Author Topic: Trump Republicans are Traitors!  (Read 1118 times)

Cliffh

• friend
Trump Republicans are Traitors!
« on: August 19, 2022, 09:35:07 PM »
They just played a commercial on TNT sponsored by FFPAC/FutureForwardUSA.org.  This commercial is trying to convince folks to vote democrat this Nov. 

During the commercial they mention that "Trump Republicans are traitors."  Seems the "traitors" against everything that the middle class people need, things the dem.gov would give them if they weren't being blocked by the evil republicans.

I don't recall ever seeing a political ad that targets a group using language this strong.  The message seems to be trying to incite anger in those who've been "wronged" by the rep.gov.  As if this country needs more angry people...

All in all, my take was on their ad was  [barf]

Hawkmoon

• friend
Re: Trump Republicans are Traitors!
« Reply #1 on: August 19, 2022, 10:08:29 PM »
It appears the Ds really do want a second Civil War.
- - - - - - - - - - - - -
100% Politically Incorrect by Design

dogmush

• friend
« Reply #2 on: August 20, 2022, 05:45:45 AM »
A bunch of R's would take one too, as long as they got to be in charge of one side.

I said a couple years ago that I don't see our culture pulling out of this spiral into tribalism without bloodshed.  Nothing has changed my mind.  The divides we have in the US today are every bit as stark and deep as the Sunni/*expletive deleted*it divide, and we know how that usually turns out.

Bogie

• friend
  • Hunkered in South St. Louis, right by Route 66
    • Third Rate Pundit
« Reply #3 on: August 20, 2022, 06:59:00 AM »
Overall, when I see a Republican defeated in an election, the core of the party, which also seems to be never-Trump, says that it will be a fundraising opportunity.

I'm hoping that Trump tags another outsider, non-politician, as a running mate.
Blog under construction

sumpnz

• friend
« Reply #4 on: August 20, 2022, 01:55:14 PM »
Overall, when I see a Republican defeated in an election, the core of the party, which also seems to be never-Trump, says that it will be a fundraising opportunity.

I'm hoping that Trump tags another outsider, non-politician, as a running mate.

I’d prefer Trump went the “kingmaker” role.  Rather than run again himself step aside and endorse someone else that will carry the flag.  He’ll be 78 by the 2024 elections, and frankly that is too old.  Whether that’s DeSantis or Don Jr, or someone not currently on the radar I don’t care much. 

Perd Hapley

• Superstar of the Internet
  • friend
  • My prepositions are on/in
« Reply #5 on: August 21, 2022, 12:49:21 AM »
I’d prefer Trump went the “kingmaker” role.  Rather than run again himself step aside and endorse someone else that will carry the flag.  He’ll be 78 by the 2024 elections, and frankly that is too old.  Whether that’s DeSantis or Don Jr, or someone not currently on the radar I don’t care much.

Plus, if Trump is the 2024 nominee, the GOP has no incumbent in 2028.
"Doggies are angel babies!" -- my wife

JTHunter

• friends
« Reply #6 on: August 21, 2022, 11:53:54 PM »
Sumpnz & Perd - both of you make good points.
Trump got my vote in both elections as the alternatives would have been (are) horrendous.
That doesn't mean I "like" the man and some of his attitudes and past affiliations.
“I have little patience with people who take the Bill of Rights for granted.  The Bill of Rights, contained in the first ten amendments to the Constitution, is every American’s guarantee of freedom.” - - President Harry S. Truman, “Years of Trial and Hope”

HankB

• friend
« Reply #7 on: August 22, 2022, 08:41:20 AM »
Plus, if Trump is the 2024 nominee, the GOP has no incumbent in 2028.
If Biden/Kamala/AOC/Hillary/Whoever is elected in 2024, the GOP would have no incumbent in what's left of our country in 2028 either.
Trump won in 2016. Democrats haven't been so offended since Republicans came along and freed their slaves.
Sometimes I wonder if the world is being run by smart people who are putting us on, or by imbeciles who really mean it. - Mark Twain
Government is a broker in pillage, and every election is a sort of advance auction in stolen goods. - H.L. Mencken
Patriotism is supporting your country all the time, and your government when it deserves it. - Mark Twain

WLJ

• friends
  • On Patrol In The Epsilon Eridani System
« Reply #8 on: August 22, 2022, 12:27:12 PM »
It's all in the spin

NBC's @Yamiche Alcindor on 74 percent of Americans saying the U.S. is on the wrong track: "They’re very worried about former President Trump coming back into power, or former President Trump or another Republican stealing the election in 2022 or 2024." pic.twitter.com/3DmsujpgDw

— Tom Elliott (@tomselliott) August 22, 2022
https://twitchy.com/sarahd-313035/2022/08/22/watch-yamiche-alcindors-explanation-for-why-so-many-americans-are-so-worried-explains-why-no-one-should-ever-listen-to-her/

"Sometimes I think the surest sign that intelligent life exists elsewhere in the universe is that none of it has tried to contact us".
- Calvin and Hobbes

Perd Hapley

• Superstar of the Internet
  • friend
  • My prepositions are on/in
« Reply #9 on: August 22, 2022, 01:18:38 PM »
If Biden/Kamala/AOC/Hillary/Whoever is elected in 2024, the GOP would have no incumbent in what's left of our country in 2028 either.

I'm not saying we shouldn't vote for Trump in the general election. Just saying that having an 8 year GOP president would be better.

"Doggies are angel babies!" -- my wife

HankB

• friend
« Reply #10 on: August 22, 2022, 01:39:00 PM »
I'm not saying we shouldn't vote for Trump in the general election. Just saying that having an 8 year GOP president would be better.
Now, if Trump were elected in 2024 and he had a good VP, that would potentially give us 12 years of a GOP POTUS.

Unless The Stupid PartyTM blew it.
Trump won in 2016. Democrats haven't been so offended since Republicans came along and freed their slaves.
Sometimes I wonder if the world is being run by smart people who are putting us on, or by imbeciles who really mean it. - Mark Twain
Government is a broker in pillage, and every election is a sort of advance auction in stolen goods. - H.L. Mencken
Patriotism is supporting your country all the time, and your government when it deserves it. - Mark Twain

sumpnz

• friend
« Reply #11 on: August 22, 2022, 01:54:55 PM »
Now, if Trump were elected in 2024 and he had a good VP, that would potentially give us 12 years of a GOP POTUS.

You can count on that.

I don’t think Trump being ineligible to run again in 2028 if he won in 2024 is any handicap per se.  Not having an incumbent running sometimes is better.  No incumbent in 2008 as W was term limited and had he been able to run it would probably have been a landslide defeat.  If it weren’t a RINO squish like McCain as the nominee in 2008 there might have some slim chance of beating Obama. 

I will reiterate that Trump is simply too old to run again in 2024.  He’s a much “younger” septuagenarian than Biden, but POTUS is not a job for someone of that age.  Plus a younger person without all his baggage would be good too.

Jim147

• friends
« Reply #12 on: August 22, 2022, 06:25:40 PM »
Younger without all the baggage would be a good thing. Make him speaker to finish destroying the lefts minds. But then again, he never saw a spending bill he wouldn't sign.
Sometimes we carry more weight then we owe.
And sometimes goes on and on and on.

BAH-WEEP-GRAAAGHNAH WHEEP NI-NI BONG

Pb

• friend
« Reply #13 on: August 22, 2022, 08:01:41 PM »
Younger without all the baggage would be a good thing. Make him speaker to finish destroying the lefts minds. But then again, he never saw a spending bill he wouldn't sign.

I agree with you.

MechAg94

• friend
« Reply #14 on: August 22, 2022, 08:09:54 PM »

I don't know if you always need a presumptive VP.  If another choice is doing well as a governor, let them stay there.  I didn't like the way Pence ended things as VP, but for the most part he was fine and backed up Trump.
“It is much more important to kill bad bills than to pass good ones.”  ― Calvin Coolidge

WLJ

• friends
  • On Patrol In The Epsilon Eridani System
« Reply #15 on: August 22, 2022, 08:12:34 PM »
Has Pelosi filed the impeachment papers yet?
"Sometimes I think the surest sign that intelligent life exists elsewhere in the universe is that none of it has tried to contact us".
- Calvin and Hobbes

Pb

• friend
« Reply #16 on: August 23, 2022, 11:14:02 AM »
And have Vice Presidents ever mattered (unless something happens to the President)?

sumpnz

• friend
« Reply #17 on: August 23, 2022, 01:05:50 PM »
And have Vice Presidents ever mattered (unless something happens to the President)?

HW Bush is the only VP in living memory to become POTUS immediately outside of death/resignation of POTUS.  And I think most people regretted that pretty quickly.  Nixon was Ike’s VP but he “lost” the 1960 election and had to wait for 1968.  Biden had wait out Trumps first term of course.  VP has mostly been a way to make someone irrelevant.  Sometimes that bites the party in the ass when POTUS dies.

Ron

• friends
  • Like a tree planted by the rivers of water
    • What I believe ...
« Reply #18 on: August 23, 2022, 06:39:46 PM »
What could possibly go wrong putting the former head of the CIA in charge of the government?

Desert Shield kicked off the neocon hot war against the non-western world.
For the invisible things of him since the creation of the world are clearly seen, being perceived through the things that are made, even his everlasting power and divinity, that they may be without excuse. Because knowing God, they didn’t glorify him as God, and didn’t give thanks, but became vain in their reasoning, and their senseless heart was darkened. Professing themselves to be wise, they became fools.