Author Topic: Did Obama name his VeeP?  (Read 12598 times)

Lennyjoe

• friend
Did Obama name his VeeP?
« on: August 22, 2008, 02:12:24 PM »
Haven't heard anything. Thought he was announcing today.

sumpnz

• friend
Re: Did Obama name his VeeP?
« Reply #1 on: August 22, 2008, 02:15:41 PM »
Not yet.

Perd Hapley

• Superstar of the Internet
  • friend
  • My prepositions are on/in
« Reply #2 on: August 22, 2008, 02:52:44 PM »
He told me, but I can't tell anyone else yet. 
"Doggies are angel babies!" -- my wife

seeker_two

• friend
  • In short, most intelligence is false.
« Reply #3 on: August 22, 2008, 06:28:49 PM »
Obama has decided....but fistful's wife hasn't given her approval yet....
Impressed yet befogged, they grasped at his vivid leading phrases, seeing only their surface meaning, and missing the deeper current of his thought.

longeyes

• friend
« Reply #4 on: August 22, 2008, 06:38:53 PM »
zzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzz
"Domari nolo."

Thug: What you lookin' at old man?
Walt Kowalski: Ever notice how you come across somebody once in a while you shouldn't have messed with? That's me.

Molon Labe.

Sergeant Bob

• friend
« Reply #5 on: August 22, 2008, 07:07:36 PM »
It's Joe Biden.
Personally, I do not understand how a bunch of people demanding a bigger govt can call themselves anarchist.
I meet lots of folks like this, claim to be anarchist but really they're just liberals with pierced genitals. - gunsmith

I already have canned butter, buying more. Canned blueberries, some pancake making dry goods and the end of the world is gonna be delicious.  -French G

De Selby

• friend
« Reply #6 on: August 22, 2008, 07:08:47 PM »
He's going to prove his bipartisan bona fides-it's John McCain.

"Human existence being an hallucination containing in itself the secondary hallucinations of day and night (the latter an insanitary condition of the atmosphere due to accretions of black air) it ill becomes any man of sense to be concerned at the illusory approach of the supreme hallucination known as death."

Manedwolf

• friend
« Reply #7 on: August 22, 2008, 07:55:27 PM »
It's Joe Biden.

F from the NRA. Wants the AWB back.

Keep assault weapons ban; close gun show loophole
Voted NO on prohibiting lawsuits against gun manufacturers.
Voted NO on banning lawsuits against gun manufacturers for gun violence.
Voted YES on background checks at gun shows.
Voted NO on more penalties for gun & drug violations.
Voted NO on loosening license & background checks at gun shows.
Voted NO on maintaining current law: guns sold without trigger locks.

Am I surprised that's his pick? Nope.

Perd Hapley

• friend
« Reply #8 on: August 22, 2008, 08:02:02 PM »
http://www.breitbart.com/article.php?id=D92NPH8G1&show_article=1          

Obama picks Biden for veep    
Aug 23 12:53 AM US/Eastern
By LIZ SIDOTI and NEDRA PICKLER
Associated Press Writers
WASHINGTON (AP) - Sen. Joe Biden of Delaware is Barack Obama's pick as vice presidential running mate, The Associated Press has learned.

Biden, 65, is a veteran of more than three decades in the Senate, and one of his party's leading experts on foreign policy, an area in which polls indicate Obama needs help in his race against Republican rival John McCain.

The official who spoke did so on condition of anonymity, saying they did not want to pre-empt a text-message announcement the Obama campaign promised for Saturday morning.

Copyright 2008 The Associated Press. All rights reserved. This material may not be published, broadcast, rewritten or redistributed.

Biden, 65, is one of his party's leading experts on foreign policy
Meaning he's a slightly better adviser than a ten-year-old child.

The official who spoke did so on condition of anonymity, saying they did not want to pre-empt a text-message announcement the Obama campaign promised for Saturday morning.

So, either somebody totally gave the finger to the text-message kids, or this leak was a red herring. 

If it really is Biden, they totally screwed up their nifty little text message ploy, not to mention the VP candidate will muck up their campaign with his foot-in-mouth disease.

If the text messages come out with some other VP, the recipients will feel all special inside, and this will be a pretty big story.

yesitsloaded

• friends
« Reply #9 on: August 22, 2008, 09:03:14 PM »
Gun control red alert if it is him.
I can haz nukular banstiks ? Say no to furries, yes to people.

Lennyjoe

• friend
« Reply #10 on: August 23, 2008, 03:17:38 AM »
Yep Its Biden.

agricola

• friend
« Reply #11 on: August 23, 2008, 03:20:16 AM »
Gun control red alert if it is him.

It is him:  http://news.bbc.co.uk/1/hi/world/americas/7578136.stm

Is this the first VP pic to have publicly endorsed the opposing side previously?  

http://web.archive.org/web/20040803085719/http://www.msnbc.msn.com/id/4961694/

grin
"Idiot!  A long life eating mush is best."
"Make peace, you fools"

agricola

• friend
« Reply #12 on: August 23, 2008, 03:31:37 AM »
"Make peace, you fools"

K Frame

• friend
  • I Am Inimical
« Reply #13 on: August 23, 2008, 03:55:45 AM »
Ads like that pop up just about every presidential race where the front runner picks someone who was running against him in the primaries.

When Reagan picked Bush in 1980 Carter's camp made a huge fuss about Bush calling Reagan's economics plan "Voodoo Economics."
Carbon Monoxide, sucking the life out of idiots, 'tards, and fools since man tamed fire.

Perd Hapley

• friend
« Reply #14 on: August 23, 2008, 04:20:20 AM »
I'm still waiting to hear what's on the text message, before I believe it.  But then, I'm still wary that Hillary could steal the nomination in Denver.   smiley

Werewolf

• friend
  • Lead, Follow or Get the HELL out of the WAY!
« Reply #15 on: August 23, 2008, 05:29:29 AM »
Biden?

the same Biden that a few election cycles ago had his own run for the presidency derailed because he's a plagiarist?

the same Biden who made the "he's a clean negro" comment on this one?

the same Biden with the IQ of a tree stump? AND isn't he the Senator from Delaware with what? 3 Electoral votes?

Yeah - that'll help Obama. NOT!

I'm starting to be less and less concerned about Obama getting elected. The guy's terminally stupid and people are waking up and finally smelling the coffee.

Life is short, Break the rules, Forgive quickly, Kiss slowly, Love
truly, Laugh uncontrollably, And never regret anything that made you smile.

Fight Me Online

Gowen

• Metal smith
  • friend
    • Gemoriah.com
« Reply #16 on: August 23, 2008, 05:29:56 AM »
I'm still waiting to hear what's on the text message, before I believe it.  But then, I'm still wary that Hillary could steal the nomination in Denver.   smiley

Every time I hear of a little kid run over by a car, it's by some idiot kid text messaging someone while driving down the road.  Why do I feel we the American people are the little kid, and Berry is the idiot driving?
"That's my hat, I'm the leader!" Napoleon the Bloodhound

Gemoriah.com

longeyes

• friend
« Reply #17 on: August 23, 2008, 06:02:05 AM »
Biden loses Obama the women, the wildeyed, the wi-fi wankers, and the wiggers.  He is another Establishment regent, much as Cheney was there to babysit W.

This couldn't be better for Our Side.  The McCain people have to be salivating over the "clean Negro" gaffe and "foreign policy expert" Biden's opposition to The Surge.
"Domari nolo."

Walt Kowalski: Ever notice how you come across somebody once in a while you shouldn't have messed with? That's me.

Molon Labe.

Manedwolf

• friend
« Reply #18 on: August 23, 2008, 06:09:04 AM »
Biden loses Obama the women, the wildeyed, the wi-fi wankers, and the wiggers.  He is another Establishment regent, much as Cheney was there to babysit W.

This couldn't be better for Our Side.  The McCain people have to be salivating over the "clean Negro" gaffe and "foreign policy expert" Biden's opposition to The Surge.

Oh, Biden has made SO many gaffes. Remember this one?

"In Delaware, the largest growth in population is Indian-Americans moving from India. You cannot go to a 7-Eleven or a Dunkin' Donuts unless you have a slight Indian accent. I'm not joking." - Biden, 2006

longeyes

• friend
« Reply #19 on: August 23, 2008, 06:15:41 AM »
Best strategy: Let Biden talk.  He's a fool.

He will go after McCain and say something stupid that will maim the BHO campaign.  I give him a week at the outside.

Biden is a smart ass who isn't smart.  That's a problem.  For them.
"Domari nolo."

Molon Labe.

longeyes

• friend
« Reply #20 on: August 23, 2008, 06:18:44 AM »
Perfect time to put Bobby Jindal on the ticket.

Biden will be destroyed by the "Macaca Factor."

Wasn't Biden, the ultimate insider, BORN in the Senate? 

Will they have to change the campaign motto to...

HOPE.  CHANGE.  CLEANLINESS.

?
"Domari nolo."

Molon Labe.

cassandra and sara's daddy

• friends
« Reply #21 on: August 23, 2008, 08:37:43 AM »
the end times are nigh. i find myself nodding in agreement reading longeyes
It is much more powerful to seek Truth for one's self.  Seeing and hearing that others seem to have found it can be a motivation.  With me, I was drawn because of much error and bad judgment on my part. Confronting one's own errors and bad judgment is a very life altering situation.  Confronting the errors and bad judgment of others is usually hypocrisy.

by someone older and wiser than I

agricola

• friend
« Reply #22 on: August 23, 2008, 08:46:59 AM »
Does this mean that Neil Kinnock now becomes a big issue in your election?

"Make peace, you fools"

French G.

• friend
  • ohhh sparkles!
« Reply #23 on: August 23, 2008, 08:53:05 AM »
I'm somewhat gleeful as this is an  obaminable choice of VP. I can't be too happy yet since McCain might forfeit this great gift by choosing an even crappier VP(Lieberman) for himself. While I think Biden has FAIL written all over him I have to admit the Obama people aren't stupid. They think they can win with Biden. That means they did the math and don't feel that they need someone like Tim Kaine to deliver a swing state to them. That means they don't think they need a southern democrat who doesn't cheat on his wife to broaden Obama's appeal. It's a pretty brazen choice, "here's our radical urban liberalism and you are going to have to eat it."

Of course no one is happy, DU is being pretty heavily moderated right now on the Biden choice but they can't suppress all the dissent. Apparently Biden is way too establishment for them.

Here's hoping the nutroots riot in Denver!  grin
AKA Navy Joe   

I'm so contrarian that I didn't respond to the thread.

agricola

• friend
« Reply #24 on: August 23, 2008, 09:02:49 AM »
I'm somewhat gleeful as this is an  obaminable choice of VP. I can't be too happy yet since McCain might forfeit this great gift by choosing an even crappier VP(Lieberman) for himself. While I think Biden has FAIL written all over him I have to admit the Obama people aren't stupid. They think they can win with Biden. That means they did the math and don't feel that they need someone like Tim Kaine to deliver a swing state to them. That means they don't think they need a southern democrat who doesn't cheat on his wife to broaden Obama's appeal. It's a pretty brazen choice, "here's our radical urban liberalism and you are going to have to eat it."

Of course no one is happy, DU is being pretty heavily moderated right now on the Biden choice but they can't suppress all the dissent. Apparently Biden is way too establishment for them.

Here's hoping the nutroots riot in Denver!  grin

They probably will both riot and vote for him in November - but they have served their purpose by enabling Mr. HopeandChange to beat Hillary, and will be left under the bus until the election. 

As for "they think they can win with Biden", IMHO that gives too much of the credit to them - they probably thought they could only win with Biden, given how much of a massive contrast there was between Obama's pseudo-French position (despite a vast hoard of "foriegn policy experts" advising him) on Georgia and McCain's far more correct position.  This is a shocking admission of weakness (given that, as has been noted, this fundamentally damages the "change" argument), and I would not be at all surprised if Georgia actually changed who the intended VP pick was.
"Make peace, you fools"