Author Topic: Obama to Deploy Up to 1,200 National Guard Troops to U.S.-Mexico Border  (Read 11627 times)

Ron

• friends
  • Like a tree planted by the rivers of water
    • What I believe ...
I'm more prone to agree with Chapman on this subject.

http://townhall.com/columnists/SteveChapman/2010/05/30/legalize_immigration

Legalized status for the millions who flood in to work, not citizenship but some status that allows them to work on the books.

Fences and walls work both ways...
For the invisible things of him since the creation of the world are clearly seen, being perceived through the things that are made, even his everlasting power and divinity, that they may be without excuse. Because knowing God, they didn’t glorify him as God, and didn’t give thanks, but became vain in their reasoning, and their senseless heart was darkened. Professing themselves to be wise, they became fools.

longeyes

• friend
Chapman is another open-borders Republican type.  Geographic proximity should not dictate a rational immigration policy.  Because Mexico and Central America happen to be nearby doesn't mean they have entitlement claims on or are entitled to inundate our culture.  This is not about their needs, it is about ours, on every level.  Believing that this is just an economic issue is naive; it is cultural as well, and pretending otherwise, or calling discussion of other angles on this "racist," is going to do nothing but turn a problem that might have a rational disposition into something much, much worse.  Someone is going to end up unhappy when the dust settles, and my hope is not the 70 per cent of the American people who reject amnesty or some de facto equivalent thereof.
"Domari nolo."

Thug: What you lookin' at old man?
Walt Kowalski: Ever notice how you come across somebody once in a while you shouldn't have messed with? That's me.

Molon Labe.