Author Topic: Ferguson getting hot again , 2 cops shot.  (Read 6566 times)

RoadKingLarry

• friends
Ferguson getting hot again , 2 cops shot.
« on: March 12, 2015, 06:18:57 AM »
Getting ugly in Ferguson again,   2 cops shot outside the police station

http://www.foxnews.com/us/2015/03/12/2-police-officers-reported-shot-outside-ferguson-police-department/

Keep your head down Fistful.
If ye love wealth better than liberty, the tranquility of servitude better than the animating contest of freedom, go home from us in peace. We ask not your counsels or your arms. Crouch down and lick the hands which feed you. May your chains set lightly upon you, and may posterity forget that you were our countrymen.

Samuel Adams

Perd Hapley

• Superstar of the Internet
  • friend
  • My prepositions are on/in
Re: Ferguson getting hot again , 2 cops shot.
« Reply #1 on: March 12, 2015, 07:42:37 AM »
A guy that works in the area said just a few days ago that things were getting worse there. Now this comes after the DOJ ripped them, and just a matter of hours after the police chief announced his resignation. Gee, that really calmed tensions, didn't it?

I knew it would be a bad idea to encourage the mob to believe that its previous violence was getting them what they wanted. They obviously smelled the blood in the water last night.

"Doggies are angel babies!" -- my wife

makattak

• Dark Lord of the Cis
  • friend
« Reply #2 on: March 12, 2015, 08:10:37 AM »
Blood on Eric Holder's (and, by extension, President Obama's) hands.

They want racial tension. And now they have created strife.
I wish the Ring had never come to me. I wish none of this had happened.

So do all who live to see such times. But that is not for them to decide. All we have to decide is what to do with the time that is given to us. There are other forces at work in this world, Frodo, besides the will of evil. Bilbo was meant to find the Ring. In which case, you also were meant to have it. And that is an encouraging thought

vaskidmark

• National Anthem Snob
  • friends
  • WTF?
« Reply #3 on: March 12, 2015, 08:28:10 AM »
Blood on Eric Holder's (and, by extension, President Obama's) hands.

They want racial tension. And now they have created strife.

Stop blaming the fan for fanning the flames that were already there.

stay safe.
If cowardly and dishonorable men sometimes shoot unarmed men with army pistols or guns, the evil must be prevented by the penitentiary and gallows, and not by a general deprivation of a constitutional privilege.

Hey you kids!! Get off my lawn!!!

They keep making this eternal vigilance thing harder and harder.  Protecting the 2nd amendment is like playing PACMAN - there's no pause button so you can go to the bathroom.

makattak

• Dark Lord of the Cis
  • friend
« Reply #4 on: March 12, 2015, 08:37:20 AM »
Stop blaming the fan for fanning the flames that were already there.

stay safe.

That would be fine if their allies hadn't been stoking these flames for the past 30+ years. They may only be the latest in a long line of racial hucksters, but that does not absolve them of the guilt of this crime.

So do all who live to see such times. But that is not for them to decide. All we have to decide is what to do with the time that is given to us. There are other forces at work in this world, Frodo, besides the will of evil. Bilbo was meant to find the Ring. In which case, you also were meant to have it. And that is an encouraging thought

Headless Thompson Gunner

• friend
« Reply #5 on: March 12, 2015, 10:18:54 AM »
Holder just couldn't leave well enough alone.  He had to justify the riots, stoke more racial strife, by inventing racism charges against the Ferguson PD.  And now two innocent men are dead because of it.

I agree with Mak.  Holder has blood on his hands.

makattak

• Dark Lord of the Cis
  • friend
« Reply #6 on: March 12, 2015, 10:35:07 AM »
Holder just couldn't leave well enough alone.  He had to justify the riots, stoke more racial strife, by inventing racism charges against the Ferguson PD.  And now two innocent men are dead because of it.

I agree with Mak.  Holder has blood on his hands.

For clarity, the officers are not dead, just gravely wounded. One was shot in that face and the other the shoulder.

Doesn't change who bears responsibility for encouraging this, though.

Headless Thompson Gunner

• friend
« Reply #7 on: March 12, 2015, 10:42:34 AM »
My mistake.  When I heard about it on the radio I thought they said the officers were shot and killed.  That's encouraging, I hope they recover.  

Nobody deserves to die because some scumbag politician was trying to score points.

cassandra and sara's daddy

• friends
Ferguson getting hot again , 2 cops shot.
« Reply #8 on: March 12, 2015, 11:08:59 AM »
Cops should take a vacation. All of em
Lucky they didn't return fire

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk
It is much more powerful to seek Truth for one's self.  Seeing and hearing that others seem to have found it can be a motivation.  With me, I was drawn because of much error and bad judgment on my part. Confronting one's own errors and bad judgment is a very life altering situation.  Confronting the errors and bad judgment of others is usually hypocrisy.

by someone older and wiser than I

MechAg94

• friend
« Reply #9 on: March 12, 2015, 11:41:57 AM »
The city govt takes much of the blame I think because they have not prosecuted people for misbehaving and telegraphed that they were not planning to prosecute anyone.  Give someone a free yard and don't be surprised if they try to take a mile.
“It is much more important to kill bad bills than to pass good ones.”  ― Calvin Coolidge

Ben

• Administrator
  • I'm an Extremist!
« Reply #10 on: March 12, 2015, 11:59:28 AM »
I don't necessarily trust news sources on either side of this issue to know who to believe regarding the behavior of this police department. Even so, whether they are good cops or bad cops, it is clear to me that Holder drew a target on all of them, all for an agenda.
"I'm a foolish old man that has been drawn into a wild goose chase by a harpy in trousers and a nincompoop."

brimic

• friends
« Reply #11 on: March 12, 2015, 12:11:39 PM »
Cops should take a vacation. All of em
Lucky they didn't return fire

It sounds like they were shot from quite a distance- I'm surprise the word 'sniper' hasn't been bandied around by the media yet. It also sounds like the cops were protecting the good people from the thug protesters, having them take a vacation is a no-go. Other than that, I agree with your sentiment 100%.
"now you see that evil will always triumph, because good is dumb" -Dark Helmet

"AK47's belong in the hands of soldiers mexican drug cartels"-
Barack Obama

cassandra and sara's daddy

• friends
« Reply #12 on: March 12, 2015, 12:14:47 PM »
The good people might need to stand up and bark. Get rid of the thugs themselves

It is much more powerful to seek Truth for one's self.  Seeing and hearing that others seem to have found it can be a motivation.  With me, I was drawn because of much error and bad judgment on my part. Confronting one's own errors and bad judgment is a very life altering situation.  Confronting the errors and bad judgment of others is usually hypocrisy.

by someone older and wiser than I

wmenorr67

• friend
« Reply #13 on: March 12, 2015, 01:07:49 PM »
The good people might need to stand up and bark. Get rid of the thugs themselves

I think they have tried but the problem is they get out numbered and out barked.
There are five things, above all else, that make life worth living: a good relationship with God, a good woman, good health, good friends, and a good cigar.

Only two defining forces have ever offered to die for you, Jesus Christ and the American Soldier.  One died for your soul, the other for your freedom.

Bacon is the candy bar of meats!

Only the dead have seen the end of war!

roo_ster

• Kakistocracy--It's What's For Dinner.
  • friend
  • Hoist the black flag, and begin slitting throats
« Reply #14 on: March 12, 2015, 01:22:19 PM »
I don't necessarily trust news sources on either side of this issue to know who to believe regarding the behavior of this police department. Even so, whether they are good cops or bad cops, it is clear to me that Holder drew a target on all of them, all for an agenda.

Ferguson PD's treatement of its black population is bog-standard.  Neither especially targeted nor coddled.

http://www.unz.com/isteve/blackwhite-arrest-ratios-ferguson-is-averageville-usa/

Steve Sailer has a series of posts examining the data behind black/white arrest rates across the country, to include honing in on cities.

For instance, the disparity of black/white arrest rates in leftist utopia Madison, WI is over 3x that found in Ferguson. 

http://www.unz.com/isteve/everywhere-is-guilty-the-justice-dept-jihad-against-ferguson-in-statistical-perspective/

http://www.unz.com/isteve/arrest-rates-ferguson-v-peoples-republic-of-santa-monica-ca/

http://www.unz.com/isteve/the-atlantic-madison-wisconsin-is-not-ferguson-missouri/

There are more if you are interested.

Matter of fact, libertopias tend to have MUCH greater B/W arrest ratio disparity.  To see why:
http://www.lagriffedulion.f2s.com/prison.htm

Again, the test of life has a math component.
Regards,

roo_ster

“Fallacies do not cease to be fallacies because they become fashions.”
----G.K. Chesterton

Devonai

• friend
  • Panic Mode Activated
    • Kyrie Devonai Publishing
« Reply #15 on: March 12, 2015, 01:27:49 PM »
I just heard some self-professed expert on CNN talking about the fact that the cops supposedly think the shooter used a pistol because of cartridge cases found at the scene, and how he must be an expert shot to hit the cops at 125 yards. Apparently this guy has never heard of pistol caliber carbines.
My writing blog: Kyrie Devonai Publishing

When in danger, when in doubt, run in circles, scream and shout!

Perd Hapley

• friend
« Reply #16 on: March 12, 2015, 01:33:17 PM »

The Dept. of Social Justice's book-cooking has been fisked, and found wanting.
http://www.armedpolitesociety.com/index.php?topic=47462.msg967978#msg967978

MechAg94

• friend
« Reply #17 on: March 12, 2015, 02:00:23 PM »
I just heard some self-professed expert on CNN talking about the fact that the cops supposedly think the shooter used a pistol because of cartridge cases found at the scene, and how he must be an expert shot to hit the cops at 125 yards. Apparently this guy has never heard of pistol caliber carbines.
Also, might have just been shooting at the group and happened to make two hits.  I never heard how many shots were taken.
“It is much more important to kill bad bills than to pass good ones.”  ― Calvin Coolidge

230RN

• saw it coming.
  • friend
  • ...shall not be allowed.
« Reply #18 on: March 12, 2015, 02:17:36 PM »
I just hope it wasn't M855s from a pistol: here we go again.
WHATEVER YOUR DEFINITION OF "INFRINGE " IS, YOU SHOULDN'T BE DOING IT.

Ben

• Administrator
  • I'm an Extremist!
« Reply #19 on: March 12, 2015, 02:33:52 PM »
Thanks for the links roo_ster and fistful. Interesting data to compare and contrast to the talk of the MSM talking heads. It makes Holder's statements that much more weighted to an overall agenda.
"I'm a foolish old man that has been drawn into a wild goose chase by a harpy in trousers and a nincompoop."

Perd Hapley

• friend
« Reply #20 on: March 12, 2015, 06:08:06 PM »
Also, might have just been shooting at the group and happened to make two hits.  I never heard how many shots were taken.

From the Post-Dispatch's reporting, they heard four shots being fired. I haven't yet heard how many casings they found.

dm1333

• friend
« Reply #21 on: March 12, 2015, 07:48:25 PM »
For clarity, the officers are not dead, just gravely wounded. One was shot in that face and the other the shoulder.

Doesn't change who bears responsibility for encouraging this, though.

To be fair, two innocent men were killed and their blood should be on Holder.  Remember the two cops gunned down in NYC?  And why they were gunned down?

Battle Monkey of Zardoz

• friends
  • A more Elegant Monkey for a more civilized Forum.
« Reply #22 on: March 12, 2015, 08:04:50 PM »
So...all that is happened is Holder's fault?  While I am sure he (Holder) is guilty of flaming much of this, it is not all on him.

I believe some of the anger there and nation wide has to do with *expletive deleted*it like this:
http://www.theblaze.com/stories/2015/03/12/officer-pulls-elderly-couple-over-for-window-tint-then-things-suddenly-take-a-dramatic-turn/

« Last Edit: March 12, 2015, 10:01:40 PM by Battle Monkey of Zardoz »
“We the people are the rightful masters of both Congress and the courts, not to overthrow the Constitution but to overthrow the men who pervert the Constitution.”

Abraham Lincoln

With the first link the chain is forged. The first speech censored, the first thought forbidden, the first freedom denied, chains us all irrevocably.

wmenorr67

• friend
« Reply #23 on: March 13, 2015, 06:52:04 AM »
Tharp, however, said the experience has left a bitter taste in his mouth.

“I tell you what, I respect the law less today than I did before,” he said.

69 year old man saying this, should say a lot.
There are five things, above all else, that make life worth living: a good relationship with God, a good woman, good health, good friends, and a good cigar.

Only two defining forces have ever offered to die for you, Jesus Christ and the American Soldier.  One died for your soul, the other for your freedom.

Bacon is the candy bar of meats!

Only the dead have seen the end of war!

Perd Hapley

• friend
« Reply #24 on: March 13, 2015, 07:51:34 AM »
So...all that is happened is Holder's fault?  While I am sure he (Holder) is guilty of flaming much of this, it is not all on him.

I believe some of the anger there and nation wide has to do with *expletive deleted*it like this:
http://www.theblaze.com/stories/2015/03/12/officer-pulls-elderly-couple-over-for-window-tint-then-things-suddenly-take-a-dramatic-turn/

"Alright; it's a fair cop, but society's to blame."

I don't think anyone's saying that Holder was on that grassy knoll in Ferguson, pulling the trigger, just like no one's saying that Holder torched the Quiktrip, or made Ferguson PD screw up on their initial handling of the case. Still, he and his office did what they did, and should share the blame.

I don't know that Holder is the one most responsible for pressuring Jackson to resign, but whoever did is also responsible, to my mind. I find it more than a coincidence that police were attacked directly after their leader stepped down.