Author Topic: When backing Barack feels like joining a cult  (Read 12115 times)

grislyatoms

• friends
Re: When backing Barack feels like joining a cult
« Reply #25 on: February 23, 2008, 09:49:33 AM »
And he can cloud men's minds... 15 minutes in his presence, and they walk away, just slowly shaking their heads, muttering the direst of obscenities under their breath...

That's a different couple of folks hanging around these parts lately, actually...
"A son of the sea, am I" Gordon Lightfoot

seeker_two

• friend
  • In short, most intelligence is false.
« Reply #26 on: February 23, 2008, 01:51:32 PM »
And he can cloud men's minds... 15 minutes in his presence, and they walk away, just slowly shaking their heads, muttering the direst of obscenities under their breath...

I thought that was my job.....
Impressed yet befogged, they grasped at his vivid leading phrases, seeing only their surface meaning, and missing the deeper current of his thought.

Bogie

• friend
  • Hunkered in South St. Louis, right by Route 66
    • Third Rate Pundit
« Reply #27 on: February 23, 2008, 02:05:57 PM »
There is a Fork.
Blog under construction

Tecumseh

• friend
« Reply #28 on: February 25, 2008, 09:36:17 AM »
It also feels that way with some of the GOP members.  Essentially they will only vote GOP.  No matter what.

Manedwolf

• friend
« Reply #29 on: February 25, 2008, 09:54:34 AM »
It also feels that way with some of the GOP members.  Essentially they will only vote GOP.  No matter what.

Yes? I want to keep my money, my guns, and my freedom to act without a nanny state, thanks.

I've not yet seen a Democrat that doesn't love taxes and hate guns in the hands of the common people.

Tecumseh

• friend
« Reply #30 on: February 25, 2008, 11:00:47 AM »

Yes? I want to keep my money, my guns, and my freedom to act without a nanny state, thanks.

I've not yet seen a Democrat that doesn't love taxes and hate guns in the hands of the common people.
  So which of the current GOP candidates, besides Ron Paul, is going to allow this? 

Marnoot

• friend
« Reply #31 on: February 25, 2008, 11:16:50 AM »
There is no spoon. 

The cake is a lie.

The Enrichment Center is required to remind you that you will be baked, and then there will be cake.

MechAg94

• friend
« Reply #32 on: February 25, 2008, 01:48:38 PM »
I was listening to Medved a little today.  He had several Obama supporters calling in.  It has been a while since I have heard people so long on hope yet short on details.  They claimed he was going to fix all the problems, but when Medved asked them how, they couldn't say. 

Now I just heard an Obama interview with a local guy in Houston.  He was asked if he would raise taxes.  He said he would raise taxes on the top 1% and lower them on people making 75K or lower.
“It is much more important to kill bad bills than to pass good ones.”  ― Calvin Coolidge

Manedwolf

• friend
« Reply #33 on: February 25, 2008, 02:07:45 PM »
I was listening to Medved a little today.  He had several Obama supporters calling in.  It has been a while since I have heard people so long on hope yet short on details.  They claimed he was going to fix all the problems, but when Medved asked them how, they couldn't say. 

Now I just heard an Obama interview with a local guy in Houston.  He was asked if he would raise taxes.  He said he would raise taxes on the top 1% and lower them on people making 75K or lower.

Um. $75K is hardly a fortune in a lot of areas of the country, especially if you have a family! Northeast, SoCal, etc, that's just "Also can sometimes afford to eat meat for dinner."

It's just as I always say. Democrats, deep down, want a powerful elite watching over a population kept continually poor and on the public dole. They're easier to control that way. None of those uppity entrepreneurs trying to rise out of their class.

MechAg94

• friend
« Reply #34 on: February 26, 2008, 05:16:18 AM »
I didn't say 75K was a lot, but look at average incomes and it ain't too low either.  It is a lot more than my Dad ever made. 

I just wish they would be honest about what they are trying to do.  They are not taxing the rich.  The rich already have their millions in tax shelters and such.  More taxes won't affect them or at least won't affect their fortune.  They are really taxing people who are trying to get rich. 

As you said, rigging the system to keep the rich rich, and the poor poor. 
“It is much more important to kill bad bills than to pass good ones.”  ― Calvin Coolidge

longeyes

• friend
« Reply #35 on: February 26, 2008, 04:15:55 PM »
In Addict Nation Mr Obama is the drug of choice this year.  We should have expected an Obama to come along.  It's time for all the people who live entirely by their emotions to get swept along by a shaman.  The reality is that there a lot of folks who truly shouldn't be voting.  They haven't a clue as to what citizenship constitutes; they know how to consume and not much else.
"Domari nolo."

Thug: What you lookin' at old man?
Walt Kowalski: Ever notice how you come across somebody once in a while you shouldn't have messed with? That's me.

Molon Labe.

Strings

« Reply #36 on: February 26, 2008, 04:40:14 PM »
The question then becomes, longeyes, how do we decide who gets to vote and who doesn't? Let's face it: remove the right from one group, and you emplace the possibility of that right being taken from all...

Perd Hapley

• Superstar of the Internet
  • friend
  • My prepositions are on/in
« Reply #37 on: February 26, 2008, 07:24:15 PM »
The question then becomes, longeyes, how do we decide who gets to vote and who doesn't? Let's face it: remove the right from one group, and you emplace the possibility of that right being taken from all...

Down boy.  He didn't say they should be disenfranchised, he just said they shouldn't vote.  And he's right. 

Don't you agree?  smiley
"Doggies are angel babies!" -- my wife

Strings

« Reply #38 on: February 26, 2008, 08:29:41 PM »
Sorry 'bout that: read it as "shouldn't be allowed"...

While there are HUGE blocks of people who I would rather didn't hit the polls on election day, I do NOT want to see a day where folks are kept away...

Perd Hapley

• Superstar of the Internet
  • friend
  • My prepositions are on/in
« Reply #39 on: February 26, 2008, 08:34:32 PM »

Oh, come on.  Not even weird folk like witches and girly-men in kilts and such?  We gots to have at least some standards.  Tongue
"Doggies are angel babies!" -- my wife

Strings

« Reply #40 on: February 26, 2008, 08:36:40 PM »
One day, fistful...

I'm SOOO looking forward to next year's National. I mean, the river is just SOOOO handy! Tongue

Balog

• Unrepentant race traitor
  • friends
  • What if we tried more?
« Reply #41 on: February 28, 2008, 01:34:22 PM »
One day, fistful...

I'm SOOO looking forward to next year's National. I mean, the river is just SOOOO handy! Tongue

Just don't go all BrokenPa and set it on fire. angel laugh
Quote from: French G.
I was always pleasant, friendly and within arm's reach of a gun.

Quote from: Standing Wolf
If government is the answer, it must have been a really, really, really stupid question.

Bogie

• friend
  • Hunkered in South St. Louis, right by Route 66
    • Third Rate Pundit
« Reply #42 on: February 28, 2008, 02:52:25 PM »
Oh, and it's cold too...

Personally, I think that there needs to be a test, given in whatever language, with no time limit, to determine if the person actually knows enough about the issues at hand to vote. Get rid of the racists, the women who are voting for a candidate because he's "kinda cute," and the "walk in, and pull the straight ticket" lever folks.

REQUIRE people to think.

I'm guessing that it'd be possible to dumb all the issues down to 2nd/3rd grade reading level...

Blog under construction

longeyes

• friend
« Reply #43 on: February 29, 2008, 07:51:23 AM »
This election more and more resembles a competition for high school president, which isn't surprising when you figure that way too many Americans seem to be permanent adolescents.
"Domari nolo."

Walt Kowalski: Ever notice how you come across somebody once in a while you shouldn't have messed with? That's me.

Molon Labe.

ExSoldier

« Reply #44 on: February 29, 2008, 10:19:23 AM »

So which of the current GOP candidates, besides Ron Paul, is going to allow this? 

Huckabee was the only Governor out of 50 to not only hold a CCW while in office he actually carried it, as well. Huckabee was very pointed in bringing up the 2nd Amendment during nearly every debate.  Huck may have some other views subject to argument, but I have no doubt he's pro-gun all the way.
Alert today: Alive tomorrow!

Manedwolf

• friend
« Reply #45 on: March 01, 2008, 04:40:42 AM »
Something just on the news showed a very large group of people who had made Obama's name into a gospel-cadence chant.

Okay, now I'm officially freaked out at the cultlike stupidity of some Americans.  undecided

longeyes

• friend
« Reply #46 on: March 02, 2008, 09:04:40 AM »
Obama has a good beat and you can dance to him.  I'd give him a 78.
"Domari nolo."

Molon Labe.

gunsmith

• I forgot to get vaccinated!
  • friend
  • I'm sorry, Dave. I'm afraid I can't do that.
« Reply #47 on: March 05, 2008, 02:36:06 PM »
I was beginning to think Obama was the anti Christ personally, but after careful retrospection I realize he is more like just a plain old Hitler.
Good thing is that Hillary has a corrupt machine in place that will stop him this time.
Politicians and bureaucrats are considered productive if they swarm the populace like a plague of locust, devouring all substance in their path and leaving a swath of destruction like a firestorm. The technical term is "bipartisanship".
Rocket Man: "The need for booster shots for the immunized has always been based on the science.  Political science, not medical science."

Strings

« Reply #48 on: March 05, 2008, 03:04:41 PM »
Hey Gunsmith! No stealing my viewpoint!

Besides, you went on record earlier as saying he was the anti-christ... Tongue

johnster999

« Reply #49 on: March 05, 2008, 08:15:58 PM »
More golden words from Mrs. Obama:

http://www.newyorker.com/reporting/2008/03/10/080310fa_fact_collins?currentPage=3

(Michelle) Obama begins with a broad assessment of life in America in 2008, and life is not good: were a divided country, were a country that is just downright mean, we are guided by fear, were a nation of cynics, sloths, and complacents. We have become a nation of struggling folks who are barely making it every day, she said, as heads bobbed in the pews. Folks are just jammed up, and its gotten worse over my lifetime. And, doggone it, Im young. Forty-four!

No wonder she has trouble being proud of this mean country. Especially when you're jammed up and only Forty-four.