Author Topic: Boo, CCRKBA  (Read 1456 times)

AZRedhawk44

• friends
Boo, CCRKBA
« on: August 25, 2011, 03:40:44 PM »
Body of email I received from "ccrkba-news@freedomdonations.com."  Subject line:  Stop the Magazine Ban.

Quote from: Alan Gottleib you should be ashamed of yourself
Stop The Brady Campaign's Magazine Ban!
IMMEDIATE HELP NEEDED- SEND 535 FAXES
TO ALL MEMBERS OF CONGRESS - NOW!

ALERT: Women and the elderly should not be able to defend themselves!

I certainly don't agree with that, and I know you don't either... but that is what the Brady Campaign and the anti-gunners seem to believe.

And they're at it again. This time they want to ban magazines with 10 or more rounds.
The Brady Campaign is working with Rep. McCarthy (D-NY4) to shove the Magazine Ban Bill (H.R. 308) through Congress.

This Bill Is Only A Spoke In The Anti-Gunner's Agenda To Disarm America!

If the gun-grabbers are successful, the transfer or sale of gun magazines higher than 10 rounds will be ILLEGAL. Anti-gun fanatics claim that banning these magazines will prevent random acts of violence.

Nothing could be further from the truth. It takes a healthy person only MILLISECONDS to change a magazine. Banning 10 round magazines will not stop a crazy person!

Rep. McCarthy and the Brady Bunch's magazine ban push have nothing to do with safety. It is a moral crusade - plain and simple. The goal of this bill is to not only take away your Second Amendment Rights, but also to expand the reach of the state.

If this bill is passed, our liberty will be killed and the anti-gunners will feel pretty good about themselves. That is why I need you to act today and send 535 faxes to all members of Congress and DEMAND they KILL this bill!

The Gun-Haters Want To Leave Grandma And Grandpa Helpless Against Violent Thugs.

For women and the elderly with limited dexterity or arthritis, they might not be able to quickly change magazines or reload them. Higher capacity magazines make it easier for them to defend their families. Don't let me forget to mention this... If it's true all higher capacity magazines are good for is inciting violence, then why should the police have them?

Since the election of Barack H. Obama sales of high-capacity magazines have increased. The liberals would be surprised to know that the people purchasing these magazines are not psychopaths. They are everyday law-abiding American citizens who want to defend their families. Why is that so hard for them to understand?

Anti-Gun Zealots Drag The Reputations Of Law-Abiding Citizens Through The Dirt.

I'm sick and tired of the liberal's vilifying gun owners like you and me! Unless we stand up and put our foot down, the gun-control nuts will pass the Magazine Ban Bill. Don't be fooled, they won't stop at just one bill. If this bill passes, the floodgates will open and the gun haters will drown Washington in a sea of anti-gun bills... until ALL guns are illegal!
That is the ultimate goal of people like Rep. McCarthy and groups like the Brady Campaign. We cannot lose this fight. It is far too important.

The sale or transfer of high-capacity magazines (the so-called "assault-weapons" ban) expired in 2004. But it had NO effect on the hundreds of thousands of Americans who are left vulnerable if they need to protect themselves.

Right now, 8 states have laws that BAN high capacity magazines. Now, the gun-haters want to OUTLAW them in all 50 states. Obviously, the gun grabbers will DO ANYTHING; even circumvent federal law to strong-arm their freedom-killing agenda.

The truth is, for the gun-haters a tragedy is always a good thing. They never let a "crisis go to waste." After Anders Behring Breivik committed his evil acts of violence in Norway, the anti-gun lobby didn't even stop to take a breath. They just turned up the heat to a boil!

They crammed the left-run media with Op-Eds, interviews and statements DEMONIZING regular American gun owners. Of course, this isn't the first time they have used senseless acts of violence to push their politics.

And we both know this won't be the last time. That is why we must stop them dead in their tracks. Will you OVERWHELM our elected officials with faxes opposing the Magazine Ban Bill? It's time to give the gun-grabbers a piece of your mind. They have silenced us for far too long.

After every tragedy -no matter how big or small - the gun bigots come out in full force. They throw big money at Congress and hire lobbying groups to browbeat our elected officials into passing new anti-gun legislation. Here is what Rep. McCarthy said about Norway:

"The easy availability of high-capacity ammo magazines in the U.S. has once again helped enable a large-scale massacre, this time with a shocking 68 people killed. This is another tragic example of our lack of commonsense gun laws failing us with deadly consequences, allowing a cold-blooded killer to easily acquire the tools of mass murder even from another country. How many more innocent people need to die before we realize that some simple, commonsense gun safety laws in the United States could actually save lives?"

Actually, Rep. McCarthy needs to check her facts. Norway has some of the TOUGHEST gun laws in the world! In fact, many guns, including automatics and some powerful handguns, are BANNED. The anti-Second amendment cartel wants to make MILLIONS of Americans vulnerable to attacks from the same maniacs the Magazine Ban Bill claims to protect us from.

It Makes No Sense!

But that is gun-control "logic" for you. It never occurs to them that a criminal could just get a higher-capacity magazine on the black market. And they never consider that someone who wants to hurt people could use a homemade bomb, chemical weapon, a knife, a baseball bat, etc...The list goes on and on.

Just look at how resourceful the England rioters were. Guns are basically banned in England but these criminals took to the streets with knives and baseball bats! When a lunatic is determined to wreak havoc - they will use ANY weapon they can get their hands on!

I think this bill is a TRAGEDY! The fact that the anti-gunners would stoop so low and make the elderly completely defenseless against criminals is DEPLORABLE!
I'm Outraged! Are You?

Congress has a decision to make: Either protect our Second Amendment Rights and STRIKE down this ridiculous bill. Or if they vote for it - WE WILL VOTE THEM OUT! We all know that votes are the only thing many politicians care about. Let them know that their career is on the line!

Will you help me CRUSH the Magazine Ban Bill? Unless gun owners across the country send Washington a strong message there will be no end to the anti-Second Amendment legislation that will become LAW OF THE LAND!

Get Angry & Take Action Today!

Please help the Citizens for the Right To Keep and Bear Arms defend your gun rights from Obama by giving a generous donation.

Get Your Sticker
Fax All 535 Congressmen!

Help CCRKBA Stop
The Magazine Ban Bill!

Thank you. I know I can count on you.

Sincerely,

Alan M. Gottlieb
Chairman
Citizens Committee for the Right to Keep and Bear Arms

If you prefer to donate by check, please mail to:

Citizens Committee for the Right
to Keep and Bear Arms
Dept Code 3754-e-ga
Liberty Park
12500 NE 10th Place
Bellevue, WA 98005

I didn't bother to re-apply the formatting, bolding, underlining, italicizing, yellow text highlighting, font size variations and font color changing. [barf]

Following any of the "zOMG Send Expensive Faxes From Our Rented BS Fundraiser Datacenter Now!!1eleventy1!" takes you somewhere, that, for ONLY $119, you can send 535 faxes to all Senators/Reps.

What a deal. ;/

Brady Campaign is dead.  Congress is in TP hands.  Even the Senate is evenly balanced, and Harry Reid isn't going to risk his *expletive deleted*ss on some anti-gun legislation.  He's hanging on by the fingernails in NV right now.  A whiff of anti-gun and he's GONE.

This is NRA-style fear mongering.  And it's not even topical... most of the NRA-sourced stuff is at least semi-relevant to pending legislation that actually has a snowball's chance in hell of being passed.

This is pathetic.  

Shame on you, Alan Gottleib.
"But whether the Constitution really be one thing, or another, this much is certain - that it has either authorized such a government as we have had, or has been powerless to prevent it. In either case, it is unfit to exist."
--Lysander Spooner

I reject your authoritah!

Matthew Carberry

• Formerly carebear
  • friend
  • Fiat justitia, pereat mundus
Re: Boo, CCRKBA
« Reply #1 on: August 25, 2011, 11:51:27 PM »
This is more like GOA level fear-mongering in that it utterly ignores reality and cranks the wharrgarrbl up to eleventy!!1!!

The true test will be in a bit if they claim credit for "killing" this "massive threat".  ;/
"Not all unwise laws are unconstitutional laws, even where constitutional rights are potentially involved." - Eugene Volokh

"As for affecting your movement, your Rascal should be able to achieve the the same speeds no matter what holster rig you are wearing."

Zardozimo Oprah Bannedalas

• Webley Juggler
  • friend
  • All I got is a fistful of shekels
« Reply #2 on: August 26, 2011, 12:37:37 AM »
I think it's vastly exaggerated and ridiculously overwrought, but it could have a nice impact on congresscritters. When a hopeless bill with only a half-dozen cosponsors (or however many it's got) gets thousands of faxes sent against it, it leaves an impression, and reminds our fearless leaders to keep the hell away from gun control. And they should be reminded of things quite often. It shows that the 2A movement is sharp-eyed, numerous, and active. Even the most mild encroachment entails a vicious metaphorical beatdown of response.
Of course, harping on this sort of issue will eventually lead 2A people to believe the folks calling for this are full of crap, and ignore the pleas to action when the real trouble comes. The boy who cried wolf, IOW.

Harold Tuttle

• Professor Chromedome
  • friend
« Reply #3 on: August 26, 2011, 11:38:55 AM »
actually thats MMM level fear mongering
"The true mad scientist does not make public appearances! He does not wear the "Hello, my name is.." badge!
He strikes from below like a viper or on high like a penny dropped from the tallest building around!
He only has one purpose--Do bad things to good people! Mit science! What good is science if no one gets hurt?!"

geronimotwo

• friend
« Reply #4 on: August 26, 2011, 03:35:23 PM »
now if we could just get the republican majority ny state senate to repeal the NY high cap mag ban, i would be a happy camper!
make the world idiot proof.....and you will have a world full of idiots. -g2