury of a local murder trial.  At a crowded skating rink one guy bumped in to another.  By all accounts it was a simple accident, and the guy politely apologized.  But the defendant felt so disrespected that he, and his friend, waited outside and until the guy came out.  They drove by and took a shot at him, missing him and killing a 14 year old girl behind them.   Then they went home and ordered a pizza as if it was no big deal.

A strange world in which we live.
Sent from a stone age computer via an ordinary keyboard.

lupinus

• Southern Mod Trimutive Emeritus
  • friends
« Reply #4 on: September 06, 2013, 08:09:03 AM »
Some people just need to be tossed into a pen of wild boar.

Would solve many societal problems while increasing the bacon supply. Win/win for civilized folk everywhere.
That is all. *expletive deleted*ck you all, eat *expletive deleted*it, and die in a fire. I have considered writing here a long parting section dedicated to each poster, but I have decided, at length, against it. *expletive deleted*ck you all and Hail Satan.

HankB

• friend
« Reply #5 on: September 06, 2013, 08:54:11 AM »
Some people just need to be tossed into a pen of wild boar.

Would solve many societal problems while increasing the bacon supply. Win/win for civilized folk everywhere.
"You are what you eat" applies to wild boar, too.

Would you REALLY want your bacon laced with crystal meth, coke, heroin, THC, bath salts, ecstacy, and who knows what else?  :O
Trump won in 2016. Democrats haven't been so offended since Republicans came along and freed their slaves.
Sometimes I wonder if the world is being run by smart people who are putting us on, or by imbeciles who really mean it. - Mark Twain
Government is a broker in pillage, and every election is a sort of advance auction in stolen goods. - H.L. Mencken
Patriotism is supporting your country all the time, and your government when it deserves it. - Mark Twain

Jocassee

• Buster Scruggs Respecter
  • friends
  • "First time?"
« Reply #6 on: September 06, 2013, 09:02:11 AM »
The version I heard is that Hernandez committed an earlier murder and he killed this guy because he was talking to the "wrong people" about THAT murder.

What a tangled web we weave...when first we shoot people.
I shall not die alone, alone, but kin to all the powers,
As merry as the ancient sun and fighting like the flowers.

Brad Johnson

• friend
  • Witty, charming, handsome, and completely insane.
« Reply #7 on: September 06, 2013, 09:34:40 AM »

But seriously, someone please 'splain to me how talking to folks you don't like becomes motivation for killing someone.

There is no explanation, and trying to rationalize the irrational is a waste of time.  I used to date a psychologist and this was a constant source of conversation material.  The bottom line is that some people are just wired wrong and no amount of potential punishment, or post-conviction rehabilitation, will change their base mental makeup.

Brad
It's all about the pancakes, people.
"And he thought cops wouldn't chase... a STOLEN DONUT TRUCK???? That would be like Willie Nelson ignoring a pickup full of weed."
-HankB

Jamisjockey

• Booze-fueled paragon of pointless cruelty and wanton sadism
  • friend
  • Your mom sends me care packages
JD

The price of a lottery ticket seems to be the maximum most folks are willing to risk toward the dream of becoming a one-percenter. “Robert Hollis”

lupinus

• friends
Re: Re: Re: Re: somebody 'splain this to me, please
« Reply #9 on: September 06, 2013, 12:37:51 PM »
"You are what you eat" applies to wild boar, too.

Would you REALLY want your bacon laced with crystal meth, coke, heroin, THC, bath salts, ecstacy, and who knows what else?  :O
Well if you wanna be all fancy I suppose there could be 30 day detox period.

Spent taking care of the pigs, of course. Now we're talking free labor to keep the costs down. I like it.
That is all. *expletive deleted*ck you all, eat *expletive deleted*it, and die in a fire. I have considered writing here a long parting section dedicated to each poster, but I have decided, at length, against it. *expletive deleted*ck you all and Hail Satan.

280plus

• friend
  • Ever get that sinking feeling?
« Reply #10 on: September 06, 2013, 01:36:48 PM »
yes but consuming bacon fed on human flesh? Hmmmmm...  [barf]

:lol:

the moral of the Hrenandez story?

Don't be a dumb *expletive deleted*ck.
Avoid cliches like the plague!

vaskidmark

• National Anthem Snob
  • friends
  • WTF?
« Reply #11 on: September 06, 2013, 06:53:18 PM »
yes but consuming bacon fed on human flesh? Hmmmmm...  [barf]

Have you ever eaten farm-raised catfish or talapia?

Several trips outside CONUS has driven home the fact that both plants and animals can break down material into the basic elements, absorb them, and then convert them into protiens or cabohydrates or fats.  It has also driven home the lesson of politely declining to take the tour of the farm to see how the food is grown.  But most importantly, it has taught the lesson that most of the local food can be made tasty without worrying about how it grew up enough to be served.  The rest I learned how to push around the plate without actually putting any in my mouth - most of the time.

stay safe.
If cowardly and dishonorable men sometimes shoot unarmed men with army pistols or guns, the evil must be prevented by the penitentiary and gallows, and not by a general deprivation of a constitutional privilege.

They keep making this eternal vigilance thing harder and harder.  Protecting the 2nd amendment is like playing PACMAN - there's no pause button so you can go to the bathroom.

280plus

• friend
  • Ever get that sinking feeling?
« Reply #12 on: September 06, 2013, 07:28:15 PM »
Talapia sucks. Can't say I've ever had cat fish
Avoid cliches like the plague!

Hawkmoon

• friend
« Reply #13 on: September 06, 2013, 09:42:08 PM »
Talapia sucks. Can't say I've ever had cat fish

Roger that.

I got a violent case of food poisoning from some tilapia my wife picked up somewhere. Since then (earlier this year) I don't even tolerate the sight of the stuff. She's unhappy, because she likes it, but I tell her to go ahead and eat it -- just don't expect me to participate. I'll be happy with a frozen turkey burger.

What the heck IS tilapia, anyway? I'm a senior citizen, and until a few years ago I had never heard of tilapia. That suggests to me that it's a garbage fish that nobody would ever have considered eating until we over-fished the stocks of edible fishes such as haddock, flounder, sole, etc.
- - - - - - - - - - - - -
100% Politically Incorrect by Design

Marnoot

• friend
« Reply #14 on: September 06, 2013, 09:52:24 PM »
Mmmm, love me some tilapia. Just have to make sure you check the nation of origin. Chinese-raised tilapia aren't something you're likely to want to eat. Tilapia is far from my favorite fish, but for the price I'll take it.

Just about any farm-raised fish varies in quality from excellent to DoNotEat based on the practices used in the farming. I've had some farm-raised salmon I wouldn't feed to my dog, and some really excellent tilapia. For just about any kind of fish, you just have to find a brand/store that's consistently good.

Like vaskidmark, I'm not terribly concerned that the tilapia I'm eating was fed fish poop from the bass tank up the farm, so long as the resulting meat is safe and tastes good. Were it fed with salmonella-infested chicken manure like they do in China, then I draw the line as that directly affects the safety of the meat.

Azrael256

• friend
« Reply #15 on: September 06, 2013, 09:56:45 PM »
What the heck IS tilapia, anyway? I'm a senior citizen, and until a few years ago I had never heard of tilapia. That suggests to me that it's a garbage fish that nobody would ever have considered eating until we over-fished the stocks of edible fishes such as haddock, flounder, sole, etc.

Yeah.  It's one of a few dozen possibilities.  You'd need to do genetic testing to know what's actually on the plate.

Regolith

• friend
« Reply #16 on: September 06, 2013, 10:29:29 PM »
Murder to farm-raised fish in 12 posts.

I see APS is still firing on all cylinders.  :lol:
The price of freedom is eternal vigilance. - Thomas Jefferson

Necessity is the plea for every infringement of human freedom. It is the argument of tyrants; it is the creed of slaves. - William Pitt the Younger

Perfectly symmetrical violence never solved anything. - Professor Hubert J. Farnsworth

Marnoot

• friend
« Reply #17 on: September 07, 2013, 12:06:01 AM »
You'd need to do genetic testing to know what's actually on the plate.

There is that. Are you sure that's red snapper you're eating?: http://www.realscience.us/2013/02/22/dna-test-shows-rampant-fish-fraud/

Ah good, so long as our TCIS (Topic to Completely Irrelevant Subject) ratio is under 15.

AJ Dual

• friends
  • Shoe Ballistics Inc.
« Reply #18 on: September 07, 2013, 12:46:15 AM »
Have you ever eaten farm-raised catfish or talapia?

Several trips outside CONUS has driven home the fact that both plants and animals can break down material into the basic elements, absorb them, and then convert them into protiens or cabohydrates or fats.  It has also driven home the lesson of politely declining to take the tour of the farm to see how the food is grown.  But most importantly, it has taught the lesson that most of the local food can be made tasty without worrying about how it grew up enough to be served.  The rest I learned how to push around the plate without actually putting any in my mouth - most of the time.

stay safe.

One word to discount what you said there isn't 100% true, "Prions".  [tinfoil]
I promise not to duck.

vaskidmark

• National Anthem Snob
  • friends
  • WTF?
« Reply #19 on: September 07, 2013, 06:41:13 AM »
One word to discount what you said there isn't 100% true, "Prions".  [tinfoil]

Well, there goes Soylent Green.

stay safe.

Sergeant Bob

• friend
« Reply #20 on: September 07, 2013, 11:06:17 AM »

I see APS is still firing on all cylinders.  :lol:

I've become immune to the effects and don't even notice the change in topics any longer.
Personally, I do not understand how a bunch of people demanding a bigger govt can call themselves anarchist.
I meet lots of folks like this, claim to be anarchist but really they're just liberals with pierced genitals. - gunsmith

I already have canned butter, buying more. Canned blueberries, some pancake making dry goods and the end of the world is gonna be delicious.  -French G

Tallpine

• friends
  • Grumpy Old Grandpa
« Reply #21 on: September 07, 2013, 11:07:03 AM »
Chickens eat everything  ;)
Freedom is a heavy load, a great and strange burden for the spirit to undertake. It is not easy. It is not a gift given, but a choice made, and the choice may be a hard one. The road goes upward toward the light; but the laden traveller may never reach the end of it.  - Ursula Le Guin

White Horseradish

• friend
« Reply #22 on: September 07, 2013, 11:16:40 AM »
Apparently, it's been around a while..

Tilapia were one of the three main types of fish caught in Biblical times from the Sea of Galilee. At that time were called musht, or commonly now even "St. Peter's fish".

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Tilapia
Political tags - such as royalist, communist, democrat, populist, fascist, liberal, conservative, and so forth - are never basic criteria. The human race divides politically into those who want people to be controlled and those who have no such desire.

Robert A Heinlein

bedlamite

• Hold my beer and watch this!
  • friend
  • Ack! PLBTTPHBT!
« Reply #23 on: September 07, 2013, 11:17:28 AM »
Chickens eat everything  ;)

Mmmm... Bacon and eggs. Days work for a chicken, lifetime commitment for a pig.
A plan is just a list of things that doesn't happen.
Is defenestration possible through the overton window?

lupinus

• friends
« Reply #24 on: September 07, 2013, 11:41:05 AM »
Talapia are nothing new indeed, but their still a trashy fish. I don't so much count that against it, I just don't like it. But then I also don't like most farm raised fish.