Author Topic: Some More B&W Photography  (Read 495 times)

RoadKingLarry

• friends
Some More B&W Photography
« on: August 23, 2018, 10:03:52 PM »
A group of sailing friends that get together and jam at the lake most weekends.
These are scans of 8X10 darkroom prints.
Shot with a Mamiya RB67-Pro on Ilford Delta 3200.

Guitar man by lmmiers, on Flickr

Doyle by lmmiers, on Flickr

Wild man by lmmiers, on Flickr
If ye love wealth better than liberty, the tranquility of servitude better than the animating contest of freedom, go home from us in peace. We ask not your counsels or your arms. Crouch down and lick the hands which feed you. May your chains set lightly upon you, and may posterity forget that you were our countrymen.

Samuel Adams

Brad Johnson

• friend
  • Witty, charming, handsome, and completely insane.
Re: Some More B&W Photography
« Reply #1 on: August 24, 2018, 10:57:31 AM »
Nice!

Really like the one of Doyle. Super job all around.

I'd be tempted to crop Guitar Man, essentially chop off the left 20% of the pic. My eye keeps wandering to the shadow. The crop would have an added bonus offsetting the subject to a left-third orientation and make for a really nice compositional element.

Brad
« Last Edit: August 25, 2018, 04:07:37 PM by Brad Johnson »
It's all about the pancakes, people.
"And he thought cops wouldn't chase... a STOLEN DONUT TRUCK???? That would be like Willie Nelson ignoring a pickup full of weed."
-HankB

RoadKingLarry

• friends
Re: Some More B&W Photography
« Reply #2 on: August 25, 2018, 09:38:46 AM »
Yeah, Guitar Man is a little difficult to frame. The stuff I cropped off the right side is even more distracting than the shadows on the left. I may get that one back under the enlarger and do some more work on it.
The area on the dock they set up is pretty tight. They've got shade sails low and close behind them and tables and poles for the rest of the hard roof up close.
If ye love wealth better than liberty, the tranquility of servitude better than the animating contest of freedom, go home from us in peace. We ask not your counsels or your arms. Crouch down and lick the hands which feed you. May your chains set lightly upon you, and may posterity forget that you were our countrymen.

Samuel Adams