Author Topic: Homegrown terrorists or just typical leftists?  (Read 1572 times)

brimic

• friends
Homegrown terrorists or just typical leftists?
« on: July 11, 2013, 06:43:40 PM »
In WI, they are one and the same.

http://www.maciverinstitute.com/2013/07/protesters-verbally-assault-northern-wisconsin-miners-warning-graphic-language/

Do watch the video- NSFW.

Background to this story: Gogebic Taconite owns a large piece of land near the WI/UP border and have been trying to open an iron mine. This site that was attacked by the freaks was likely a test drilling site. Since this incident the company has contracted with a security company to have armed guards patrol the property. This move to put armed guards on the site has been loudly criticized by.....democratic lawmakers.

The workers up there had some of the best restraint I have ever witnessed. I don't think I could have kept my inner mongol in check and prevented him from picking up the nearest digging tool and cleaving heads.

I wonder where the DHS is on this? Are they too busy keeping tabs on gun owning veteran christian bogeymen?
"now you see that evil will always triumph, because good is dumb" -Dark Helmet

"AK47's belong in the hands of soldiers mexican drug cartels"-
Barack Obama

cassandra and sara's daddy

• friends
Re: Homegrown terrorists or just typical leftists?
« Reply #1 on: July 11, 2013, 11:10:16 PM »
that crossed way over the line

be afraid i might be motivated to pay their camp a visit
It is much more powerful to seek Truth for one's self.  Seeing and hearing that others seem to have found it can be a motivation.  With me, I was drawn because of much error and bad judgment on my part. Confronting one's own errors and bad judgment is a very life altering situation.  Confronting the errors and bad judgment of others is usually hypocrisy.

by someone older and wiser than I

Ben

• Administrator
  • I'm an Extremist!
« Reply #2 on: July 11, 2013, 11:11:58 PM »
Wow.

I was hoping for some pepper spray deployment (or maybe someone holding up a bar of soap in front of them like a cross).
"I'm a foolish old man that has been drawn into a wild goose chase by a harpy in trousers and a nincompoop."

AJ Dual

• friends
  • Shoe Ballistics Inc.
« Reply #3 on: July 12, 2013, 12:21:28 AM »
I'm sure the workers were all briefed, and under orders to do absolutely nothing.

While I'm not clear in the timeline, it seems to me like this confrontation happened just in the gap while the "scary" AZ security Co. had to leave because of WI licensing issues, and while they waited to come back once the paperwork was done.

I promise not to duck.

Strings

• APS Pimp
  • friend
« Reply #4 on: July 12, 2013, 02:51:38 AM »
If they're actually IN Wisconsin, they don't NEED to hire armed security.

Hire a few CCW holders as general labor, and remove any mention of weapons from company policy.

Our carry law included civil immunity for any business that allows carry. Pretty sure that includes employees. And, given how the "environmentalists" were acting, I'd say a good case would be had for self defense...
No Child Should Live In Fear

What was that about a pearl handled revolver and someone from New Orleans again?

Screw it: just autoclave the planet (thanks Birdman)

charby

• Necromancer
  • Administrator
  • APS's Resident Sikh/Muslim
« Reply #5 on: July 12, 2013, 09:30:34 AM »
Only right wings nuts can be terrorists under the current DHS secretary.
Iowa- 88% more livable that the rest of the US

Uranus is a gas giant.

Team 444: Member# 536

Gewehr98

• friend
  • Yee-haa!
    • Neural Misfires (Blog)
« Reply #6 on: July 12, 2013, 01:18:03 PM »
As if Wisconsin never had iron mines before.

Hell, it's even on our state flag.
"Bother", said Pooh, as he chambered another round...

http://neuralmisfires.blogspot.com

"Never squat with your spurs on!"

brimic

• friends
« Reply #7 on: July 12, 2013, 02:05:43 PM »
As if Wisconsin never had iron mines before.

Hell, it's even on our state flag.

When in gradeskool, I learned that the miner on the WI flag was put there because WI was important for Lead mining, as in around Platteville  :rofl:

But yeah, places like Iron County (Where Gogebic Taconite operates) and other nearby places with 'Iron' in their names like 'Iron River' and 'Iron Mountain' didn't get their names because of the steely resolves of the people that lived nearby or even the burgeoning Korean drycleaning industry.
« Last Edit: July 12, 2013, 02:17:01 PM by brimic »

Barack Obama

Scout26

• I'm a leaf on the wind.
  • friend
  • I spent a week in that town one night....
« Reply #8 on: July 12, 2013, 02:23:06 PM »
Never tape yourself while committing a felony.   I hope they catch them and hammer them hard.   And yeah, my inner Viking would have gone all berserker on their asses.  So kudos for the great restraint shown by the miners. 
Some days even my lucky rocketship underpants won't help.

Bring me my Broadsword and a clear understanding.
Get up to the roundhouse on the cliff-top standing.
Take women and children and bed them down.
Bless with a hard heart those that stand with me.
Bless the women and children who firm our hands.
Put our backs to the north wind.
Hold fast by the river.
Sweet memories to drive us on,
for the motherland.

brimic

• friends
« Reply #9 on: July 12, 2013, 02:34:54 PM »
I'm sure the workers were all briefed, and under orders to do absolutely nothing.

While I'm not clear in the timeline, it seems to me like this confrontation happened just in the gap while the "scary" AZ security Co. had to leave because of WI licensing issues, and while they waited to come back once the paperwork was done.

From what I've heard since yesterday, this incident happened in the first week of June and is the reason why they hired a security contractor. Apparantly, several major news sources in WI may have been sitting on this video for some time, and it took a conservative internet news source to break it.

Barack Obama

Strings

• APS Pimp
  • friend
« Reply #10 on: July 13, 2013, 12:10:36 AM »
^^^And this surprises you?^^^
No Child Should Live In Fear

What was that about a pearl handled revolver and someone from New Orleans again?

Screw it: just autoclave the planet (thanks Birdman)

vaskidmark

• National Anthem Snob
  • friends
  • WTF?
« Reply #11 on: July 14, 2013, 05:43:32 AM »
I am totally aghast that the cogent arguments of the protesters did not immediately cause those eco-pillagers to drop their headds in shame, beg for forgiveness, and drive their machinery off directly to the scrapyards.  That one young female one having problems keeping her hoodie in particularly impressed me - even moreso than the recitation of license plare numbers.

Presuming that the camera in question cost more than $200 (rough guess at the threshold in WI for felony theft) it was a shame that nobody stepped in to try and stop a violent felony in progress.

Oh, well.  There are sure to be other opportunities.

stay safe.
If cowardly and dishonorable men sometimes shoot unarmed men with army pistols or guns, the evil must be prevented by the penitentiary and gallows, and not by a general deprivation of a constitutional privilege.

Hey you kids!! Get off my lawn!!!

They keep making this eternal vigilance thing harder and harder.  Protecting the 2nd amendment is like playing PACMAN - there's no pause button so you can go to the bathroom.

roo_ster

• Kakistocracy--It's What's For Dinner.
  • friend
  • Hoist the black flag, and begin slitting throats
« Reply #12 on: July 14, 2013, 11:55:50 AM »
From what I've heard since yesterday, this incident happened in the first week of June and is the reason why they hired a security contractor. Apparantly, several major news sources in WI may have been sitting on this video for some time, and it took a conservative internet news source to break it.

"No matter how much contempt you have for the media in all this, you don't have enough"
----Allahpundit

Regards,

roo_ster

“Fallacies do not cease to be fallacies because they become fashions.”
----G.K. Chesterton

vaskidmark

• National Anthem Snob
  • friends
  • WTF?
« Reply #13 on: July 14, 2013, 03:11:11 PM »
"No matter how much contempt you have for the media in all this, you don't have enough"
----Allahpundit

While that bears repeating, I fear it may lose some of it's significance if repeated too often.

stay safe.
If cowardly and dishonorable men sometimes shoot unarmed men with army pistols or guns, the evil must be prevented by the penitentiary and gallows, and not by a general deprivation of a constitutional privilege.

Hey you kids!! Get off my lawn!!!

They keep making this eternal vigilance thing harder and harder.  Protecting the 2nd amendment is like playing PACMAN - there's no pause button so you can go to the bathroom.