Author Topic: States Ranked by Household Expenses  (Read 728 times)

Ben

• Administrator
  • I'm an Extremist!
"I'm a foolish old man that has been drawn into a wild goose chase by a harpy in trousers and a nincompoop."

K Frame

• friend
  • I Am Inimical
Re: States Ranked by Household Expenses
« Reply #1 on: August 03, 2023, 10:16:27 AM »
Huh. Virginia is more expensive than Pennsylvania. My guess is that Northern Virginia REALLY skews the pricing for the entire state.
Carbon Monoxide, sucking the life out of idiots, 'tards, and fools since man tamed fire.

HeroHog

• Technical Site Pig
  • Administrator
  • It can ALWAYS get worse!
    • FaceButt Profile
I might not last very long or be very effective but I'll be a real pain in the ass for a minute!
MOLON LABE!

MillCreek

• Skippy The Wonder Dog
  • friend
  • APS Risk Manager
« Reply #3 on: August 03, 2023, 12:59:58 PM »
Hmm, Washington is in the top ten.

Quote from: Angel Eyes on August 09, 2018, 01:56:15 AM
You are one lousy risk manager.

Ben

• Administrator
  • I'm an Extremist!
« Reply #4 on: August 03, 2023, 01:02:32 PM »
We aren't on the high or low list...

You appear to be #32.
"I'm a foolish old man that has been drawn into a wild goose chase by a harpy in trousers and a nincompoop."

MechAg94

• friend
« Reply #5 on: August 03, 2023, 01:03:41 PM »
Huh. Virginia is more expensive than Pennsylvania. My guess is that Northern Virginia REALLY skews the pricing for the entire state.
Texas is probably affected by that.  There are some horribly expensive cities and subdivisions to live in, but there are some places that are still reasonable.  I guess housing and land prices are still going up as well. 

My house was reasonably priced in 2006.  It is now nearly double that and insurance is going up.  Other costs are still not all that bad where I am.  Most homes are still selling very fast.
« Last Edit: August 03, 2023, 04:17:21 PM by MechAg94 »
“It is much more important to kill bad bills than to pass good ones.”  ― Calvin Coolidge

JTHunter

• friends
« Reply #6 on: August 03, 2023, 10:47:11 PM »

Just like "Shicago" skews the politics for the state of IL-ANNOY.  [barf]

I'm surprised that Illinois isn't in that Top 10.
“I have little patience with people who take the Bill of Rights for granted.  The Bill of Rights, contained in the first ten amendments to the Constitution, is every American’s guarantee of freedom.” - - President Harry S. Truman, “Years of Trial and Hope”

Northwoods

• friend
  • Formerly sumpnz
« Reply #7 on: August 04, 2023, 12:39:35 AM »
Hmm, Washington is in the top ten.

Let me find my shocked face…
Formerly sumpnz

230RN

• saw it coming.
  • friend
  • ...shall not be allowed.
« Reply #8 on: August 06, 2023, 02:03:20 PM »
First glance at the map, I thought shipping costs drove the "household bill costs."  Second glance made it look strongly politically driven.

And as usual, Colorado folllows California along as if on a leash.
WHATEVER YOUR DEFINITION OF "INFRINGE " IS, YOU SHOULDN'T BE DOING IT.

Calumus

• friend
« Reply #9 on: August 08, 2023, 08:17:35 AM »
I'm not sure when they collected  their data; but there hasn't been an apartment available for what they're saying the "average" is for years. Our one bedroom in an average development (which was picked primarily because they allow dogs over 25#) is over $500 a month more... The rest of the numbers seem reasonable. So even with the lowball rent, we're still paying 62% more than the National average to live. Awesome.

MechAg94

• friend
« Reply #10 on: August 08, 2023, 11:10:13 AM »
Looking at the details on Texas, it appears most of the samples were suburbs of major cities or smaller cities near big cities.  A lot of the bills were close to mine.  My mortgage was significantly cheaper even adding in insurance and taxes, but if I were to buy a new house now, it might be closer to the $1600 listed.  I don't pay cable/satellite, but internet is around half of that one.  I can usually beat the utilities number, but not in the summer. 

“It is much more important to kill bad bills than to pass good ones.”  ― Calvin Coolidge