Author Topic: Trump takes on the sanctuary cities.  (Read 7162 times)

Perd Hapley

• Superstar of the Internet
  • friend
  • My prepositions are on/in
Trump takes on the sanctuary cities.
« on: January 25, 2017, 11:21:06 PM »
In order to better inform Americans about the impact illegal aliens are having on crime rates in sanctuary cities, President Donald Trump today ordered the Secretary of the Department of Homeland Security to publish a weekly list of crimes committed by illegals....

The same executive order “directs that federal funds be withheld from cities and counties that don’t cooperate with immigration officials...

http://www.theamericanmirror.com/trump-orders-weekly-list-crimes-committed-illegals-sanctuary-cities/

Oh no he did'n!!

"Doggies are angel babies!" -- my wife

MillCreek

• Skippy The Wonder Dog
  • friend
  • APS Risk Manager
Re: Trump takes on the sanctuary cities.
« Reply #1 on: January 25, 2017, 11:24:47 PM »
The municipal leadership of Seattle was on camera gnashing their teeth about this.

Quote from: Angel Eyes on August 09, 2018, 01:56:15 AM
You are one lousy risk manager.

Angel Eyes

• Lying dog-faced pony soldier
  • friend
  • You're not diggin'
« Reply #2 on: January 25, 2017, 11:59:46 PM »
The municipal leadership of Seattle was on camera gnashing their teeth about this.

Ditto for San Francisco.

""If you elect me, your taxes are going to be raised, not cut."
                         - master strategist Joe Biden

Ben

• Administrator
  • I'm an Extremist!
« Reply #3 on: January 26, 2017, 09:27:45 AM »
I wish they would get immigrants from other countries and cultures out there for facetime to speak against illegal immigration. Most legal immigrants hate illegal immigration more than people who have been here for generations, given that they're the ones who were standing in line watching millions cut in front of them.

I notice fairly consistently that all the faces in the protests about stopping illegal immigration are of the same general culture. If you happen to be white and slavic, then you're "too stupid to speak good English" or if you're Asian, then I guess you're a fake immigrant, kinda like the "fake news".
"I'm a foolish old man that has been drawn into a wild goose chase by a harpy in trousers and a nincompoop."

Perd Hapley

• friend
« Reply #4 on: January 26, 2017, 09:51:34 AM »
I wish they would get immigrants from other countries and cultures out there for facetime to speak against illegal immigration.

So, make Melania the immigration spokesman spokesmodel?

grampster

• friend
« Reply #5 on: January 26, 2017, 10:13:06 AM »
I suppose my suggestion is an oversimplification of immigration problems but here goes.

1.  Take steps to secure our borders and ports and complete the process whatever that might be as soon as possible.  Halt all immigration until this is complete except for national security purposes.  Halting all immigration has precedent.

2.   At the same time stop all deportations of folks already illegally in the US except for those who commit or have committed crimes other than illegally crossing the border.  Deport or incarcerate convicted criminals.

3.  Advise by the use of media that all illegals who have not been convicted of any crime other than illegally crossing the border, when the border and ports are secured, they may step forward, be scrutinized and begin the process of becoming an American citizen as well as swearing allegiance to America and to support the COTUS.

The above would, of course, not make everyone happy.  But it is a solution that solves much of the immigration problem.

"Never wrestle with a pig.  You get dirty, and besides, the pig likes it."  G.B. Shaw

HankB

• friend
« Reply #6 on: January 26, 2017, 10:16:35 AM »
Didn't someone already compile a list of crimes done by illegal aliens?

IIRC, there were about 25 deaths a day due to either outright murder or vehicular homicide (mostly due to drunk/drugged driving), making the annual death toll on American streets due to illegals worse than what US troops experienced in the Middle East.

Story didn't get much traction, either due to shoddy scholarship or political correctness. But even if their numbers were off by 500% . . . that would still be a pretty damning indictment of the illegal alien problem.

If .gov is going to now start reporting illegals' crime officially . . . I expect to see support for illegals start dropping.  

=D

Quote from: grampster
I suppose my suggestion is an oversimplification of immigration problems but here goes.

1.  Take steps to secure our borders and ports and complete the process whatever that might be as soon as possible.  Halt all immigration until this is complete except for national security purposes.  Halting all immigration has precedent.

2.   At the same time stop all deportations of folks already illegally in the US except for those who commit or have committed crimes other than illegally crossing the border.  Deport or incarcerate convicted criminals.

3.  Advise by the use of media that all illegals who have not been convicted of any crime other than illegally crossing the border, when the border and ports are secured, they may step forward, be scrutinized and begin the process of becoming an American citizen as well as swearing allegiance to America and to support the COTUS.

The above would, of course, not make everyone happy.  But it is a solution that solves much of the immigration problem.
Agree with 1. Disagree with 2 (except the last part) and all of 3.
Trump won in 2016. Democrats haven't been so offended since Republicans came along and freed their slaves.
Sometimes I wonder if the world is being run by smart people who are putting us on, or by imbeciles who really mean it. - Mark Twain
Government is a broker in pillage, and every election is a sort of advance auction in stolen goods. - H.L. Mencken
Patriotism is supporting your country all the time, and your government when it deserves it. - Mark Twain

French G.

• friend
  • ohhh sparkles!
« Reply #7 on: January 26, 2017, 10:20:49 AM »

Pretty much. I want the wall and controlled immigration but to humanely report millions to 80 different countries is impossible. Maybe a 3 year resident visa for gainfully employed illegals, progress towards citizenship or leave when it is up.
AKA Navy Joe   

I'm so contrarian that I didn't respond to the thread.

Ben

• Administrator
  • I'm an Extremist!
« Reply #8 on: January 26, 2017, 10:33:49 AM »

Whether anyone likes it or not, I simply don't see a way to track down and deport every illegal in the country. It's simply too late for something like that. For illegals who have committed additional crimes however, I think that is quite doable. Keeping them from sneaking back is another story. Given their additional criminal activities, they, like citizen criminals, are not going to follow the law in the first place. Gun crimes are a good analogy.
"I'm a foolish old man that has been drawn into a wild goose chase by a harpy in trousers and a nincompoop."

AmbulanceDriver

• Junior Rocketeer
  • friends
« Reply #9 on: January 26, 2017, 10:57:46 AM »
One of our local talk show hosts has a pretty good idea for getting *most* of the illegals to self deport.

1.  If you're here illegally, zero government aid. No food stamps. No housing.  No medicaid.  Nada.  Zip. Zilch.
2a.  Make e-verify use mandatory for all employers.   If your social/name/other info don't match, you can submit an explanation as to why, and get it fixed. 
2b.  After e-verify is implemented and errors resolved, if your social/name/other info don't match up, or you are in the country illegally, your employer cannot deduct your payroll on their taxes.  Basically make it so if you're illegally in this country, you are practically unemployable.

Take away the money and the benefits, and the majority of the incentive to come into this country illegally will be gone.
Are you a cook, or a RIFLEMAN?  Find out at Appleseed!

http://www.appleseedinfo.org

"For some many people, attempting to process a logical line of thought brings up the blue screen of death." -Blakenzy

HankB

• friend
« Reply #10 on: January 26, 2017, 11:10:19 AM »
. . .  I simply don't see a way to track down and deport every illegal in the country . . .
Like so many things, absolute perfection can't be achieved, so you're right, we can't track down and deport EVERY illegal. But we CAN deport a LOT of them. Take a look at the numbers for transporting Mexican illegals, overwhelmingly the largest group.

1. Take 1000 buses. Sounds like a lot, but that's how many were ruined in NOLA - one medium sized Southern city - during Katrina.
2. Put 40 illegals on each bus and run them down to the border. That's 40,000 illegals.
3. 3 trips a week per bus. That's 120,000 illegals per week.
4. 100 weeks - less than 2 years - and there's your 12,000,000 illegal Mexicans.

Granted, CATCHING them will be a challenge - especially after the first year or two. (End "catch and release" and move to "catch and deport.") But once you've GOT them, transporting them is a minor issue.

Cost? Say, a million dollars per bus per year. Heck, make it TWO million dollars per bus per year, to pay for drivers, guards, gas, and maintenance. That's a two billion dollar a year program. In Texas alone the cost to educate, medicate, and incarcerate illegal aliens is estimated as being between 4 and 12 billion dollars a year. Yes, the numbers are fuzzy, but we CAN do it, and it makes economic sense to do it.

There's precedent for a major effort in this area - back in the 1950's, Eisenhower's Operation Wetback deported over 1 million illegals the first year, and a lot of illegals then "self-deported." Unfortunately, with no wall and no real penalties for US employers who hired illegals, the program wasn't as successful as it could have been. We can do better today.
Trump won in 2016. Democrats haven't been so offended since Republicans came along and freed their slaves.
Sometimes I wonder if the world is being run by smart people who are putting us on, or by imbeciles who really mean it. - Mark Twain
Government is a broker in pillage, and every election is a sort of advance auction in stolen goods. - H.L. Mencken
Patriotism is supporting your country all the time, and your government when it deserves it. - Mark Twain

Ben

• Administrator
  • I'm an Extremist!
« Reply #11 on: January 26, 2017, 11:15:26 AM »
One of our local talk show hosts has a pretty good idea for getting *most* of the illegals to self deport.

1.  If you're here illegally, zero government aid. No food stamps. No housing.  No medicaid.  Nada.  Zip. Zilch.
2a.  Make e-verify use mandatory for all employers.   If your social/name/other info don't match, you can submit an explanation as to why, and get it fixed. 
2b.  After e-verify is implemented and errors resolved, if your social/name/other info don't match up, or you are in the country illegally, your employer cannot deduct your payroll on their taxes.  Basically make it so if you're illegally in this country, you are practically unemployable.

Take away the money and the benefits, and the majority of the incentive to come into this country illegally will be gone.

All good ideas, especially #1. With that, you pretty much eliminate one of the largest problems re: illegals. Taking away freebies pushes the slackers back across the border, and while illegals working here are still illegal, they are not as great a drain as those who came specifically for the free stuff.

MechAg94

• friend
« Reply #12 on: January 26, 2017, 12:16:44 PM »
IMO, we can NEVER say that illegals already here can stay. 

1.  You can NEVER stop 100% of the illegal border crossings. 
2.  Given current sanctuary city BS, you can't know for sure that current illegal aliens haven't committed all sorts of minor crimes and just never been convicted. 
3.  You need an active effort to round them up in order to put pressure on current illegals to go through the process of becoming legal or go home.  If you don't, they won't bother with it. 

The part few talk about is we need to reform the legal process of deportation also.  IMO, the current system was set up to prevent deportation.
“It is much more important to kill bad bills than to pass good ones.”  ― Calvin Coolidge

DittoHead

• friend
  • Writing for the Bulwark since August 2019
« Reply #13 on: January 26, 2017, 12:23:55 PM »
I'll admit to being a bit ignorant on this - what federal funds go to cities and for what purpose? Are these grants, which I would assume go mostly to equipping law enforcement & first responders?
Is it maybe something that should be eliminated entirely?
In the moral, catatonic stupor America finds itself in today it is only disagreement we seek, and the more virulent that disagreement, the better.

brimic

• friends
« Reply #14 on: January 26, 2017, 12:49:50 PM »
"now you see that evil will always triumph, because good is dumb" -Dark Helmet

"AK47's belong in the hands of soldiers mexican drug cartels"-
Barack Obama

wmenorr67

• friend
« Reply #15 on: January 26, 2017, 01:04:12 PM »
Think a Constitutional Amendment ending the birth right citizenship would help?

How soon could that get pushed through?
There are five things, above all else, that make life worth living: a good relationship with God, a good woman, good health, good friends, and a good cigar.

Only two defining forces have ever offered to die for you, Jesus Christ and the American Soldier.  One died for your soul, the other for your freedom.

Bacon is the candy bar of meats!

Only the dead have seen the end of war!

Scout26

• I'm a leaf on the wind.
  • friend
  • I spent a week in that town one night....
« Reply #16 on: January 26, 2017, 01:31:50 PM »
Some days even my lucky rocketship underpants won't help.

Bring me my Broadsword and a clear understanding.
Get up to the roundhouse on the cliff-top standing.
Take women and children and bed them down.
Bless with a hard heart those that stand with me.
Bless the women and children who firm our hands.
Put our backs to the north wind.
Hold fast by the river.
Sweet memories to drive us on,
for the motherland.

Perd Hapley

• friend
« Reply #17 on: January 26, 2017, 01:54:30 PM »
There's precedent for a major effort in this area - back in the 1950's, Eisenhower's Operation Wetback deported over 1 million illegals the first year, and a lot of illegals then "self-deported."

And Ike had little to no freeway system to use.

One thing that seems missing is a sentence of hard labor for at least six months, before deportation. We need a wall built, folks. Then charge Mexico for the workers' room and board.  =)

Ben

• Administrator
  • I'm an Extremist!
« Reply #18 on: January 26, 2017, 01:58:33 PM »
    All Americans, not only in the states most heavily affected, but in every place in this country, are rightly disturbed by the large numbers of illegal aliens entering our country. The jobs they hold might otherwise be held by citizens or legal immigrants. The public service they use impose burdens on our taxpayers. That’s why our administration has moved aggressively to secure our borders more by hiring a record number of new border guards, by deporting twice as many criminal aliens as ever before, by cracking down on illegal hiring, by barring welfare benefits to illegal aliens.

In the budget I will present to you we will try to do more to speed the deportation of illegal aliens who are arrested for crimes, to better identify illegal aliens in the workplace as recommended by the commission headed by former Congresswoman Barbara Jordan.

We are a nation of immigrants. But we are also a nation of laws. It is wrong and ultimately self-defeating for a nation of immigrants to permit the kind of abuse of our immigration laws we have seen in recent years, and we must do more to stop it.

http://twitchy.com/gregp-3534/2017/01/26/flashback-bill-clinton-channels-future-donald-trump-on-illegal-immigration-video/

makattak

• Dark Lord of the Cis
  • friend
« Reply #19 on: January 26, 2017, 03:30:59 PM »
One thing that seems missing is a sentence of hard labor for at least six months, before deportation. We need a wall built, folks. Then charge Mexico for the workers' room and board.  =)

I wish the Ring had never come to me. I wish none of this had happened.

So do all who live to see such times. But that is not for them to decide. All we have to decide is what to do with the time that is given to us. There are other forces at work in this world, Frodo, besides the will of evil. Bilbo was meant to find the Ring. In which case, you also were meant to have it. And that is an encouraging thought

MechAg94

• friend
« Reply #20 on: January 26, 2017, 03:43:46 PM »

And Ike had little to no freeway system to use.

One thing that seems missing is a sentence of hard labor for at least six months, before deportation. We need a wall built, folks. Then charge Mexico for the workers' room and board.  =)
Take a number from some of the states.  Set up a tent prison near the border in desert somewhere.  They can wait there while the deportation stuff is determined. 
“It is much more important to kill bad bills than to pass good ones.”  ― Calvin Coolidge

Hawkmoon

• friend
« Reply #21 on: January 26, 2017, 06:16:02 PM »

1.  Take steps to secure our borders and ports and complete the process whatever that might be as soon as possible.  Halt all immigration until this is complete except for national security purposes.  Halting all immigration has precedent.

2.   At the same time stop all deportations of folks already illegally in the US except for those who commit or have committed crimes other than illegally crossing the border.  Deport or incarcerate convicted criminals.

3.  Advise by the use of media that all illegals who have not been convicted of any crime other than illegally crossing the border, when the border and ports are secured, they may step forward, be scrutinized and begin the process of becoming an American citizen as well as swearing allegiance to America and to support the COTUS.

The above would, of course, not make everyone happy.  But it is a solution that solves much of the immigration problem.

1 ==> Good

2 ==> No way. Illegal is illegal, and illegality should NOT be rewarded.

3 ==> See (2), above

My wife and adopted daughter had to wait their turns to get in. It was hard for us. Sorry, but I absolutely do not, will not, and cannot suuport any sort of amnesty or "path to citizenship." There IS a path to citizenship -- go back to the native country, apply for an immigrant visa, wait your turn, come to the U.S. when your turn rolls around, and then spend your time here and become a citizen.

Waltz across the border while other people are waiting in line? That dawg don't hunt.
« Last Edit: January 26, 2017, 06:35:47 PM by Hawkmoon »
- - - - - - - - - - - - -
100% Politically Incorrect by Design

Hawkmoon

• friend
« Reply #22 on: January 26, 2017, 06:18:32 PM »
... to humanely report millions to 80 different countries is impossible. ...

I disagree, but so what if it is? They are criminals. All they are "entitled" to is to not be beaten while in custody until they're deported. How much more humane should it be?

Hawkmoon

• friend
« Reply #23 on: January 26, 2017, 06:26:25 PM »
All good ideas, especially #1. With that, you pretty much eliminate one of the largest problems re: illegals. Taking away freebies pushes the slackers back across the border, and while illegals working here are still illegal, they are not as great a drain as those who came specifically for the free stuff.

Maybe not "as great," but still a significant drain. Never forget Western Union and Dinero en Minutos. How many billions of dollars were sent to Mexico alone last year? That's all money that would otherwise have been circulating in our economy.

Hawkmoon

• friend
« Reply #24 on: January 26, 2017, 06:33:26 PM »
Think a Constitutional Amendment ending the birth right citizenship would help?

How soon could that get pushed through?

The problem is that one amendment requires a constitutional convention. Once there's a constitutional convention, the left could pile on with a bunch of other amendments we don't want to see -- like repealing the Second Amendment.

IMHO the preferred solution is simply to deport all the illegals. Then we won't have to worry about where they have babies.