Author Topic: Finally got a call from the VA in Az  (Read 489 times)

Grandpa Shooter

• friend
Finally got a call from the VA in Az
« on: May 26, 2021, 04:24:23 PM »
I put in for follow up care with my eye problems back on April 15, to take place in Arizona while we were on vacation.  I never heard anything back so with that happening, and some other stuff, we decided to cancel our vacation.  I've had another shot in the eye here in Ky since then, and am scheduled for another on June 16.  Today I got a call from a woman who was filling in at the eye clinic in Phoenix, Az and who decided to clear up some loose ends and called me.  When I told her it was too late now and that we had to cancel because no one followed up on it, she was obviously distressed and embarrassed.  I assured her it was not her fault but did say I wanted to find out how they failed so miserably.  She gave me the number of the patient advocate's office in Phoenix.

Too little, and way too late.

Hawkmoon

• friend
Re: Finally got a call from the VA in Az
« Reply #1 on: May 26, 2021, 06:47:52 PM »
Good luck with the patient "advocate." I think I have previously discussed my experience with the Office of Obstruction and Obfuscation.
- - - - - - - - - - - - -
100% Politically Incorrect by Design

Grandpa Shooter

• friend
« Reply #2 on: May 26, 2021, 07:04:09 PM »
Good luck with the patient "advocate." I think I have previously discussed my experience with the Office of Obstruction and Obfuscation.
Yes you did.  I have little hope of actually getting anywhere with it.  I may try but typically I get really frustrated and then angry, and no one wants to deal with me when I am angry, it gets pretty tense.

Grandpa Shooter

• friend
« Reply #3 on: May 28, 2021, 05:39:30 PM »
I decided I have to pursue getting to the bottom of the screw up and put in a call to the VA here in Ky and got one of the Patient Advocates on the phone.  I explained to her what was happening and gave her the pertinent details as I know them.  She called me three hours later to confirm what I had already determined.  Phoenix VA eye care dropped the ball.  She confirmed the details as I had already knew them and advised me to call Phoenix and raise Cain with them personally.  She shared that initially she was afraid that possibly they had failed me here in Ky and apologized profusely that the VA system failed so miserably.  I assured her I would follow up with Az. and that I knew the system there is badly broken, quite possibly beyond repair.  I was a victim of the system in Az while I lived there at the time of the big scandal that brought the mismanagement to the light of day there, and then elsewhere as the scandal spread.  So Tuesday I start making phone calls.  Oh joy.

grampster

• friend
« Reply #4 on: May 28, 2021, 10:47:37 PM »
You probably as anxious and pre-pissed as I am in needing to call Comcast and demand a reduction in fees.
"Never wrestle with a pig.  You get dirty, and besides, the pig likes it."  G.B. Shaw

JTHunter

• friends
« Reply #5 on: May 28, 2021, 11:02:19 PM »
Good luck Grandpa.
Would it be a good idea to "remind" the Phoenix facility that you have talked with "Ms. _______ " in KY because of not getting the service you deserve from them?
The "sting" from some "salt", judiciously applied, can be a good incentive.
“I have little patience with people who take the Bill of Rights for granted.  The Bill of Rights, contained in the first ten amendments to the Constitution, is every American’s guarantee of freedom.” - - President Harry S. Truman, “Years of Trial and Hope”