Author Topic: Are our politicians drunk? (More Stevens stuff)  (Read 2011 times)

ArmedBear

• friend
Are our politicians drunk? (More Stevens stuff)
« on: October 28, 2008, 11:46:41 AM »
http://www.clubforgrowth.org/2008/10/dumbest_quote_of_the_year.php

Alaska rep Don Young, supporting convicted felon Ted Stevens in the upcoming election:

"I think he can win. He's the best thing for that, for the Senate. Alaskans know this.

"[...]I think that's going to be, you know, a matter of opinion. I can remember Richard Nixon, you know, his years of service, what he's done, and everybody were ridiculing him and he ended up being the greatest president in the history of our century.

El Tejon

• friend
    • http://www.kirkfreemanlaw.com
Re: Are our politicians drunk? (More Stevens stuff)
« Reply #1 on: October 28, 2008, 05:38:20 PM »
What I said about Palin and Alaskans . . . that goes triple for the rest of them. =D
I do not smoke pot, wear Wookie suits, live in my mom's basement, collect unemployment checks or eat Cheetoes, therefore I am not a Ron Paul voter.

Tallpine

• friends
  • Grumpy Old Grandpa
« Reply #2 on: October 28, 2008, 07:56:08 PM »
You'd be a drunk too with six months of darkness :P

(not to mention trying to mow permafrost, and dogsleds sitting around on wooden blocks  =D )
Freedom is a heavy load, a great and strange burden for the spirit to undertake. It is not easy. It is not a gift given, but a choice made, and the choice may be a hard one. The road goes upward toward the light; but the laden traveller may never reach the end of it.  - Ursula Le Guin

Matthew Carberry

• Formerly carebear
  • friend
  • Fiat justitia, pereat mundus
« Reply #3 on: October 28, 2008, 08:32:32 PM »
Thash shlanderish talk.
"Not all unwise laws are unconstitutional laws, even where constitutional rights are potentially involved." - Eugene Volokh

"As for affecting your movement, your Rascal should be able to achieve the the same speeds no matter what holster rig you are wearing."

Nitrogen

• friends
  • Who could it be?
    • @c0t0d0s2 / Twitter.
« Reply #4 on: October 28, 2008, 08:45:40 PM »
And you wonder why an empty suit with no real detailed plan for the country is going to win the election this year.
It's because the Republican party is a joke.  (Moreso than the Democratic party right now.)

This is just another symptom of the sickness.
יזכר לא עד פעם
Remember. Never Again.
What does it mean to be an American?  Have you forgotten? | http://youtu.be/0w03tJ3IkrM

Leatherneck

• friend
« Reply #5 on: October 29, 2008, 07:32:32 AM »
It's because the Republican party is a joke.  (Moreso than the Democratic party right now.)
Bullshit. Neither party has an exclusive claim on the arrogance of power that accumulates with seniority (read: longevity) in the Congress, especially the Senate. I am sick to death of these elitist congressmen who--because they've run more successful election campaigns than the others--think they're demigods. They've totally lost the bubble and should be replaced ASAP, if not sooner.

TC
TC
RT Refugee

ArmedBear

• friend
« Reply #6 on: October 29, 2008, 09:25:50 AM »
an empty suit with no real detailed plan for the country

If that were all he was, I wouldn't be too concerned.

I don't WANT a plan for the country, and no sane person should. Central planning has led to nothing terrible economic hardship at best (Hoover and FDR policies that prolonged the Great Depression), and millions of deaths at worst (Mao's 5 Year Plans).

The plans he DOES have are what concern me.

MechAg94

• friend
« Reply #7 on: October 29, 2008, 10:08:44 AM »
Good point ArmedBear.  Politicians with plans are not something you really want, and they will usually sacrifice a lot to get their "plan" passed.  :)
“It is much more important to kill bad bills than to pass good ones.”  ― Calvin Coolidge