Author Topic: Rifle Team is missing from HS Yearbook  (Read 1581 times)

vaskidmark

• National Anthem Snob
  • friends
  • WTF?
Rifle Team is missing from HS Yearbook
« on: September 10, 2013, 11:23:50 AM »
http://tinyurl.com/p33pzpl

EMMAUS, Pa. -
Some parents in Lehigh County want to know why Emmaus High School’s championship rifle team was not included in the school’s new yearbook.

Parents said Andrew Moxey, the high school’s yearbook advisor, suggested that Herb did not turn in the picture on time. They said that angered Herb, who told one of them: “I’m really upset. I feel like I got thrown under the bus.”

The parents said Herb told them the rifle team photo was one of the best he took for the yearbook. He’s offered to send it to all rifle team members for free.

Donatelli said some families purchased the yearbook even though their children have not yet graduated, because they fully expected the rifle team’s accomplishments would be in it.

He said parents trying to find out what happened first contacted Dennis Ramella, the high school athletic director, “who claims no involvement. Mr. Herb says he fulfilled his requirement and Mr. Moxey, to date, has not come back with a satisfactory answer.”

He asked the school board for the name of the person who oversees Moxey’s position as yearbook advisor.

Donatelli suggested that everyone who gets a yearbook should receive a supplemental page showcasing the accomplishment of the rifle team.

“This issue, if not addressed, will only fester,” he warned the school board.

“I’m not going to let it lie,” said Donatelli after the meeting.

“Me either,” said parent Lorraine Husack, whose son Jonathan, an EHS junior, is on the rifle team.

Husack said she was shocked that the team’s photo was not in the yearbook.
Rochelle Bachman said her daughter Siera also is a junior on the rifle team.

Bachman said Moxey told her he never received the photo of the rifle team to include in the yearbook. She then contacted Herb, who assured her the picture had been sent. ....

##############

I do not think this is going to turn out well for the school or the school board.  But then I could be wrong - it might turn out to be an unmitigated disaster instead of merely not well.

stay safe.
If cowardly and dishonorable men sometimes shoot unarmed men with army pistols or guns, the evil must be prevented by the penitentiary and gallows, and not by a general deprivation of a constitutional privilege.

Hey you kids!! Get off my lawn!!!

They keep making this eternal vigilance thing harder and harder.  Protecting the 2nd amendment is like playing PACMAN - there's no pause button so you can go to the bathroom.

Hawkmoon

• friend
Re: Rifle Team is missing from HS Yearbook
« Reply #1 on: September 10, 2013, 11:44:48 AM »
More political correctness run amok.

It would appear that the PTB (Powers That Be) (or, more likely, Mr. Moxey all on his own initiative) feared a backlash if they included a photo having anything whatsoever to do with GUNZ!, so he "lost" the photo ... and also conveniently omitted all mention of the team or their championship.

And now doesn't have the integrity to own up to what he did, so he tries to blame it on the photographer. That might explain the lack of a photo, but my HS yearbook has a couple or few entries that are text only, with no accompanying photo. It can be done.

So in attempting to avoid a possible backlash, he generated a for real, honest-to-goodness BACKLASH.
- - - - - - - - - - - - -
100% Politically Incorrect by Design

Azrael256

• friend
« Reply #2 on: September 10, 2013, 09:32:17 PM »
Probably sent via email.  Two minutes of work to figure out who is telling the truth.

MTL or get out.

T.O.M.

• friend
« Reply #3 on: September 10, 2013, 10:09:09 PM »
I hate decisions based on political correct thinking...even if the end decision is right (and it was so qrong here), it still feels bad.
No, I'm not mtnbkr.  ;)

a.k.a. "our resident Legal Smeagol."...thanks BryanP
"Anybody can give legal advice - but only licensed attorneys can sell it."...vaskidmark

æg151337

• Gamera Public Relations Slave
« Reply #4 on: September 10, 2013, 11:01:00 PM »
This year book advisor would fit right in at U.C. Berkley.
Gamera! Gamera!
Gamera is really neat!
Gamera is filled with meat!
We've been eating GA-MER-AAAA!!!!!