Author Topic: Does feeding your child a PBJ in public make you a monster?  (Read 6814 times)

lupinus

• Southern Mod Trimutive Emeritus
  • friends
Re: Does feeding your child a PBJ in public make you a monster?
« Reply #25 on: April 13, 2018, 12:08:03 PM »
I'll make a deal. They can wipe peanuts off the earth, so long as they take these damned pine trees with them.

Sent from my Pixel XL using Tapatalk
That is all. *expletive deleted*ck you all, eat *expletive deleted*it, and die in a fire. I have considered writing here a long parting section dedicated to each poster, but I have decided, at length, against it. *expletive deleted*ck you all and Hail Satan.

griz

• friend
« Reply #26 on: April 13, 2018, 01:41:21 PM »
I'll make a deal. They can wipe peanuts off the earth, so long as they take these damned pine trees with them.

I am allergic to an absence of pine trees.  You Monster!
Sent from a stone age computer via an ordinary keyboard.

MechAg94

• friend
« Reply #27 on: April 13, 2018, 02:21:35 PM »

Don't take away my Peanut Butter.  Saltine crackers and peanut butter is damn near a staple food.  

I remember eating peanut butter out of old ration cans my Dad had.  He was still in the reserves when I was a kid.
“It is much more important to kill bad bills than to pass good ones.”  ― Calvin Coolidge

HankB

• friend
« Reply #28 on: April 13, 2018, 02:24:08 PM »
Also the "mainstreaming" of children with learning and/or behavioral issues. When a teacher's attention is basically on the one child that disrupts the class for everyone, EVERY child suffers.

"But, it's not FAIR to separate the other child! They will feel disconnected and ostracized!"
There's another problem here - put a problem child with hehavioral issues into a mainstream class, and the OTHER young children will become VERY angry and resentful when the problem child gets away with things that THEY get punished for. This will cause all kinds of major problems in short order.
Trump won in 2016. Democrats haven't been so offended since Republicans came along and freed their slaves.
Sometimes I wonder if the world is being run by smart people who are putting us on, or by imbeciles who really mean it. - Mark Twain
Government is a broker in pillage, and every election is a sort of advance auction in stolen goods. - H.L. Mencken
Patriotism is supporting your country all the time, and your government when it deserves it. - Mark Twain

Perd Hapley

• Superstar of the Internet
  • friend
  • My prepositions are on/in
« Reply #29 on: April 13, 2018, 02:31:26 PM »
Don't take away my Peanut Butter.  Saltine crackers and peanut butter is damn near a staple food.  

"Doggies are angel babies!" -- my wife

MillCreek

• Skippy The Wonder Dog
  • friend
  • APS Risk Manager
« Reply #30 on: April 13, 2018, 03:27:13 PM »
A recommended sweet snack: ritz cracker, spread with peanut butter, put a whole marshmallow on top and run under the broiler until the marshmallow is toasted to your liking.  Eat.

Quote from: Angel Eyes on August 09, 2018, 01:56:15 AM
You are one lousy risk manager.

just Warren

• friend
  • My DJ name is Heavy Cream.
« Reply #31 on: April 13, 2018, 03:45:54 PM »
This is such an important issue I'm motivated to start a foundation to protect our Nation's most precious resource, our children, from the pernicious scourge of these items. It's long past time vigorously pummel these alleged "foods" into submission and out of our society! And like with the saintly gun-control movement that is finally listening to the voices of our youths we will enlist children to be on the front-lines of this most-important issue.

To that end my foundation - Bustin' Nuts with Kids-  will seek to end nut-hegemony first in the USA and then everywhere else.

Please donate today!
Member in Good Standing of the Spontaneous Order of the Invisible Hand.

RoadKingLarry

• friends
« Reply #32 on: April 13, 2018, 08:19:14 PM »
There's another problem here - put a problem child with hehavioral issues into a mainstream class, and the OTHER young children will become VERY angry and resentful when the problem child gets away with things that THEY get punished for. This will cause all kinds of major problems in short order.

That's a feature, not a bug.
If ye love wealth better than liberty, the tranquility of servitude better than the animating contest of freedom, go home from us in peace. We ask not your counsels or your arms. Crouch down and lick the hands which feed you. May your chains set lightly upon you, and may posterity forget that you were our countrymen.

Samuel Adams

seeker_two

• friend
  • In short, most intelligence is false.
« Reply #33 on: April 13, 2018, 08:38:46 PM »
I'm allergic to pollen and spores. They cause me great discomfort and violate my safe space. I demand that all plant life be eliminated and replaced by hypoallergenic decor.

Sent from my SM-G892A using Tapatalk
Impressed yet befogged, they grasped at his vivid leading phrases, seeing only their surface meaning, and missing the deeper current of his thought.

MechAg94

• friend
« Reply #34 on: April 13, 2018, 09:43:32 PM »
I'm allergic to pollen and spores. They cause me great discomfort and violate my safe space. I demand that all plant life be eliminated and replaced by hypoallergenic decor.

Sent from my SM-G892A using Tapatalk
Did I read that in the Out of the Silent Planet series?  Maybe not, but it sounds familiar. 
“It is much more important to kill bad bills than to pass good ones.”  ― Calvin Coolidge

Perd Hapley

• friend
« Reply #35 on: April 14, 2018, 12:33:52 AM »
Did I read that in the Out of the Silent Planet series?  Maybe not, but it sounds familiar. 
Yup, it's in there.

230RN

• saw it coming.
  • friend
  • ...shall not be allowed.
« Reply #36 on: April 14, 2018, 02:12:21 AM »

I remember eating peanut butter out of old ration cans my Dad had.  He was still in the reserves when I was a kid.

"Peany bucker" spread in the trough of a crisp celery stick with a little salt is a delicious snack.

Terry, and yeah, I still say "libererry," too, because it used to P.O. my mother. >:D   Oh, and Febue-erry.  Spaghetti I'm OK on.

,230RN
WHATEVER YOUR DEFINITION OF "INFRINGE " IS, YOU SHOULDN'T BE DOING IT.

RocketMan

• Mad Rocket Scientist
  • friend
  • Semper Fidelis
« Reply #37 on: April 14, 2018, 06:12:45 AM »
"Peany bucker" spread in the trough of a crisp celery stick with a little salt is a delicious snack.

They used to serve these at lunch when I was in grade school.  Killed thousands of kids I'm sure.  Maybe that's why I love PB in celery to this day.
Sometimes I simplify things by using the celery as a spoon to eat the PB directly out of the jar.
If there really was intelligent life on other planets, we'd be sending them foreign aid.

Conservatives see George Orwell's "1984" as a cautionary tale.  Progressives view it as a "how to" manual.

My wife often says to me, "You are evil and must be destroyed." She may be right.

Liberals believe one should never let reason, logic and facts get in the way of a good emotional argument.

Fly320s

• friend
  • Formerly, Arthur, King of the Britons
« Reply #38 on: April 14, 2018, 08:34:59 AM »
New plan:

I will replace the G-23 Paxilon Hydrochlorate we normally spray with peanut butter infused Pax.
Islamic sex dolls.  Do they blow themselves up?

Scout26

• I'm a leaf on the wind.
  • friend
  • I spent a week in that town one night....
« Reply #39 on: April 14, 2018, 10:25:14 AM »
New plan:

I will replace the G-23 Paxilon Hydrochlorate we normally spray with peanut butter infused Pax.

WIN !!!!

I, personally, am allergic to stupidity...
Some days even my lucky rocketship underpants won't help.

Bring me my Broadsword and a clear understanding.
Get up to the roundhouse on the cliff-top standing.
Take women and children and bed them down.
Bless with a hard heart those that stand with me.
Bless the women and children who firm our hands.
Put our backs to the north wind.
Hold fast by the river.
Sweet memories to drive us on,
for the motherland.

French G.

• friend
  • ohhh sparkles!
« Reply #40 on: April 14, 2018, 10:31:11 AM »
And the real problem? Hyperactive crazy mothers and the society that applauds them. Feed the kids age appropriate peanut products at six months. Get them around animals. Let them get covered in dirt and eat boogers. Yes there will always be some allergies, but our idea that we can sterilize the world has made it worse.
AKA Navy Joe   

I'm so contrarian that I didn't respond to the thread.

Nightfall

• friend
« Reply #41 on: April 14, 2018, 12:44:47 PM »
To that end my foundation - Bustin' Nuts with Kids-  will seek to end nut-hegemony first in the USA and then everywhere else.

:facepalm:  :laugh:
It is difficult if not impossible to reason a person out of a position they did not reason themselves into. - 230RN

Scout26

• I'm a leaf on the wind.
  • friend
  • I spent a week in that town one night....
« Reply #42 on: April 14, 2018, 02:27:05 PM »
New plan:

and add some Gluten into that mix....
Some days even my lucky rocketship underpants won't help.

Bring me my Broadsword and a clear understanding.
Get up to the roundhouse on the cliff-top standing.
Take women and children and bed them down.
Bless with a hard heart those that stand with me.
Bless the women and children who firm our hands.
Put our backs to the north wind.
Hold fast by the river.
Sweet memories to drive us on,
for the motherland.

BlueStarLizzard

• Queen of the Cislords
  • friend
  • Oh please, nobody died last time...
« Reply #43 on: April 14, 2018, 03:27:17 PM »
Yeah, put your un-vaccinated brat in a shopping cart with snot dripping down it's face but god forbid exposure to peanut butter.  ;/

This is like the retards that got all snotty about people doing horse and dog laundry at the laundry mat "because people wash their baby clothes here and it's unhygienic"
It's a *expletive deleted*ing laundry mat. Trust me, the people laundry is probably twice as unhygienic as the animal laundry, with the baby clothes being the top offender for grossness going into those machines.
"Okay, um, I'm lost. Uh, I'm angry, and I'm armed, so if you two have something that you need to work out --" -Malcolm Reynolds

lupinus

• Southern Mod Trimutive Emeritus
  • friends
Re: Re: Does feeding your child a PBJ in public make you a monster?
« Reply #44 on: April 14, 2018, 04:05:13 PM »
Yeah, put your un-vaccinated brat in a shopping cart with snot dripping down it's face but god forbid exposure to peanut butter.  ;/

This is like the retards that got all snotty about people doing horse and dog laundry at the laundry mat "because people wash their baby clothes here and it's unhygienic"
It's a *expletive deleted*ing laundry mat. Trust me, the people laundry is probably twice as unhygienic as the animal laundry, with the baby clothes being the top offender for grossness going into those machines.
Hell, plenty of people bring cloths to the laundromat for the specific reason they're so nasty they don't want to put them in their own washer

That is all. *expletive deleted*ck you all, eat *expletive deleted*it, and die in a fire. I have considered writing here a long parting section dedicated to each poster, but I have decided, at length, against it. *expletive deleted*ck you all and Hail Satan.

grislyatoms

• friends
« Reply #45 on: April 14, 2018, 04:49:22 PM »
Kids need to be exposed to potential (minor) pathogens.
Grandma would give me a spoon and a bucket and allow me to get so muddy I looked like a troll. Let 'em play in the mud. Let 'em drink from garden hoses. We've become "so clean" our children's immune systems run amok when exposed to anything. Let them play in the mud; they'll be happy as hell and have strong immune systems. Let them get bumps and bruises.
"A son of the sea, am I" Gordon Lightfoot

BlueStarLizzard

• Queen of the Cislords
  • friend
  • Oh please, nobody died last time...
Re: Re: Does feeding your child a PBJ in public make you a monster?
« Reply #46 on: April 14, 2018, 05:43:37 PM »
Hell, plenty of people bring cloths to the laundromat for the specific reason they're so nasty they don't want to put them in their own washer

Yeah, well, if they want to ban stuff from the machines for the sake of public health they should go after the people who use really heavily perfumed detergents and such.
I don't have much an issue with those things (I can't use fabric softener, but that's just a mild rash) but I know people who do and I can tell you, I've opened machines to put stuff in them and almost been knocked out by the detergent used on the last load. I actually stopped using unscented detergent and started using one with a milder scent that I like just to avoid having my clothes with random scents from other peoples detergent.
"Okay, um, I'm lost. Uh, I'm angry, and I'm armed, so if you two have something that you need to work out --" -Malcolm Reynolds

230RN

• saw it coming.
  • friend
  • ...shall not be allowed.
« Reply #47 on: April 17, 2018, 08:41:44 AM »
About six months ago.  Commuting by airplane to the oil fields in Alaska:

http://www.akbizmag.com/Alaska-Business-Monthly/October-2017/Commuting-to-the-North-Slope/

On board the planes, the flight attendants—who are Conoco­Phillips’ employees—deliver safety briefings and serve passengers peanuts during the flight. “Besides there not being a cocktail, it’s very much like a commercial airline,” says Kevin Robbins, ConocoPhillips’ Aviation Alaska manager.

Heh.

A Boeing 737-700 owned by Shared Services Aviation is seen at Ted Stevens Anchorage International Airport. Shared Services is a co-venture of ConocoPhillips and BP. Its three jets and two propeller aircraft are 50 percent owned by each company, but ConocoPhillips operates the service.

Image and caption by ConocoPhillips

Terry, 230RN
WHATEVER YOUR DEFINITION OF "INFRINGE " IS, YOU SHOULDN'T BE DOING IT.

RocketMan

• Mad Rocket Scientist
  • friend
  • Semper Fidelis
« Reply #48 on: April 17, 2018, 09:09:26 AM »
^^^ So the plane crashed and all aboard were killed because peanuts?  Or everyone aboard died, then the plane crashed because peanuts?  The article didn't explain that part very well.
If there really was intelligent life on other planets, we'd be sending them foreign aid.

Conservatives see George Orwell's "1984" as a cautionary tale.  Progressives view it as a "how to" manual.

My wife often says to me, "You are evil and must be destroyed." She may be right.

Liberals believe one should never let reason, logic and facts get in the way of a good emotional argument.

Perd Hapley

• friend
« Reply #49 on: April 17, 2018, 09:52:01 AM »
Do airlines not serve peanuts?

I don't think I've flown since 1 Jan, 2000.