Author Topic: Hey, remember that 15 yr old girl beaten by over caffeinated Deputy?  (Read 3956 times)

gunsmith

• I forgot to get vaccinated!
  • friend
  • I'm sorry, Dave. I'm afraid I can't do that.
 Well, that sweet little angel just recently got herself a felony beef.
I tried to look up what happened to the Deputy and found this.

http://seattletimes.nwsource.com/html/localnews/2008925713_calhoun26m.html

A 16-year-old girl whose beating by a King County sheriff's deputy was captured on camera is now facing a felony harassment charge for allegedly threatening another teenager at Westfield Southcenter mall.

Malika Calhoun pleaded not guilty Wednesday morning to the harassment charge as well as a charge of criminal trespassing, a gross misdemeanor, in King County Juvenile Court.

According to charging papers, the alleged victim said she was standing in line at the mall's Cinnabon counter on Feb. 2 when she overheard two other girls say they were angry at her for some slight she had committed against a 17-year-old friend. Later that day, the 17-year-old and Calhoun approached the alleged victim at the mall, the papers state.

Calhoun reportedly became angry and said, "I will come back with a burner ... and shoot you in the face," according to charging papers. "Burner" is a slang term for a handgun, court documents said.

The alleged victim's mother was with her at the time. She separated the girls and called 911, court papers say. Tukwila police officers arrested Calhoun and the 17-year-old at the mall. The 17-year-old was not charged.

The two teenagers had been issued trespass warnings a day earlier in which they had agreed not to return to the mall for a year, investigators said. It's unclear from court documents why they were barred from returning to the mall.

In a separate incident in November, Calhoun was arrested for investigation of auto theft. While she was in a holding cell at SeaTac City Hall, prosecutors say Sheriff's Deputy Paul Schene, 31, beat her. Schene was charged with fourth-degree misdemeanor assault.

Surveillance video shows Calhoun, then 15, kick her tennis shoe toward the deputy while he was closing the holding cell door.

Schene went into the cell and threw Calhoun against a wall. He knocked her to the floor, held her down, with another deputy, and punched her. He then picked her up by her hair and walked her out of the cell.

The video was released in late February after several media outlets, including The Seattle Times, requested copies. Viewers have expressed outrage over Calhoun's treatment.

After the video was released, Calhoun and her father were interviewed on the CBS-TV's "The Morning Show."

The U.S. Department of Justice is reviewing the videotape to determine whether Calhoun's civil rights may have been violated.
Politicians and bureaucrats are considered productive if they swarm the populace like a plague of locust, devouring all substance in their path and leaving a swath of destruction like a firestorm. The technical term is "bipartisanship".
Rocket Man: "The need for booster shots for the immunized has always been based on the science.  Political science, not medical science."

Regolith

• friend
And this has what to do with the previous incident?  Just because she wasn't a little angel herself, doesn't mean what the cop did was any less wrong.
The price of freedom is eternal vigilance. - Thomas Jefferson

Necessity is the plea for every infringement of human freedom. It is the argument of tyrants; it is the creed of slaves. - William Pitt the Younger

Perfectly symmetrical violence never solved anything. - Professor Hubert J. Farnsworth

Gewehr98

• friend
  • Yee-haa!
    • Neural Misfires (Blog)
Yup.

Two wrongs don't make a right.
"Bother", said Pooh, as he chambered another round...

http://neuralmisfires.blogspot.com

"Never squat with your spurs on!"

roo_ster

• Kakistocracy--It's What's For Dinner.
  • friend
  • Hoist the black flag, and begin slitting throats
Trash is as trash does.
Regards,

roo_ster

“Fallacies do not cease to be fallacies because they become fashions.”
----G.K. Chesterton

cassandra and sara's daddy

• friends
even if the girl had just spit in his face before he put her in the cell he was wrong
It is much more powerful to seek Truth for one's self.  Seeing and hearing that others seem to have found it can be a motivation.  With me, I was drawn because of much error and bad judgment on my part. Confronting one's own errors and bad judgment is a very life altering situation.  Confronting the errors and bad judgment of others is usually hypocrisy.

by someone older and wiser than I

Balog

• Unrepentant race traitor
  • friends
  • What if we tried more?
When even csd won't defend 'em you know they done bad. :D

And yeah, I'm sure she's a trashy little crackwhore in training. Last I checked lack of character was not a free pass for the cops to beat you.
Quote from: French G.
I was always pleasant, friendly and within arm's reach of a gun.

Quote from: Standing Wolf
If government is the answer, it must have been a really, really, really stupid question.

• friends
yea its hard to turn off the normal human reaction but they are trained to and should get jacked when they don't. the other cops need to cool out guys outa control  sadly it happens so fast that usually they get a few licks in. his case?  i might suspend him 90 days  bust him in rank and put him on probation.  he'd likely resign and thats to the cities advantage. and if he takes the hit  he might learn something
It is much more powerful to seek Truth for one's self.  Seeing and hearing that others seem to have found it can be a motivation.  With me, I was drawn because of much error and bad judgment on my part. Confronting one's own errors and bad judgment is a very life altering situation.  Confronting the errors and bad judgment of others is usually hypocrisy.

DJJ

• friend
Could also be that the King County Sheriff's Dept./local law enforcement now has an agenda concerning her.

• friends
and the other kid and her mother are part of the plan?  and the guy whose car she stole?

Vodka7

• friend
Threatening to shoot someone but not actually doing it?  Felony.

Beating the crap out of a teenaged girl in your custody?  Misdemeanor.

Anyone else have a problem with that?

• friends
Re: Hey, remember that 15 yr old girl beaten by over caffeinated Deputy?
« Reply #10 on: April 06, 2009, 09:26:19 PM »
if he actually beat the crap outa her i think its a felony and should be.  in much the same way you get jacked more for stealing from an employer. larceny after trust

MicroBalrog

• friend
« Reply #11 on: April 06, 2009, 09:33:02 PM »
What does this have to do with anything? Are you saying the officer was clairvoyant and predicted this crime?
Destroy The Enemy in Hand-to-Hand Combat.

"...tradition and custom becomes intertwined and are a strong coercion which directs the society upon fixed lines, and strangles liberty. " ~ William Graham Sumner

Scout26

• I'm a leaf on the wind.
  • friend
  • I spent a week in that town one night....
« Reply #12 on: April 06, 2009, 09:44:59 PM »
Yup.

Two wrongs don't make a right.

But three lefts do.  =D
Some days even my lucky rocketship underpants won't help.

Bring me my Broadsword and a clear understanding.
Get up to the roundhouse on the cliff-top standing.
Take women and children and bed them down.
Bless with a hard heart those that stand with me.
Bless the women and children who firm our hands.
Put our backs to the north wind.
Hold fast by the river.
Sweet memories to drive us on,
for the motherland.

gunsmith

• friend
« Reply #13 on: April 06, 2009, 10:23:52 PM »
OK guys and gals, step away from the coffee pot!

I'm not saying anything other then she got herself arrested, I did however have an initial reaction of
"they're out to get her" though. Teenagers in my day were always threatening to kill each other, I wish I had known I could have gotten them arrested for it.

I thought you had to be able to carry out a threat in order for legal prosecution, just "saying"
she can get a gun and kill someone is a felony?

Which leads me to wonder, if you ccw in Seattle and someone says they are going to shoot you DRT, can you defend your self.

Was the over caffeinated Deputy psychic? IDK but he apparently knows a problem child when he see's one.
Of course that doesn't give him the right to beat her up though.
You would think the young lady would've been trying to keep her nose clean
and collect her big payout.

Politicians and bureaucrats are considered productive if they swarm the populace like a plague of locust, devouring all substance in their path and leaving a swath of destruction like a firestorm. The technical term is "bipartisanship".
Rocket Man: "The need for booster shots for the immunized has always been based on the science.  Political science, not medical science."

gunsmith

• friend
« Reply #14 on: April 06, 2009, 10:27:55 PM »
and the other kid and her mother are part of the plan?  and the guy whose car she stole?

not only that, but they blew up building 7, plotted the death of John Lennon, & are sending messages out to psycho's to go on killing spree's with "assault weapons".

I can't understand why that isn't perfectly clear. =D :angel:

vaskidmark

• National Anthem Snob
  • friends
  • WTF?
« Reply #15 on: April 06, 2009, 10:32:53 PM »
not only that, but they blew up building 7, plotted the death of John Lennon, & are sending messages out to psycho's to go on killing spree's with "assault weapons".

I can't understand why that isn't perfectly clear. =D :angel:

None of that even bothers me.  However, what frosts me completely is that the teenaged darling is not even close to getting a "Making Teroristic Threats" charge.  What's the matter with the prosecutors in Washington State?  Don't theyknow how to find the most asanine charge possible anf make it stick?

stay safe.

skidmark
If cowardly and dishonorable men sometimes shoot unarmed men with army pistols or guns, the evil must be prevented by the penitentiary and gallows, and not by a general deprivation of a constitutional privilege.

Hey you kids!! Get off my lawn!!!

They keep making this eternal vigilance thing harder and harder.  Protecting the 2nd amendment is like playing PACMAN - there's no pause button so you can go to the bathroom.

Kwelz

« Reply #16 on: April 07, 2009, 12:53:48 PM »
A couple of things I have heard/read about this case..

1: The girl did not steal some guys car.  It was her Mothers and she took it without permission.  When the mother saw it was missing she reported it stolen since she did not know her daughter had taken it.  Not saying this makes it anymore right but it is important to clarify the entire situation.

2: The officer should not have been anywhere near there.  He was on desk duty because of a shooting some time before that was still under investigation.  I am sure he was under a lot of stress and because of this they were trying to keep him away from active duty. 

3 The office claimed that she kicked her shoe at him and injured his ankle when it hit him.  Of course we both know that this is BS since you can see where he hurts his ankle on the toilet while slamming her into the wall.