Author Topic: Armed lady in France video  (Read 737 times)

zahc

• friend
Armed lady in France video
« on: May 28, 2021, 08:54:32 AM »
Anyone see this video...lady apparently snapped, wandered around with shotgun saying nonsense. Police managed to disarm her without anyone dying, but not without discharging the shotgun.

Hard to tell but the shotgun looks about 100 years old. Willing to bet is was stashed away off the record.

https://www.reddit.com/r/france/comments/nm7rk1/french_police_handling_of_an_armed_woman/?utm_source=share&utm_medium=mweb

I'm in basic, sad agreement that in the US they would probably have simply shot her a few seconds in. Maybe used beanbags if they had them.
Maybe a rare occurence, but then you only have to get murdered once to ruin your whole day.
--Tallpine

K Frame

• friend
  • I Am Inimical
Re: Armed lady in France video
« Reply #1 on: May 28, 2021, 09:13:39 AM »
Looks to be a run of the mill boxlock action, but it's really difficult to tell.
Carbon Monoxide, sucking the life out of idiots, 'tards, and fools since man tamed fire.

MechAg94

• friend
« Reply #2 on: May 28, 2021, 09:40:21 AM »
Having trouble getting the video to play where I am.  Just seeing the first few seconds.

If she didn't point the gun at the cops, she probably wouldn't be shot.  (insert racial joke here)  I would think taser or bean bag would be used if they couldn't talk to her.  Maybe just tackle her from behind.

Then again, just openly carrying a shotgun isn't illegal in a lot of places. 
“It is much more important to kill bad bills than to pass good ones.”  ― Calvin Coolidge

zahc

• friend
« Reply #3 on: May 28, 2021, 01:09:35 PM »
If you can't see the video, one of the gendarmes snuck around behind her while the rest kept her busy. He managed to tackle her, but she saw him, turned and started to raise the shotgun before he got to her and I'd say if he was 1/4 second later he would have got a chest full of shotgun. The gun went off when it hit the ground, not sure if the trigger got pulled or if it was impact that did it. Looks like a pretty old shotgun so I would believe it would go off from impact.

Oh, and if course as soon as she was tackled she started yelling for help like "omg help save me from them they are hurting me" unsurprisingly.
Maybe a rare occurence, but then you only have to get murdered once to ruin your whole day.
--Tallpine

Perd Hapley

• Superstar of the Internet
  • friend
  • My prepositions are on/in
« Reply #4 on: May 28, 2021, 05:08:06 PM »
I'm in basic, sad agreement that in the US they would probably have simply shot her a few seconds in. Maybe used beanbags if they had them.

Why so sad?
"Doggies are angel babies!" -- my wife

zahc

• friend
« Reply #5 on: May 28, 2021, 05:52:10 PM »
Because crazy lady alive is a better ending. Obviously? But sadly, in the US she likely wouldn't have made it. Armed crazy lady with shotgun in populated area: shoot
--Tallpine

WLJ

• friends
  • On Patrol In The Epsilon Eridani System
« Reply #6 on: May 28, 2021, 06:03:31 PM »
Meanwhile in the US
Wait for it, it may not be what you expect.

https://youtu.be/D_Riib6jNdo?t=17
"Sometimes I think the surest sign that intelligent life exists elsewhere in the universe is that none of it has tried to contact us".
- Calvin and Hobbes

Perd Hapley

• Superstar of the Internet
  • friend
  • My prepositions are on/in
« Reply #7 on: May 28, 2021, 07:32:30 PM »
Because crazy lady alive is a better ending. Obviously? But sadly, in the US she likely wouldn't have made it. Armed crazy lady with shotgun in populated area: shoot

I see your compassion for the nutty lady, and raise you some compassion for the people she might kill if you don't just shoot her. What Would Nicholas Reardon Do?

Then again, I've never understood why being crazy and violent is considered morally superior to being sane and violent.
"Doggies are angel babies!" -- my wife

JTHunter

• friends
« Reply #8 on: May 29, 2021, 12:26:33 AM »
Meanwhile in the US

Good grief !!  :O
“I have little patience with people who take the Bill of Rights for granted.  The Bill of Rights, contained in the first ten amendments to the Constitution, is every American’s guarantee of freedom.” - - President Harry S. Truman, “Years of Trial and Hope”

Ben

• Administrator
  • I'm an Extremist!
« Reply #9 on: May 29, 2021, 08:06:35 AM »
Meanwhile in the US

Would have been even better if the cop driving actually said it. All "hold my beer" moments are better when accompanied by Leroy.  :laugh:
"I'm a foolish old man that has been drawn into a wild goose chase by a harpy in trousers and a nincompoop."