Author Topic: Dumbest crooks  (Read 1565 times)

Hawkmoon

• friend
Dumbest crooks
« on: August 22, 2018, 11:18:09 AM »
https://www.nhregister.com/policereports/article/Cops-Worker-stole-23-000-in-returned-12793484.php

Cliff's Notes version: 19-year old clerk in a pharmacy was arrested for having stolen almost $23,000 over a period of approximately 6 months. Did did it by taking items off the shelves and then scanning them in as returns on his bank card.

Assuming his schedule was on five days and off two, that's almost $200 per day, every working day, for a period of half a year. Did he really think nobody was going to notice that?
- - - - - - - - - - - - -
100% Politically Incorrect by Design

K Frame

• friend
  • I Am Inimical
Re: Dumbest crooks
« Reply #1 on: August 22, 2018, 11:55:45 AM »
His defense should be that he was following the direction of Bernie and Ocasio and redistributing the wealth.
Carbon Monoxide, sucking the life out of idiots, 'tards, and fools since man tamed fire.

Fly320s

• friend
  • Formerly, Arthur, King of the Britons
« Reply #2 on: August 22, 2018, 02:20:36 PM »
Why did it take so long for the store to notice?
Islamic sex dolls.  Do they blow themselves up?

griz

• friend
« Reply #3 on: August 22, 2018, 02:30:43 PM »
Worst one I've heard of is a guy who robbed a store nearby, where everybody knew him.  He had a mask but made no other attempt at disguise.  The cashier said something like "Willie, why are you doing this?" and he replied "it's not me".
Sent from a stone age computer via an ordinary keyboard.

BobR

• Just a pup compared to a few old dogs here!
  • friend
« Reply #4 on: August 22, 2018, 03:15:53 PM »
Worst one I've heard of is a guy who robbed a store nearby, where everybody knew him.  He had a mask but made no other attempt at disguise.  The cashier said something like "Willie, why are you doing this?" and he replied "it's not me".

We had a former Credit Union employee try to rob the CU where he was employed, he won't be robbing any more banks. He at least tried to disguise himself with a full face motorcycle helmet.

http://www.khq.com/story/38864369/cda-police-suspect-dead-after-exchanging-shots-following-bank-robbery-attempt

bob

grampster

• friend
« Reply #5 on: August 22, 2018, 03:38:28 PM »
Then there was the bank robber who wrote his robbery note on the deposit ticket from his checking account.  Another one was told by the teller he needed to show some ID and gave her his driver's license. :facepalm: :facepalm:
"Never wrestle with a pig.  You get dirty, and besides, the pig likes it."  G.B. Shaw

Strings

• APS Pimp
  • friend
« Reply #6 on: August 22, 2018, 09:25:40 PM »
Read somewhere about a bank robber who wrote a his note on another bank's deposit slip. The teller (quick on their feet) told him they couldn't accept it, as it wasn't one of theirs. Dude left, to go to the bank the deposit slip was for: teller called ahead, and the police were waiting...

Also recall a story of a guy in a major city, walking into a bank at noon on friday. Announced "This is a stick up!" and heard clicks all over the lobby: he was in a bank across the street from an FBI office, at lunch, on government payday. Several FBI agents were there to cash their checks...
No Child Should Live In Fear

What was that about a pearl handled revolver and someone from New Orleans again?

Screw it: just autoclave the planet (thanks Birdman)

K Frame

• friend
  • I Am Inimical
« Reply #7 on: August 23, 2018, 07:48:11 AM »
Every time a friend of mine went into the bank with his mother as a kid he'd snake a random deposit slip out of the pile on the lobby desk, write "This is a hold up" on the back, and stick it back in the pile.

He's a dark, dark person.
Carbon Monoxide, sucking the life out of idiots, 'tards, and fools since man tamed fire.