Author Topic: Myspace?  (Read 7169 times)

charby

• Necromancer
  • Administrator
  • APS's Resident Sikh/Muslim
Myspace?
« Reply #25 on: February 13, 2006, 09:16:53 AM »
Garrettwc

its a band from Des Moines, Iowa, you can listen to part of four of their songs at http://www.myspace.com/gimmickband

Their main website is www.gimmickband.com, they just released an album last fall. I booked then last summer for a summer friday night fest we put on and I booked them again for this summer. It is interesting since I took over bands last year how many bands are getting a hold of me and how many different bands I have met.

Charby
Iowa- 88% more livable that the rest of the US

Uranus is a gas giant.

Team 444: Member# 536

garrettwc

• friend
  • Tell me what I want to know and the pain will stop
Myspace?
« Reply #26 on: February 13, 2006, 07:50:33 PM »
Thanks for the link.

It is interesting since I took over bands last year how many bands are getting a hold of me and how many different bands I have met.
Yeah, bands survive by word of mouth. When word gets out that a straight up guy is booking for paying gigs he gets real popular.

Myspace?
« Reply #27 on: February 14, 2006, 02:51:40 PM »
Still not one inappropriate proposal from a Lithuanian green-card seeker. Damn.

Smiley

I think I was a bit over the top with the middle-aged dykish thing..my point was that I was careful about the picture..the one I chose would probably not attract your average pedophile or standard grade pervert. Hopefully, anyway. And it seems to be working.

I've seen some other profiles and I'm surprised by the things people will say or the photos they put up. I'm open about who I am and about most of the details of my life, here and elsewhere, but sheesh..to whom would would it seem like a good idea to post photos of yourself smoking a bong and wearing a Party Naked tshirt?

Felonious Monk/Fignozzle

Myspace?
« Reply #28 on: February 14, 2006, 03:22:01 PM »
Quote from: Barbara
Still not one inappropriate proposal from a Lithuanian green-card seeker. Damn.

Smiley
 but sheesh..to whom would would it seem like a good idea to post photos of yourself smoking a bong and wearing a Party Naked tshirt?
I'm really glad.  Maybe my cynicism is more extreme than necessary.  I confess to a bit of "big brother" protectionism for you on my part.  Sorry.

Please tell me there aren't darwin candidates out there that actually posted pics of themselves hitting the Tokemaster... OMG.  The decline of Western Civilization is in full swing. rolleyes

Azrael256

• friend
Myspace?
« Reply #29 on: February 14, 2006, 06:05:25 PM »
Please tell me there aren't darwin candidates out there that actually posted pics of themselves hitting the Tokemaster
I'll make you a Facebook.com account if you'd like.  You wouldn't believe what people will post of themselves.

Strings

Myspace?
« Reply #30 on: February 14, 2006, 06:15:32 PM »
>I'll make you a Facebook.com account if you'd like.  You wouldn't believe what people will post of themselves.<

Unfortunately yes, I WOULD believe it...

One of the mailing lists I'm on has a young man that was CONSTANTLY complaining about how he was lookin' for a girlfriend. One of the women wasn't happy with her husband, made it abundantly clear on the list that she wanted "something on the side", and invited Hormone boy over. He was shocked when she tried seducing him. After that, and some of the things I've seen on thescambaiter.com, NOTHING can supprise me about the 'net

Myspace?
« Reply #31 on: February 14, 2006, 08:00:24 PM »
I did not attend HS graduation. I had better things to do than participate with 500+ Seniors doing this paperdrill.

I am not in the yearbook either. I cannot deny or confirm I had anything to do with some "memories" captured in Photo or text in the yearbook or local newspaper.

My name is...all my life I have been told not only do I not spell it correctly - I pronounce  it wrong too.

I have been "contacted" by graduating classes from all over, from various decades. I have never been to Europe, and I have no idea / had no idea I was ever on a rowing team.  I was obviously pretty good...Smiley

I did for awhile and sometimes still see someone from my graduating class. You know that old saw about the football stud and most popular cheerleader?   Gee whiz!  StudJockey got a beer gut , very little hair and what is , is gray. Darling in a mini-skirt, tight jeans, and uniform with pom-poms...must use the pom-poms to apply make-up and I did not know Omar the tent-maker had a line of jeans out...

I can't associate with folks like that... being former Caption of the Rowing Team and all...

Hey, we never "tumped" over while I was Captain...Bwhahahaha!  Tongue

SalukiFan

• friend
Myspace?
« Reply #32 on: February 15, 2006, 06:45:48 AM »
Quote from: Azrael256
Please tell me there aren't darwin candidates out there that actually posted pics of themselves hitting the Tokemaster
I'll make you a Facebook.com account if you'd like.  You wouldn't believe what people will post of themselves.
Yeah, no kidding.  When I was at work at the police department last week a couple of police officers came in with a bunch of print-outs from Facebook for a case file.  Remember kids, don't worry about the fact that almost anyone can access your profile - write whatever you want, it'll never come back to bite you!

SF

Azrael256

• friend
Myspace?
« Reply #33 on: February 15, 2006, 10:03:14 AM »
write whatever you want, it'll never come back to bite you
Forget writing, think pictures.  The "popular" thing to do was for the girls to photograph themselves with a beer bottle... uh...  in their mouth in a certain manner...  you can guess where I'm going with that.  It's really kinda convenient for me.  I can quickly make a list of people I wouldn't give the time of day to if I met them in person.  But y'know, both the predatory types, and mom 'n dad can see the picture.  It might not be the wisest thing they've ever done.

atek3

• friend
    • http://www.geocities.com/atek128/Welcome.html
Myspace?
« Reply #34 on: March 05, 2006, 07:22:17 PM »

XLMiguel

Myspace?
« Reply #35 on: March 07, 2006, 05:49:24 PM »
Barbara, based on your profile and taste in music, we'd probably get along real well, but my wife won't let me have any more love slaves.  Then again I'm almost old enough to be your daddy, so maybe we could adopt and do incest (thoroughly toungue-in-cheek, neener-neener).  

All in good time, the nicest things happen when you don't expect it.

Strings

Myspace?
« Reply #36 on: March 07, 2006, 06:34:57 PM »
Mikie, you're a sick man. I LIKE that in a person! Wink

XLMiguel

Myspace?
« Reply #37 on: March 08, 2006, 06:48:43 AM »
Twisted thoughts from warped minds, a specialty!  and remember, "evil" spelled backwards is L-I-V-E!

Myspace?
« Reply #38 on: March 09, 2006, 04:47:43 PM »
Heh..that was funny as hell, honestly. If I ever change my mind and decide I'm looking for an older married man who will let me be his love slave, you will be the first to know. Smiley

Atek, for some reason, I thought you were a radical anarchist liberal type person.

I haven't had any problem with perverts. I had one yahoo from Ohio who wrote me an obnoxious email telling me he was looking for a nice girl. I was like, dude, obviously, you have me confused with someone else, if you think I care who you're looking for. His profile annoyed the crap out of me all by itself, so I told him thanks for writing but go ahead and never do it again. Then he wrote me a snotty message telling me how much of a bitch I was for not, I guess, having the common decency to be flattered by having creepy strangers pay attention to me.

Myspace?
« Reply #39 on: March 09, 2006, 04:49:27 PM »
It was probably the picture that did it. You can't tell, but I'm wearing a bikini in it.

Heh.

Myspace?
« Reply #40 on: March 09, 2006, 09:37:41 PM »
Cheesy

Barbara,

I just perused your ..."site", "blog"...whatever...

I am cracking up!  The Entries are great!

Had no idea you were quite the artist.

By golly you look GREAT in a bikini, and though I looked for your CCW, I did not find it.  Talk about "concealed means concealed..."

I did spot a wee bit of chocolate on the left corner of your mouth, oh no- don't change it, just gives the pic more personality is all.

Steve

280plus

• friend
  • Ever get that sinking feeling?
Myspace?
« Reply #41 on: March 10, 2006, 01:41:29 AM »
My God Barb, that IS a good new pic of you in the bikini! I see you've dropped a few pounds too. NICE!

LOL...
Avoid cliches like the plague!

Myspace?
« Reply #42 on: April 23, 2006, 06:08:58 AM »
I got an email from a Legislative Candidate the other day asking if I had a myspace page..hehehehe..I must be getting old.

Anyway, its been a couple of months and still no Lithuanians looking for green cards.

One loser from Bryan, Ohio that thought I was cute, but then decided I was a bitch for not being grateful enough that he thought so. Smiley

I finally changed my background after much harrassment over my boringness.

Oh, and I changed the picture again. This is a better likeness, although I'm not fond of blue eyeshadow.

grampster

• friend
Myspace?
« Reply #43 on: April 23, 2006, 12:39:04 PM »
Sigh....OK Barbara.  Slammin' Lugo's not once but multiple times.  I, my dear young lady,  am 100% Lutva on my mother's side.  A virgo as well.  Left handed and able to fire pistols with either hand, accurately.

So...you do have a Lithuanian admirer.  Old, cranky and married for 40 years, but an admirer nonetheless.  I think my youngest son is a year younger than you.  heh.
If he hadn't gotten married last year, I'd have fixed you up.  Tongue
"Never wrestle with a pig.  You get dirty, and besides, the pig likes it."  G.B. Shaw

Perd Hapley

• Superstar of the Internet
  • friend
  • My prepositions are on/in
Myspace?
« Reply #44 on: April 23, 2006, 01:57:48 PM »
I see no picture of you on your website.  What goes on?
"Doggies are angel babies!" -- my wife

Myspace?
« Reply #45 on: April 23, 2006, 05:31:04 PM »
Sorry about the Lithaunians..had I ever finished your genealogy, I'd have known that, right? Smiley

Fistful, I was talking about the South Park one..I think you have to register to see more. There are plenty of pics of me on the SAFR site and some on Oleg's site..for the myspace thing, I haven't been using actual pictures, to hopefully avoid the headaches involved with lonely Lithuan..err..Estonians!

Bogie

• friend
  • Hunkered in South St. Louis, right by Route 66
    • Third Rate Pundit
Myspace?
« Reply #46 on: April 24, 2006, 01:39:40 AM »
Darn - I missed that photo.

Maybe I oughta set one of these things up. Nyah. I've got you guys.
Blog under construction

Ron

Myspace?
« Reply #47 on: April 24, 2006, 02:42:45 PM »