Author Topic: Neo Nazi's plot to kill Obama  (Read 11711 times)

freedom lover

• resident high school student
  • "Who is the Coon?"
Neo Nazi's plot to kill Obama
« on: October 27, 2008, 05:12:56 PM »
Apparently some Neo-nazis planned to go on a killing spree:

http://apnews.myway.com/article/20081027/D9432JOG1.html

By LARA JAKES JORDAN

WASHINGTON (AP) - Federal agents have broken up a plot to assassinate Democratic presidential candidate Barack Obama and shoot or decapitate 102 black people in a Tennessee murder spree, the ATF said Monday.

In court records unsealed Monday, federal agents said they disrupted plans to rob a gun store and target a predominantly African-American high school by two neo-Nazi skinheads. Agents said the skinheads did not identify the school by name.

Jim Cavanaugh, special agent in charge of the Nashville field office for the Bureau of Alcohol, Tobacco, Firearms and Explosives, said the two men planned to shoot 88 black people and decapitate another 14. The numbers 88 and 14 are symbolic in the white supremacist community.

The men also sought to go on a national killing spree, with Obama as its final target, Cavanaugh told The Associated Press.

"They said that would be their last, final act - that they would attempt to kill Sen. Obama," Cavanaugh said. "They didn't believe they would be able to do it, but that they would get killed trying."

An Obama spokeswoman traveling with the senator in Pennsylvania had no immediate comment.

The men, Daniel Cowart, 20, of Bells, Tenn., and Paul Schlesselman 18, of West Helena, Ark., are being held without bond. Agents seized a rifle, a sawed-off shotgun and three pistols from the men when they were arrested. Authorities alleged the two men were preparing to break into a gun shop to steal more.

Attorney Joe Byrd, who has been hired to represent Cowart, did not immediately return a call seeking comment Monday.

Cowart and Schlesselman are charged with possessing an unregistered firearm, conspiring to steal firearms from a federally licensed gun dealer, and threatening a candidate for president.

The investigation is continuing, and more charges are possible, Cavanaugh said.

It seems like the plan wasn't well thought out. Rob a gun shop?!

Sounds like a good way to get shot.

Manedwolf

• friend
Re: Neo Nazi's plot to kill Obama
« Reply #1 on: October 27, 2008, 05:16:47 PM »
Nope. Sounds like someone in the Obama campaign administration promised the ATF a big green light, and all the toys and powers and budget they could ever desire if they found something at the last minute to "bust" that would make Obama look like a victim and help him get elected.

This sounds like the sort of thing (stupid morons with a thankfully unworkable plot) that gets busted on a daily basis, but releasing it as NEWS like this makes Obama look like a victim, oh, don't you feel sorry for Obama, maybe you'll vote for him now because bad guys were going to kill him.

Think about it. ATF. Obama administration. PARADISE for what they love doing most.

MechAg94

• friend
« Reply #2 on: October 27, 2008, 05:33:22 PM »
http://www.thesmokinggun.com/archive/years/2008/1027081obama1.html

This says they were planning to do the assassination in white tuxedos and top hats.  Bozos like this would never get anywhere near Obama.  I doubt they would make it past the gun shop robbery. 
“It is much more important to kill bad bills than to pass good ones.”  ― Calvin Coolidge

Manedwolf

• friend
« Reply #3 on: October 27, 2008, 05:35:00 PM »
http://www.thesmokinggun.com/archive/years/2008/1027081obama1.html

This says they were planning to do the assassination in white tuxedos and top hats.  Bozos like this would never get anywhere near Obama.  I doubt they would make it past the gun shop robbery. 

I wonder if calling these guys Neo Nazi's is an insult to Neo Nazis?

Like I said, this sort of clueless dorks get busted all the time, but making it news now helps Obama.

ATF wants an Obama administration. A Cav Arms every week till all the dealers are gone.
« Last Edit: October 27, 2008, 05:51:01 PM by Manedwolf »

grampster

• friend
« Reply #4 on: October 27, 2008, 05:40:38 PM »
They probably wouldn't even get in the gun shop door.  One would trip and shoot the other, who would then shoot the shooter.  High comedy on U toob. =D
"Never wrestle with a pig.  You get dirty, and besides, the pig likes it."  G.B. Shaw

freedom lover

• resident high school student
  • "Who is the Coon?"
« Reply #5 on: October 27, 2008, 05:41:24 PM »
I think most crazy people are too dumb to make an ingenious plot and most intelligent people who want to assassinate leaders don't want to face the consequences if they fail.

ilbob

• friend
    • Bob's blog
« Reply #6 on: October 27, 2008, 06:53:04 PM »
I wonder if this will turn out to be another one of those situations where someone "encouraged" them to do this, or at least claim they are going to do it. Possibly someone associated with the BATFE?

bob

Disclaimers: I am not a lawyer, cop, soldier, gunsmith, politician, plumber, electrician, or a professional practitioner of many of the other things I comment on in this forum.

cassandra and sara's daddy

• friends
« Reply #7 on: October 27, 2008, 07:03:21 PM »
living proof that meth don't make you smarter
It is much more powerful to seek Truth for one's self.  Seeing and hearing that others seem to have found it can be a motivation.  With me, I was drawn because of much error and bad judgment on my part. Confronting one's own errors and bad judgment is a very life altering situation.  Confronting the errors and bad judgment of others is usually hypocrisy.

by someone older and wiser than I

slingshot

• friend
« Reply #8 on: October 27, 2008, 07:38:39 PM »
I may not like his politics, but I can't support anything along these lines.  Glad they busted them.
It shall be as it was in the past... Not with dreams, but with strength and with courage... Shall a nation be molded to last. (The Plainsman, 1936)

TommyGunn

• friend
  • Stuck in full auto since birth.
« Reply #9 on: October 27, 2008, 07:42:29 PM »
There's always a few fruitcakes around to make life interesting in this desolate arm of the Milky Way Galaxy.     :O =|
MOLON LABE   "Through ignorance of what is good and what is bad, the life of men is greatly perplexed." ~~ Cicero

agricola

• friend
« Reply #10 on: October 27, 2008, 07:56:26 PM »
There's always a few fruitcakes around to make life interesting in this desolate arm of the Milky Way Galaxy.     :O =|

mmm cake

=D
"Idiot!  A long life eating mush is best."
"Make peace, you fools"

longeyes

• friend
Wayne's World unleashed
« Reply #11 on: October 27, 2008, 08:02:38 PM »
Well, I think we all know that inside every Republican is a homicidal, racist skinhead trying to get out, and that only the ATF stands between good Americans and crazy no-good, liquor'd-up cowboys.
"Domari nolo."

Thug: What you lookin' at old man?
Walt Kowalski: Ever notice how you come across somebody once in a while you shouldn't have messed with? That's me.

Molon Labe.

MechAg94

• friend
Re: Wayne's World unleashed
« Reply #12 on: October 27, 2008, 08:57:38 PM »
Well, I think we all know that inside every Republican is a homicidal, racist skinhead trying to get out, and that only the ATF stands between good Americans and crazy no-good, liquor'd-up cowboys.
....who cling to their guns and religion.
“It is much more important to kill bad bills than to pass good ones.”  ― Calvin Coolidge

stevelyn

• friend
« Reply #13 on: October 27, 2008, 10:36:39 PM »
If it involves the jack-booted, sturmtruppen thug bastards of the Waffen BATFEces, I doubt the credibility of the story and threat.

If they'll lie in court under oath, they won't hesitate to release false information to the public.
Be careful that the toes you step on now aren't connected to the ass you have to kiss later.

Eat Moose. Wear Wolf.

Headless Thompson Gunner

• friend
« Reply #14 on: October 27, 2008, 11:31:04 PM »
Maybe I'm too cynical, but I don't buy any of this.  Why should I believe this assassination plot nonsense is for real?  Because the media is reporting it?  Because the ATF says it's so?  Gimme a break.

Wildalaska

• friend
« Reply #15 on: October 28, 2008, 12:11:15 AM »
methinks a bunch of big mouth losers who yakked themselves into some adverse attention from the Feds....good job BATFers!!!!!! (I read the affidavit and it was a local cop bust where they called the Gun Cops in).....
I'm just a condescending, supercilious,  pompous ass .But then again, my opinion is as irrelevant as yours, and keep in mind kids, it's only the internet! If I bug ya that much, ignore me. Anyway, need something? Call me at 800/992-4570.
?If they can get you asking the wrong questions, they don't have to worry about the answers?

http://www.hyperarts.com/pynchon/gravity/index.html

http://www.therealwildalaska.com/blog/

Perd Hapley

• Superstar of the Internet
  • friend
  • My prepositions are on/in
Re: Wayne's World unleashed
« Reply #16 on: October 28, 2008, 12:49:52 AM »

Finally!  Someone that understands me! 
"Doggies are angel babies!" -- my wife

Manedwolf

• friend
« Reply #17 on: October 28, 2008, 01:51:04 AM »
methinks a bunch of big mouth losers who yakked themselves into some adverse attention from the Feds....good job BATFers!!!!!! (I read the affidavit and it was a local cop bust where they called the Gun Cops in).....

And nothing regarding the interesting timing of this news release?

As I said, this happens all the time, and it's not news. Unless it's right before the election for the candidate they would want.
« Last Edit: October 28, 2008, 02:56:32 AM by Manedwolf »

Perd Hapley

• Superstar of the Internet
  • friend
  • My prepositions are on/in
« Reply #18 on: October 28, 2008, 02:02:17 AM »
It sells, dude.  No conspiracy required. 

"Doggies are angel babies!" -- my wife

Manedwolf

• friend
« Reply #19 on: October 28, 2008, 02:56:59 AM »
It sells, dude.  No conspiracy required. 

Well, since when does BATFE do this, rather than the Secret Service investigating a credible threat?

Zardozimo Oprah Bannedalas

• Webley Juggler
  • friend
  • All I got is a fistful of shekels
« Reply #20 on: October 28, 2008, 05:36:52 AM »
Well, since when does BATFE do this, rather than the Secret Service investigating a credible threat?
One of the goofy suckers had a shotgun with a 16" barrel.

White tuxes and top hats, shooting out through the windows of a car whilst charging the Secret Service. All hail the brain trust.

seeker_two

• friend
  • In short, most intelligence is false.
« Reply #21 on: October 28, 2008, 06:28:30 AM »
Nope. Sounds like someone in the Obama campaign administration promised the ATF a big green light, and all the toys and powers and budget they could ever desire if they found something at the last minute to "bust" that would make Obama look like a victim and help him get elected.

This sounds like the sort of thing (stupid morons with a thankfully unworkable plot) that gets busted on a daily basis, but releasing it as NEWS like this makes Obama look like a victim, oh, don't you feel sorry for Obama, maybe you'll vote for him now because bad guys were going to kill him.

Think about it. ATF. Obama administration. PARADISE for what they love doing most.

Well....that would explain the fishy smell I'm smelling from this...
Impressed yet befogged, they grasped at his vivid leading phrases, seeing only their surface meaning, and missing the deeper current of his thought.

K Frame

• friend
  • I Am Inimical
« Reply #22 on: October 28, 2008, 07:09:50 AM »
Oh for Christ's sake...  :rolleyes:

It's THEM! Manipulating and machinating every little detail! THEY control it all! THEY release what THEY want to when THEY see that it will do THEIR agenda the most good!

Holy hell, disengage the "everything is a conspiracy controlled by THEM!" gear. It's stripped your brain pans.

Of course it has NOTHING to do with the fact that for the past several months Obama has been looking more and more like he's going to be the next president elect.  No, NOTHING at all with anything like that... :rolleyes:

Of course it has nothing to do with the fact that these two do not have nuclear physicist-caliber smarts, and very likely barely break 100 IQ added together...

Some people just don't feel secure unless they have some nefarious conspiracy about which to quiver, quake, and rail. Well, at least you could talk to these two clowns on their own level...
Carbon Monoxide, sucking the life out of idiots, 'tards, and fools since man tamed fire.

grampster

• friend
« Reply #23 on: October 28, 2008, 09:11:59 AM »
Hold muh beer, bubba and watch this.
"Never wrestle with a pig.  You get dirty, and besides, the pig likes it."  G.B. Shaw

Don't care

« Reply #24 on: October 28, 2008, 09:25:37 AM »
If these morons had decided to go after McCain, the press would have painted their plans as more as civil disobedience, than an plan to assassinate the GOP candidate.

After all, they would have had "legitimate" reasons; and that's only if the press would have published anything at all.