Author Topic: Is necrophilia wrong?  (Read 11690 times)

Balog

• Unrepentant race traitor
  • friends
  • What if we tried more?
Is necrophilia wrong?
« on: January 24, 2012, 12:26:42 PM »
Interesting article. I'd be interested in hearing from our atheist/libertarian/secular humanist type members on this point, as I agree that within a moral framework that holds 1. humans as nothing but matter in motion and 2. violation of contracts and initiation of force as the only moral wrongs there is no cogent argument against it.

http://www.bigthink.com/ideas/41643?page=all

Edit: fixed link, stupid phone cuts off the initial http://www. part
« Last Edit: January 24, 2012, 01:58:21 PM by Balog »
Quote from: French G.
I was always pleasant, friendly and within arm's reach of a gun.

Quote from: Standing Wolf
If government is the answer, it must have been a really, really, really stupid question.

TommyGunn

• friend
  • Stuck in full auto since birth.
Re: Is necrophilia wrong?
« Reply #1 on: January 24, 2012, 12:35:15 PM »
More importantly; is it disgusting? ;/ [tinfoil] [barf] :facepalm:
MOLON LABE   "Through ignorance of what is good and what is bad, the life of men is greatly perplexed." ~~ Cicero

MillCreek

• Skippy The Wonder Dog
  • friend
  • APS Risk Manager
« Reply #2 on: January 24, 2012, 12:43:48 PM »
I will admit that in my past, there have been times that I looked afterwards to see if there was a chalk outline around my partner.  Not a lot of sound and fury sometimes.

Quote from: Angel Eyes on August 09, 2018, 01:56:15 AM
You are one lousy risk manager.

lee n. field

• friend
  • tinpot megalomaniac, Paulbot, hardware goon
« Reply #3 on: January 24, 2012, 12:44:04 PM »
 [popcorn]
In thy presence is fulness of joy.
At thy right hand pleasures for evermore.

mtnbkr

• friend
« Reply #4 on: January 24, 2012, 12:47:56 PM »
I will admit that in my past, there have been times that I looked afterwards to see if there was a chalk outline around my partner.  Not a lot of sound and fury sometimes.

CNYCacher

• friend
« Reply #5 on: January 24, 2012, 12:49:10 PM »
To whom does the body belong?  If you are the next of kin, then knock yourself out.  If you are a part-time mortuary worker getting your freak on with my Grandma, then I say anything you give to Grandma, Grandma gets to keep.
On two occasions, I have been asked [by members of Parliament], "Pray, Mr. Babbage, if you put into the machine wrong figures, will the right answers come out?" I am not able to rightly apprehend the kind of confusion of ideas that could provoke such a question.
Charles Babbage

Jamisjockey

• Booze-fueled paragon of pointless cruelty and wanton sadism
  • friend
  • Your mom sends me care packages
« Reply #6 on: January 24, 2012, 12:58:10 PM »
As an atheist/libertarian, I see the body as property of the deceased, and of the executor of the deceased wishes.  If the deceased willed it  or the executor lets you.....go for it.  But *expletive deleted*ck, that's nasty.
JD

The price of a lottery ticket seems to be the maximum most folks are willing to risk toward the dream of becoming a one-percenter. “Robert Hollis”

BlueStarLizzard

• Queen of the Cislords
  • friend
  • Oh please, nobody died last time...
« Reply #7 on: January 24, 2012, 01:50:18 PM »
the question of legality is beyond my ken.

I don't understand why it would be, but, uhhh... To each their own?  [barf]

I will say then anyone who wants to get it on with a corpse needs some serious mental help, stat.

"Okay, um, I'm lost. Uh, I'm angry, and I'm armed, so if you two have something that you need to work out --" -Malcolm Reynolds

wmenorr67

• friend
« Reply #8 on: January 24, 2012, 01:53:47 PM »
I don't know what is to be gained by it.  I mean if you want to have sex with something that just lays there buy a doll.
There are five things, above all else, that make life worth living: a good relationship with God, a good woman, good health, good friends, and a good cigar.

Only two defining forces have ever offered to die for you, Jesus Christ and the American Soldier.  One died for your soul, the other for your freedom.

Bacon is the candy bar of meats!

Only the dead have seen the end of war!

roo_ster

• Kakistocracy--It's What's For Dinner.
  • friend
  • Hoist the black flag, and begin slitting throats
« Reply #9 on: January 24, 2012, 01:56:31 PM »

In Millcreek's defense, I hear his partner was English.

Quote from: A Fish Called Wanda
Otto: I thought Englishmen didn't like women, the way they talk.                   

Wanda: No. He's straight. He's kinda cute, too, in a pompous sort of way.                   

Otto: You got the hots for him?

Wanda: I'm not into necrophilia.           

Otto: What is this, Hump a Limey Week suddenly?
Regards,

roo_ster

“Fallacies do not cease to be fallacies because they become fashions.”
----G.K. Chesterton

Perd Hapley

• Superstar of the Internet
  • friend
  • My prepositions are on/in
« Reply #10 on: January 24, 2012, 02:00:54 PM »
the question of legality is beyond my ken.

I'm not sure why you're asking your Ken doll about this.  =|

Note to self: don't invite Balog over for dinner. Not sure I like his choice of conversation topics.  :P
"Doggies are angel babies!" -- my wife

red headed stranger

• friend
« Reply #11 on: January 24, 2012, 02:08:21 PM »
I see the body as property of the deceased, and of the executor of the deceased wishes.  If the deceased willed it  or the executor lets you.....go for it.  But *expletive deleted*, that's nasty.

This.  

That said, I think that it would be hard for a necrophiliac to have an ample supply of willing "partners."  

I suppose there are some marketplace solutions to the supply issue, but it kinda gives me the creepy crawlies.  
Those who learn from history are doomed to watch others repeat it

French G.

• friend
  • ohhh sparkles!
« Reply #12 on: January 24, 2012, 02:21:48 PM »
Legal/moral or not I'm more interested in the motivations of the perpetrator. I don't think someone that deviant belongs in polite society. We shoot dogs and bears that show a propensity to attack humans.

I mean is there any other human cure for a guy like this? Oh, I highly recommend finding the book on this, weird doesn't begin. http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Carl_Tanzler#Maria_Elena_Milagro_de_Hoyos
AKA Navy Joe   

I'm so contrarian that I didn't respond to the thread.

Ned Hamford

• friend
« Reply #13 on: January 24, 2012, 02:23:52 PM »
Improbus a nullo flectitur obsequio.

Jamisjockey

• friend
« Reply #14 on: January 24, 2012, 02:49:01 PM »
Legal/moral or not I'm more interested in the motivations of the perpetrator. I don't think someone that deviant belongs in polite society. We shoot dogs and bears that show a propensity to attack humans.

I mean is there any other human cure for a guy like this? Oh, I highly recommend finding the book on this, weird doesn't begin. http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Carl_Tanzler#Maria_Elena_Milagro_de_Hoyos

But who was harmed in the consensual act of porking a corpse? If the sicko gets someone to will them their body post-mortem, and its all consensual....?  Consenting LIVING adults do some *expletive deleted*ed up things to each other and we don't shoot them on sight.  Maybe someone thinkgs you and your wife enjoy too many positions.  Deviant!
JD

The price of a lottery ticket seems to be the maximum most folks are willing to risk toward the dream of becoming a one-percenter. “Robert Hollis”

lupinus

• Southern Mod Trimutive Emeritus
  • friends
« Reply #15 on: January 24, 2012, 03:01:31 PM »
I don't know what is to be gained by it.  I mean if you want to have sex with something that just lays there buy a doll.
Or a wife
That is all. *expletive deleted*ck you all, eat *expletive deleted*it, and die in a fire. I have considered writing here a long parting section dedicated to each poster, but I have decided, at length, against it. *expletive deleted*ck you all and Hail Satan.

wmenorr67

• friend
« Reply #16 on: January 24, 2012, 03:02:54 PM »
Or a wife

You have sex with your wife?
There are five things, above all else, that make life worth living: a good relationship with God, a good woman, good health, good friends, and a good cigar.

Only two defining forces have ever offered to die for you, Jesus Christ and the American Soldier.  One died for your soul, the other for your freedom.

Bacon is the candy bar of meats!

Only the dead have seen the end of war!

mtnbkr

• friend
« Reply #17 on: January 24, 2012, 03:12:01 PM »

BryanP

• friendly hermit
  • friend
« Reply #18 on: January 24, 2012, 04:19:47 PM »
Note to self: do not party with Balog.
"Inaccurately attributed quotes are the bane of the internet" - Abraham Lincoln

Balog

• Unrepentant race traitor
  • friends
  • What if we tried more?
« Reply #19 on: January 24, 2012, 04:46:56 PM »
I admire the willingn ess of the board members to follow their ideas through to their logical conclusion. I really do. It takes far more honesty than many people have these days. I think the leap made in the "If you support anti-necrophilia laws it's only a matter of time before the .gov throws you in jail for trying anal with your wife!!!!" type statements is a bit silly, but overall I'd say the libertarians on the board are very consistent with their beliefs.

That being said, I (just me personally now) think that if you find your line of argumentation leading to the ideal state being one where it is acceptable to bone your grandma's corpse (or sell it to someone down the street to do that to) then I perhaps think it might be time for a re-examination of your political views. But that's just me.
Quote from: French G.
I was always pleasant, friendly and within arm's reach of a gun.

Quote from: Standing Wolf
If government is the answer, it must have been a really, really, really stupid question.

BlueStarLizzard

• Queen of the Cislords
  • friend
« Reply #20 on: January 24, 2012, 04:59:36 PM »
I admire the willingn ess of the board members to follow their ideas through to their logical conclusion. I really do. It takes far more honesty than many people have these days. I think the leap made in the "If you support anti-necrophilia laws it's only a matter of time before the .gov throws you in jail for trying anal with your wife!!!!" type statements is a bit silly, but overall I'd say the libertarians on the board are very consistent with their beliefs.

That being said, I (just me personally now) think that if you find your line of argumentation leading to the ideal state being one where it is acceptable to bone your grandma's corpse (or sell it to someone down the street to do that to) then I perhaps think it might be time for a re-examination of your political views. But that's just me.

Look, if we take out the moral judgement and look at it logically, then, well, it's not hurting anyone but (we presume, or at least I presume) the person doing the humping.
Which leads to the usually libertarian/wicca stance of "do what you will as long as you don't hurt someone else".
By that logic, with the previously gain consent of the deseased or the consent of those who had a relasionship with the deseased, I guess it shouldn't be illeagle.

On the other hand, since the few folks on this planet who like banging dead people are so few and far between AND have some serious mental issues, I am more then cool with leaving this particular taboo illeagal, along with consesual insest and probably a few other things that I am too innocent to think people would actually do.

Cause its ewwy.
"Okay, um, I'm lost. Uh, I'm angry, and I'm armed, so if you two have something that you need to work out --" -Malcolm Reynolds

red headed stranger

• friend
« Reply #21 on: January 24, 2012, 04:59:51 PM »
Note to self: do not party with Balog.

At least, don't pass out.   ;)
Those who learn from history are doomed to watch others repeat it

BlueStarLizzard

• Queen of the Cislords
  • friend
« Reply #22 on: January 24, 2012, 05:00:57 PM »
At least, don't pass out.   ;)

Watch out for roofies.

Jamisjockey

• friend
« Reply #23 on: January 24, 2012, 05:02:40 PM »

I'm glad you claim the moral high ground over those around you.  I submit to your all-moralness. Please tell me how to think for myself.
People like you are why the human race will never actually be free from each other.
JD

mtnbkr

• friend
« Reply #24 on: January 24, 2012, 05:04:00 PM »
This is starting to smell like polyticks.

Chris