Author Topic: Is necrophilia wrong?  (Read 11694 times)

BlueStarLizzard

• Queen of the Cislords
  • friend
  • Oh please, nobody died last time...
Re: Is necrophilia wrong?
« Reply #25 on: January 24, 2012, 05:21:36 PM »
This is starting to smell like polyticks.

Chris

It could just be decomposing fleash.

Suprisingly similar, those two...
"Okay, um, I'm lost. Uh, I'm angry, and I'm armed, so if you two have something that you need to work out --" -Malcolm Reynolds

red headed stranger

• friend
« Reply #26 on: January 24, 2012, 05:26:39 PM »

That being said, I (just me personally now) think that if you find your line of argumentation leading to the ideal state being one where it is acceptable to bone your grandma's corpse (or sell it to someone down the street to do that to) then I perhaps think it might be time for a re-examination of your political views. But that's just me.

If figured we'd end up here in this thread.  Just not so quickly.  You should have given us time to get really really anarcho-craaazy.  :D 
« Last Edit: January 24, 2012, 05:31:00 PM by red headed stranger »
Those who learn from history are doomed to watch others repeat it

Perd Hapley

• Superstar of the Internet
  • friend
  • My prepositions are on/in
« Reply #27 on: January 24, 2012, 05:32:07 PM »
People like you are why the human race will never actually be free from each other.

Please explain.
"Doggies are angel babies!" -- my wife

BlueStarLizzard

• Queen of the Cislords
  • friend
« Reply #28 on: January 24, 2012, 05:35:51 PM »

Please explain.

He did. It's in the other part of his quote.
 ;/
"Okay, um, I'm lost. Uh, I'm angry, and I'm armed, so if you two have something that you need to work out --" -Malcolm Reynolds

roo_ster

• Kakistocracy--It's What's For Dinner.
  • friend
  • Hoist the black flag, and begin slitting throats
« Reply #29 on: January 24, 2012, 05:36:35 PM »
Please explain.

It is inexplicable. 

Or, yes, it is explicable in the way Wesley in Forrest Gump explains why he beats his woman because of "the damn war," and "That goddamned Johnson."   It helps the explanation if one wears a milsurp Wehrmacht overshirt.
Regards,

roo_ster

“Fallacies do not cease to be fallacies because they become fashions.”
----G.K. Chesterton

Balog

• Unrepentant race traitor
  • friends
  • What if we tried more?
« Reply #30 on: January 24, 2012, 05:43:03 PM »
I'm glad you claim the moral high ground over those around you.  I submit to your all-moralness. Please tell me how to think for myself.
People like you are why the human race will never actually be free from each other.

/sigh

At some point, claiming that anyone who adheres to a different moral standard than you must therefore be looking down on you is both silly and hypocritical. Since, you know, you're claiming the moral high ground and looking down on me...

If you feel defensive every time someone disagrees with you, that is your problem not mine. I literally cannot think of a more polite and non-judgemental way of expressing my opinion than I did above.  I apologize for my role as one of "those people" who oppress the poor necrophiliacs, and by extension everyone else on the planet apparently.
Quote from: French G.
I was always pleasant, friendly and within arm's reach of a gun.

Quote from: Standing Wolf
If government is the answer, it must have been a really, really, really stupid question.

MechAg94

• friend
« Reply #31 on: January 24, 2012, 05:48:12 PM »
I'm glad you claim the moral high ground over those around you.  I submit to your all-moralness. Please tell me how to think for myself.
I would also like to add:  When it comes to people who like to hump dead bodies, I will gladly claim the moral high ground over them without reservation or doubt.  That is just sick.

On a related topic, I feel compelled to mention that I prefer to be cremated after death.   =D
“It is much more important to kill bad bills than to pass good ones.”  ― Calvin Coolidge

red headed stranger

• friend
« Reply #32 on: January 24, 2012, 05:51:04 PM »
On a related topic, I feel compelled to mention that I prefer to be cremated after death.   =D

That won't save you.  Remember rule 34.   =)
Those who learn from history are doomed to watch others repeat it

MechAg94

• friend
« Reply #33 on: January 24, 2012, 05:57:07 PM »
A couple other thoughts similar to what others have said in the unlikely event this were to be legal:

1.  IMO, the deceased must give explicit and unambiguous permission via very public statements and will, otherwise, not allowed.  
2.  The Executor and relatives cannot give permission without that.  I cannot fathom a situation where the deceased made no mention of this yet we should allow an executor or relatives to give that permission.  Talk about the ultimate revenge.  
3.  If permission is legal, it must be made part of the public record for both the deceased and the person allowed.  No secrets for something like this.  

4.  Can we just talk about legalizing drugs or something?  If we are going to go down the Extreme Freedom, then there are about 2,346,572,690 other things to be settled before this comes up on the docket.  
“It is much more important to kill bad bills than to pass good ones.”  ― Calvin Coolidge

BlueStarLizzard

• Queen of the Cislords
  • friend
« Reply #34 on: January 24, 2012, 06:02:29 PM »
A couple other thoughts similar to what others have said in the unlikely event this were to be legal:

1.  IMO, the deceased must give explicit and unambiguous permission via very public statements and will, otherwise, not allowed.  
2.  The Executor and relatives cannot give permission without that.  I cannot fathom a situation where the deceased made no mention of this yet we should allow an executor or relatives to give that permission.  Talk about the ultimate revenge.  
3.  If permission is legal, it must be made part of the public record for both the deceased and the person allowed.  No secrets for something like this.  

4.  Can we just talk about legalizing drugs or something?  If we are going to go down the Extreme Freedom, then there are about 2,346,572,690 other things to be settled before this comes up on the docket.  

I think the most importent bullet is number four.

Although, I have this really strong urg to understand the train of thought that lead to the OP.

I have the same morbid fascination for trainwreaks.

Balog

• friends
  • What if we tried more?
« Reply #35 on: January 24, 2012, 06:08:29 PM »
I saw a "wtf is this?!?!" Sort of link to the article in the OP, started to read it, and thought 1. This is wrong 2. But it's internally consistent with the worldview the author expresses. Then I wondered if the other folks I know who hold that same worldview would agree that the article represents them. So I asked.

If government is the answer, it must have been a really, really, really stupid question.

Perd Hapley

• Superstar of the Internet
  • friend
  • My prepositions are on/in
« Reply #36 on: January 24, 2012, 06:16:49 PM »
As an atheist/libertarian, I see the body as property of the deceased, and of the executor of the deceased wishes.  If the deceased willed it  or the executor lets you.....go for it.  But *expletive deleted*, that's nasty.

It seems that speaking of the body as property would be where we go off the rails. We'd be better off speaking of having custody of the body, or something similar. Like scientific experimentation or organ donation, the deceased had bloody well better have supplied written instructions to have this done to their body. Even then, the executor, or whoever has custody of the corpse, would have to be willing to be involved in it. IOW, anyone who wants that to happen to them after death should find an executor willing to get it on with their corpse, or willing to supply it to someone who is willing.
"Doggies are angel babies!" -- my wife

Jamisjockey

• Booze-fueled paragon of pointless cruelty and wanton sadism
  • friend
  • Your mom sends me care packages
« Reply #37 on: January 24, 2012, 07:07:10 PM »
It seems that speaking of the body as property would be where we go off the rails. We'd be better off speaking of having custody of the body, or something similar. Like scientific experimentation or organ donation, the deceased had bloody well better have supplied written instructions to have this done to their body. Even then, the executor, or whoever has custody of the corpse, would have to be willing to be involved in it. IOW, anyone who wants that to happen to them after death should find an executor willing to get it on with their corpse, or willing to supply it to someone who is willing.

Actually, I think that makes the most sense. 

/sigh

At some point, claiming that anyone who adheres to a different moral standard than you must therefore be looking down on you is both silly and hypocritical. Since, you know, you're claiming the moral high ground and looking down on me...

If you feel defensive every time someone disagrees with you, that is your problem not mine. I literally cannot think of a more polite and non-judgemental way of expressing my opinion than I did above.  I apologize for my role as one of "those people" who oppress the poor necrophiliacs, and by extension everyone else on the planet apparently.

See my previous posts.  In a free society you have no right to prevent me from agreeing to let someone bugger my corpse when I go. 
With true freedom comes ugly things you won't like, whether its necrophiliacs or people who consume each other's blood or maybe you don't like their clothes or their religion.  Am I a fan of the concept of porking the dead? Nope.  But if someone wants to let people pork their corpse when they pass, who am I to stop them.

Oh, and you win 3 troll stars.  Clap. Clap.
JD

The price of a lottery ticket seems to be the maximum most folks are willing to risk toward the dream of becoming a one-percenter. “Robert Hollis”

longeyes

• friend
« Reply #38 on: January 24, 2012, 07:14:56 PM »
This is what libertarianism looks like. =D

And people wonder why it hasn't caught on...?
"Domari nolo."

Thug: What you lookin' at old man?
Walt Kowalski: Ever notice how you come across somebody once in a while you shouldn't have messed with? That's me.

Molon Labe.

seeker_two

• friend
  • In short, most intelligence is false.
« Reply #39 on: January 24, 2012, 07:18:10 PM »
Quote from: Balog
Is necrophilia wrong?

Only if the victim files a complaint.....
Impressed yet befogged, they grasped at his vivid leading phrases, seeing only their surface meaning, and missing the deeper current of his thought.

Jamisjockey

• friend
« Reply #40 on: January 24, 2012, 07:20:07 PM »
This is what libertarianism looks like. =D

And people wonder why it hasn't caught on...?

I think the word you're looking for is Freedom.  You're welcome.

If you can't wrap your head around the concept, I'm not sure how else to explain it.
You see, free people should always be able to make consensual deals with other free people. Whether it be about sex, money, property, or even the exchange of ideas.  Anything short of that is not freedom.
« Last Edit: January 24, 2012, 07:24:42 PM by JamisJockey »
JD

The price of a lottery ticket seems to be the maximum most folks are willing to risk toward the dream of becoming a one-percenter. “Robert Hollis”

Pharmacology

• friends
« Reply #41 on: January 24, 2012, 07:21:43 PM »
I think this whole thing runs along the same lines as cannibalism.

EDIT:  edited to avoid copious amounts of butthurt.
« Last Edit: January 24, 2012, 07:25:20 PM by Pharmacology »

longeyes

• friend
« Reply #42 on: January 24, 2012, 07:24:39 PM »
Well, the Founding Fathers were not, so far as I know, kissing cousins to the Marquis de Sade, though it might have been amusing to hear them debate.

Trivializing the struggle to preserve our political liberties with sophomoric debates about necrophilia--should we or shouldn't we?--doesn't advance any legitimate cause for "freedom."
"Domari nolo."

Thug: What you lookin' at old man?
Walt Kowalski: Ever notice how you come across somebody once in a while you shouldn't have messed with? That's me.

Molon Labe.

Jamisjockey

• friend
« Reply #43 on: January 24, 2012, 07:27:07 PM »
Well, the Founding Fathers were not, so far as I know, kissing cousins to the Marquis de Sade, though it might have been amusing to hear them debate.

Trivializing the struggle to preserve our political liberties with sophomoric debates about necrophilia--should we or shouldn't we?--doesn't advance any legitimate cause for "freedom."

Call it an intellectual exercise. 
Replace necrophilia with the exchange of goods for services, religious ceremonies unregulated by the control of government (polygamy, anyone?), or any other act of exchange between consenting adults in a free society.
The outcome is still the same.
JD

charby

• Necromancer
  • Administrator
  • APS's Resident Sikh/Muslim
« Reply #44 on: January 24, 2012, 07:32:50 PM »
For those who live the lifestyle

http://zombiepinups.com/
Iowa- 88% more livable that the rest of the US

Uranus is a gas giant.

Team 444: Member# 536

Jamisjockey

• friend
« Reply #45 on: January 24, 2012, 07:35:30 PM »
For those who live the lifestyle

http://zombiepinups.com/

Posh. Real necros don't pork anything that moves.
JD

Balog

• friends
  • What if we tried more?
« Reply #46 on: January 24, 2012, 07:37:42 PM »
I'm trolling? That'd be funny if you weren't wearing a mod hat.

And just to be clear, holding the moral high ground and looking down on others is wrong! Unless you're a libertarian or anarchist and accusing anyone who dares to disagree with you as an enemy of freedom. Perfectly fine then.

Jamisjockey

• friend
« Reply #47 on: January 24, 2012, 07:41:17 PM »
I'm trolling? That'd be funny if you weren't wearing a mod hat.

And just to be clear, holding the moral high ground and looking down on others is wrong! Unless you're a libertarian or anarchist and accusing anyone who dares to disagree with you as an enemy of freedom. Perfectly fine then.

Disagreement and control of the actions of others are two seperate issues.

JD

Zardozimo Oprah Bannedalas

• Webley Juggler
  • friend
  • All I got is a fistful of shekels
« Reply #48 on: January 24, 2012, 07:45:21 PM »
I think this whole thing runs along the same lines as cannibalism.
Cannibals are just necrophiliacs with a penchant for oral sex.  >:D

lupinus

• Southern Mod Trimutive Emeritus
  • friends
« Reply #49 on: January 24, 2012, 07:52:03 PM »
I'm somehow having a hard time making a connection that inability to legally pork the, even presumably consenting, dead somehow effects personal freedoms.

Kinda stretches the meaning of from my cold dead hands.
That is all. *expletive deleted*ck you all, eat *expletive deleted*it, and die in a fire. I have considered writing here a long parting section dedicated to each poster, but I have decided, at length, against it. *expletive deleted*ck you all and Hail Satan.