Author Topic: Evangelicals are not happy with the GOP  (Read 7438 times)

Headless Thompson Gunner

• friend
Re: Evangelicals are not happy with the GOP
« Reply #50 on: August 20, 2014, 12:18:22 AM »
Now if you are talking about individuals getting into the "there ought to be a law" mind set, I would agree that there is a healthy percentage of those people.  I just don't know if it is a majority.  However, if you equate that with wanting a theocracy, I think you are stretching things a whole lot.

Indeed.  That whole "there ought to be a law" thing ain't an Evangelical thing, it's a human thing.  Just about everyone wants to make laws, or change laws, determine who pays how much and for what...  Even the people who say they don't, if you look closely enough you'll find examples from them, too.

Tallpine

• friends
  • Grumpy Old Grandpa
Re: Evangelicals are not happy with the GOP
« Reply #51 on: August 20, 2014, 10:22:32 AM »
Indeed.  That whole "there ought to be a law" thing ain't an Evangelical thing, it's a human thing.  Just about everyone wants to make laws, or change laws, determine who pays how much and for what...  Even the people who say they don't, if you look closely enough you'll find examples from them, too.

Only difference is which other folks' fun they want to ban  ;/
Freedom is a heavy load, a great and strange burden for the spirit to undertake. It is not easy. It is not a gift given, but a choice made, and the choice may be a hard one. The road goes upward toward the light; but the laden traveller may never reach the end of it.  - Ursula Le Guin