Author Topic: Obama's proposed budget cuts  (Read 1682 times)

makattak

• Dark Lord of the Cis
  • friend
Obama's proposed budget cuts
« on: February 10, 2011, 10:40:20 AM »

http://www.theblaze.com/stories/shock-graphics-show-severity-of-proposed-obama-budget-cuts/

No, it's not a joke. That's the graph of Obama's proposed budget cuts this year. Draconian, aren't they?
I wish the Ring had never come to me. I wish none of this had happened.

So do all who live to see such times. But that is not for them to decide. All we have to decide is what to do with the time that is given to us. There are other forces at work in this world, Frodo, besides the will of evil. Bilbo was meant to find the Ring. In which case, you also were meant to have it. And that is an encouraging thought

TommyGunn

• friend
  • Stuck in full auto since birth.
Re: Obama's proposed budget cuts
« Reply #1 on: February 10, 2011, 11:45:27 AM »
For those who cannot see the "green" do check out the article; it IS there it's so tiny it has to be magnified to be seen.
It's way beyond the "joke" level.  Obama is truly bamboozaling the populace at large. :mad:
MOLON LABE   "Through ignorance of what is good and what is bad, the life of men is greatly perplexed." ~~ Cicero

cosine

• Administrator
« Reply #2 on: February 10, 2011, 01:42:17 PM »
Budget: $3.8 trillion.
Cuts: $775 million.

Million, billion, trillion... I'm convinced that to a lot of people all the "x"llions are the same. They don't grasp the enormity of the difference of 6 orders of magnitude between the two numbers. Now whether Obama does or not... I don't know.
Andy

Waitone

• friend
« Reply #3 on: February 10, 2011, 06:36:52 PM »
Obama is truly bamboozaling the populace at large.
No he ain't.
"Men, it has been well said, think in herds. It will be seen that they go mad in herds, while they only recover their senses slowly, and one by one."
- Charles Mackay, Scottish journalist, circa 1841

"Our society is run by insane people for insane objectives. I think we're being run by maniacs for maniacal ends and I think I'm liable to be put away as insane for expressing that. That's what's insane about it." - John Lennon

TommyGunn

• friend
  • Stuck in full auto since birth.
« Reply #4 on: February 10, 2011, 07:47:23 PM »
Yes he IS. :police:
MOLON LABE   "Through ignorance of what is good and what is bad, the life of men is greatly perplexed." ~~ Cicero

tyme

• expat
  • friend
  • Did you know that dolphins are just gay sharks?
    • TFL Library
« Reply #5 on: February 11, 2011, 08:03:02 AM »
Hope: hope for a miracle.
Change: Increase our deficits.

I'd say we got what the people voted for.
Support Range Voting.
End Software Patents

"Four people are dead.  There isn't time to talk to the police."  --Sherlock (BBC)

longeyes

• friend
« Reply #6 on: February 11, 2011, 10:59:32 AM »
"We" didn't, the Other America did.

Every day it becomes more obvious that America is now two nations and that they are irreconcilable.  The sooner a quorum acknowledges this and acts accordingly the better chance we'll have of preserving some semblance of the Framers' vision.
"Domari nolo."

Thug: What you lookin' at old man?
Walt Kowalski: Ever notice how you come across somebody once in a while you shouldn't have messed with? That's me.

Molon Labe.