Author Topic: Let the Hateful Ebola Doc Die  (Read 6084 times)

roo_ster

• Kakistocracy--It's What's For Dinner.
  • friend
  • Hoist the black flag, and begin slitting throats
Let the Hateful Ebola Doc Die
« on: August 02, 2014, 09:56:31 AM »
[typical_lgb_narcissist]
Let the hateful doc die.

I am not sure why the great concern for this doc, when there really ought to be no place in society for hate organizations that discriminate in practice and word against LGBT people as does his sponsoring organization, Samaritan's Purse.

http://www.samaritanspurse.org/article/samaritans-purse-doctor-serving-in-liberia-west-africa-tests-positive-for-ebola/
Quote from: Doctor, Missionary Battling to Survive Ebola
Dr. Brantly was serving as medical director for the Samaritan’s Purse Ebola Consolidated Case Management Center in Monrovia when he tested positive for Ebola...

Dr. Brantly, a family practice physician, was serving in Liberia through our post-residency program before joining the medical team responding to the Ebola crisis. His wife and two children had been living with him in Liberia but flew home to the U.S. before he started showing any signs of illness.

Last week, Dr. Brantly recognized that he had symptoms associated with Ebola, and immediately isolated himself.

Writebol works with SIM, which manages ELWA Hospital. SIM and Samaritan’s Purse have been working closely to combat Ebola since the current outbreak began in Liberia in March. She had been working as a hygienist who decontaminated those entering and leaving the isolation ward of the Case Management Center at the hospital. She is married with two children.

http://bluenc.com/samaritans-purse-spent-150k-nc-constitutional-amendment
Quote from: Samaritan's Purse spent $150K on NC constitutional amendment
International Christian relief and evangelism charity organization Samaritan's Purse run by Franklin Graham contributed $150,200 towards newspaper and TV advertising in support of the NC Marriage Amendment, according to an Independent Expenditure report filed with the NC State Board of Elections.

http://www.patheos.com/blogs/johnshore/2012/07/franklin-graham-of-samaritans-purse-reject-gays-and-eat-at-chick-fil-a/
Quote from: Franklin Graham of Samaritan’s Purse: “Reject gays and eat at Chick-fil-A.”
But yesterday I got a letter from a reader in which she related how she and her daughter had done a “shoebox Christmas box” for the Christian non-profit organization Samaritan’s Purse, the Board Chairman and CEO of which is Franklin Graham.

“Other than a quick look at their website,” she wrote, “I did not really research the organization. Since doing the box I received occasional emails from them. Last week I received one asking me to pray for Chick-fil-A and their crusade against gay marriage. WHAT!?!! I thought we were helping the impoverished with toothpaste, medical care, and stuffed teddy bears!”

http://76crimes.com/2014/07/21/u-s-money-keeps-supporting-anti-gay-programs/
Quote from: U.S. money keeps supporting anti-gay programs
Samaritan’s Purse, led by Franklin Graham, the son of televangelist  Billy Graham, which includes Bibles in “hygiene kits” delivered to African countries devastated by wars or natural disasters and runs a “Families Matter” prevention program. Samaritan’s Purse has received $23.3 million from the U.S. since Obama took office in 2009.

Funding such hate groups with private and gov't monies is wholly unjustified when important LGBT human-rights objectives like same-sex marriage and restroom use of the transgender's choice have yet to be achieved. 

Also, instead of giving such hate groups gov't monies to go over to assist those in need and study the disease in Africa, we ought to bring ebola victims here where we have the best facilities.  Not doing so is a racist sign we do not think Africans deserve the best American medical care.

[typical_lgbt_narcissist]

Regards,

roo_ster

“Fallacies do not cease to be fallacies because they become fashions.”
----G.K. Chesterton

MechAg94

• friend
Re: Let the Hateful Ebola Doc Die
« Reply #1 on: August 02, 2014, 10:38:39 AM »
Hate Groups.  Another one of those phrases that liberals are trying to redefine. 
“It is much more important to kill bad bills than to pass good ones.”  ― Calvin Coolidge

White Horseradish

• friend
« Reply #2 on: August 02, 2014, 02:52:46 PM »
So, if these guys are so concerned about the poor Africans, why didn't they spend the 150K on them? How does a NC constitutional amendment further humanitarian goals?
Political tags - such as royalist, communist, democrat, populist, fascist, liberal, conservative, and so forth - are never basic criteria. The human race divides politically into those who want people to be controlled and those who have no such desire.

Robert A Heinlein

zxcvbob

• friend
« Reply #3 on: August 02, 2014, 03:46:27 PM »
So, if these guys are so concerned about the poor Africans, why didn't they spend the 150K on them? How does a NC constitutional amendment further humanitarian goals?

I don't know.  What was their total budget and what percentage was $150k?  How much *did* they spend on African aid? (and how efficiently did they spend it)  Let's say it was $5 million.  Does that not count for anything because they also spent another 3% on a political cause you don't like?  Look hard enough and you'll find something about which to call Mother Theresa a hypocrite.

How much have the bluenc folks doing the griping spent to help *anybody*?

I'm more concerned about the money they spend soliciting more donations; Wife gave them $100 a few years ago after one of the disasters in Haiti or something, and I think they spent $100 on postage asking us for more money.  (that's why with several charities I support, I send them $20 a month instead of bigger one-time donations; makes it easier to plan out their budgets)
"It's good, though..."

White Horseradish

• friend
« Reply #4 on: August 02, 2014, 04:51:56 PM »
I don't know.  What was their total budget and what percentage was $150k?  How much *did* they spend on African aid? (and how efficiently did they spend it)  Let's say it was $5 million.  Does that not count for anything because they also spent another 3% on a political cause you don't like?  Look hard enough and you'll find something about which to call Mother Theresa a hypocrite.

How much have the bluenc folks doing the griping spent to help *anybody*?
In the scope of the original post, it doesn't really matter. It says "let the doc die".  If that 150K makes any difference in his treatment, you could say an organization made the decision that advertizing to fight the gheys is more important than this guy's life. And this organization certainly isn't bluenc, whoever they are.

Political tags - such as royalist, communist, democrat, populist, fascist, liberal, conservative, and so forth - are never basic criteria. The human race divides politically into those who want people to be controlled and those who have no such desire.

Robert A Heinlein

zxcvbob

• friend
« Reply #5 on: August 02, 2014, 05:06:16 PM »
Bluenc was one of the first links in roo_ster's post; they were bitching about the $150k.  Maybe the bitching is warranted.  OTOH, some people just like to bitch and never actually do anything useful themselves.  I tend to think it's the latter.
"It's good, though..."

Bigjake

• friend
« Reply #6 on: August 02, 2014, 05:10:12 PM »
I'm just surprised that the .gov allowed him back into the states.  Containing the outbreak to one continent seems like a feature, rather than a bug.

Perd Hapley

• Superstar of the Internet
  • friend
  • My prepositions are on/in
« Reply #7 on: August 02, 2014, 07:38:02 PM »

Did you not get the point at which roo_ster was driving, or did you decide to demonstrate it? I guess you don't care about feeding your own family, because you spent some of it on something else?

To answer the question, though, "humanitarian goals" are in danger every time the cause of human rights is misused for absurdities (like fake marriages). It makes a laughingstock of the whole enterprise; undermines it.
"Doggies are angel babies!" -- my wife

Jamisjockey

• Booze-fueled paragon of pointless cruelty and wanton sadism
  • friend
  • Your mom sends me care packages
« Reply #8 on: August 02, 2014, 08:10:31 PM »
I'm just surprised that the .gov allowed him back into the states.  Containing the outbreak to one continent seems like a feature, rather than a bug.

Meh.  I'm confident the chances of it getting here from this situation are minuscule.  If it arrives, it'll come from some travelers who don't know they're sick returning from that part of Africa.  Or aid workers not getting quarantined. 
JD

The price of a lottery ticket seems to be the maximum most folks are willing to risk toward the dream of becoming a one-percenter. “Robert Hollis”

cassandra and sara's daddy

• friends
« Reply #9 on: August 02, 2014, 08:15:57 PM »
Yea. That's a bigger scarier risk. It's kinda embarrassing to see how panicked folks folks get. It's like folks in the USA being more freaked out than folks in japan over Fukushima . Iodide sold out in New York City. Folks are still zomg over it.
It is much more powerful to seek Truth for one's self.  Seeing and hearing that others seem to have found it can be a motivation.  With me, I was drawn because of much error and bad judgment on my part. Confronting one's own errors and bad judgment is a very life altering situation.  Confronting the errors and bad judgment of others is usually hypocrisy.

by someone older and wiser than I

Bigjake

• friend
« Reply #10 on: August 02, 2014, 08:55:34 PM »
Meh.  I'm confident the chances of it getting here from this situation are minuscule.  If it arrives, it'll come from some travelers who don't know they're sick returning from that part of Africa.  Or aid workers not getting quarantined. 

I agree with you, but I'd still rather not knowingly import a bug that we haven't yet figured out how to deal with.

MillCreek

• Skippy The Wonder Dog
  • friend
  • APS Risk Manager
« Reply #11 on: August 02, 2014, 10:10:54 PM »

It makes a laughingstock of the whole enterprise; undermines it.

I think we can all agree that some people and their beliefs richly deserve being made a laughingstock.

Quote from: Angel Eyes on August 09, 2018, 01:56:15 AM
You are one lousy risk manager.

Perd Hapley

• friend
« Reply #12 on: August 03, 2014, 01:30:08 AM »
I think we can all agree that some people and their beliefs richly deserve being made a laughingstock.

Um, I was talking about the idea of human rights. When you make up rights out of nowhere, especially farfetched ones, people are just going to lose respect for the idea of rights, in general. Same as too many silly laws erodes respect for the law.
« Last Edit: August 03, 2014, 09:06:43 AM by fistful »

Brad Johnson

• friend
  • Witty, charming, handsome, and completely insane.
« Reply #13 on: August 03, 2014, 01:55:49 AM »
I agree with you, but I'd still rather not knowingly import a bug that we haven't yet figured out how to deal with.

Good thing is, we do. Dedicated isolation units, strict protocols, and ample applications of Lysol, bleach, and fire.

Brad
It's all about the pancakes, people.
"And he thought cops wouldn't chase... a STOLEN DONUT TRUCK???? That would be like Willie Nelson ignoring a pickup full of weed."
-HankB

lupinus

• Southern Mod Trimutive Emeritus
  • friends
« Reply #14 on: August 03, 2014, 09:09:40 AM »
Good thing is, we do. Dedicated isolation units, strict protocols, and ample applications of Lysol, bleach, and fire.

Brad
Sounds kind of harsh, can't you just give the poor guy some transfusions and antibiotics?
That is all. *expletive deleted*ck you all, eat *expletive deleted*it, and die in a fire. I have considered writing here a long parting section dedicated to each poster, but I have decided, at length, against it. *expletive deleted*ck you all and Hail Satan.

Jamisjockey

• Booze-fueled paragon of pointless cruelty and wanton sadism
  • friend
  • Your mom sends me care packages
« Reply #15 on: August 03, 2014, 09:21:32 AM »

I'm pretty sure they have dealing with it figured out.  Much of the transference of it is because African hospitals and clinics are sub-3rd world mostly.
If (when) it comes over on it's own, that's the threat. 
JD

The price of a lottery ticket seems to be the maximum most folks are willing to risk toward the dream of becoming a one-percenter. “Robert Hollis”

Ron

• friends
  • Like a tree planted by the rivers of water
    • What I believe ...
« Reply #16 on: August 03, 2014, 09:55:53 AM »
This may be a practice run on treating and containing it under ideal first world conditions.

Hope they have all their ducks in a row regarding containment. All the stories about this being a possible airborne mutation make it sound especially risky.
For the invisible things of him since the creation of the world are clearly seen, being perceived through the things that are made, even his everlasting power and divinity, that they may be without excuse. Because knowing God, they didn’t glorify him as God, and didn’t give thanks, but became vain in their reasoning, and their senseless heart was darkened. Professing themselves to be wise, they became fools.

lupinus

• Southern Mod Trimutive Emeritus
  • friends
« Reply #17 on: August 03, 2014, 12:41:46 PM »
This may be a practice run on treating and containing it under ideal first world conditions.

Hope they have all their ducks in a row regarding containment. All the stories about this being a possible airborne mutation make it sound especially risky.
I don't think the infection rates lend themselves to it being a truly airborne mutation. I'd say that perhaps there is some mutation, given it's behaving a little differently this go around. Maybe it survives a little easier outside the body or something, but not truly airborne.

Still enough I say leave that *expletive deleted*it in Africa. I'll take an ocean for containment over a plastic bubble and some protocols. Protocol yesterday was putting him in a standard containment suit, and a low level one from the looks of it. I don't have much faith in that level of containment.
That is all. *expletive deleted*ck you all, eat *expletive deleted*it, and die in a fire. I have considered writing here a long parting section dedicated to each poster, but I have decided, at length, against it. *expletive deleted*ck you all and Hail Satan.

White Horseradish

• friend
« Reply #18 on: August 03, 2014, 01:07:15 PM »
I guess you don't care about feeding your own family, because you spent some of it on something else?
If my family went hungry as I spent money on blackjack and hookers, while claiming to care about the family, that would be a fair assessment.

Robert A Heinlein

Perd Hapley

• friend
« Reply #19 on: August 03, 2014, 04:12:27 PM »
If my family went hungry as I spent money on blackjack and hookers, while claiming to care about the family, that would be a fair assessment.

Meaning?

Hawkmoon

• friend
« Reply #20 on: August 03, 2014, 10:34:36 PM »

And since the United States has never before seen Ebola, we have no idea whether or not the precautions will be effective. If not, we will have not only opened Pandora's box, we will have transported it to here before opening it.

Pretty dumb, actually.
- - - - - - - - - - - - -
100% Politically Incorrect by Design

RoadKingLarry

• friends
« Reply #21 on: August 04, 2014, 05:48:36 AM »
I have ever every confidence that the folks at the CDC are the best and brightest that our government can afford to buy.
It's not like they're still covering up cleaning up after a big problem with anthrax containment...
If ye love wealth better than liberty, the tranquility of servitude better than the animating contest of freedom, go home from us in peace. We ask not your counsels or your arms. Crouch down and lick the hands which feed you. May your chains set lightly upon you, and may posterity forget that you were our countrymen.

Samuel Adams

dogmush

• friend
« Reply #22 on: August 04, 2014, 06:32:31 AM »
The thing is.....There's no real treatment for ebola. It's IV fluids, pain meds and cross your fingers.  Which can be done as well in Africa as in Atlanta. 

So obviously (to me) the CDC was more interested in getting the virus then the doctor.  I'm trying REAL hard to come up with a non tinfoil hat reason the US gov would want a live sample of a 50ish% lethal Ebola strain.

RocketMan

• Mad Rocket Scientist
  • friend
  • Semper Fidelis
« Reply #23 on: August 04, 2014, 09:16:06 AM »
The thing is.....There's no real treatment for ebola. It's IV fluids, pain meds and cross your fingers.  Which can be done as well in Africa as in Atlanta. 

So obviously (to me) the CDC was more interested in getting the virus then the doctor.  I'm trying REAL hard to come up with a non tinfoil hat reason the US gov would want a live sample of a 50ish% lethal Ebola strain.

No reason to dig out the tinfoil hat.  There is no real need to bring an Ebola victim here to obtain a live sample of the virus.  That could be done easily enough in Africa, and at a much lower level of risk.
I think the Americans with Ebola are just being brought home for treatment.  It provides the best chance for their survival, given the level of care and resources available here.
If there really was intelligent life on other planets, we'd be sending them foreign aid.

Conservatives see George Orwell's "1984" as a cautionary tale.  Progressives view it as a "how to" manual.

My wife often says to me, "You are evil and must be destroyed." She may be right.

Liberals believe one should never let reason, logic and facts get in the way of a good emotional argument.

Dannyboy

• friend
« Reply #24 on: August 04, 2014, 09:47:27 AM »
This isn't he first time we've had Ebola in the US. First time in an infected human, I guess, but not the first time the disease has been in the country. In fact, I think it was here that I learned about the Reston Monkey House. Granted that version was supposedly non-communicable to humans, it's still Ebola.

That said, deliberately importing a virus with a 60-90% mortality rate, is just dumb.
Oh, Lord, please let me be as sanctimonious and self-righteous as those around me, so that I may fit in.