Author Topic: Zombie prank in Austin  (Read 3952 times)

just Warren

• friend
  • My DJ name is Heavy Cream.
Zombie prank in Austin
« on: February 01, 2009, 03:13:45 AM »
http://news.aol.com/article/zombie-road-signs-attack-austin-texas/322482

While funny they did not go the whole way with this prank.

What they could have done is place an ad in Craigslist asking for zombie extras for a student or low budget film to show up at a specified intersection and acting like zombies to be filmed from atop a nearby building. In addition in the same ad they would ask for "victims" to show up covered in gore and maybe with fake limbs to be ripped off etc, they would then team up with a zom or two and do short attack and eat scenes.

And yes I know it's illegal to tamper with these signs, but it is not such a crime that I can't give props to the people who did it.
Member in Good Standing of the Spontaneous Order of the Invisible Hand.

seeker_two

• friend
  • In short, most intelligence is false.
Re: Zombie prank in Austin
« Reply #1 on: February 01, 2009, 08:52:49 AM »
I'm impressed....if they ever catch the perps, the judge should sentence them to a weekend of picking up trash on the Interstate....in zombie costumes....  =D
Impressed yet befogged, they grasped at his vivid leading phrases, seeing only their surface meaning, and missing the deeper current of his thought.

HankB

• friend
« Reply #2 on: February 01, 2009, 10:15:56 AM »
I agree it's funny . . . but it's not just a matter of walking by a sign and tapping out a new message on an unattended keyboad. Local news says the perps had to break the lock (i.e., cause physical damage) in order to access the electronics.

Not quite so funny any more.  :police:
Trump won in 2016. Democrats haven't been so offended since Republicans came along and freed their slaves.
Sometimes I wonder if the world is being run by smart people who are putting us on, or by imbeciles who really mean it. - Mark Twain
Government is a broker in pillage, and every election is a sort of advance auction in stolen goods. - H.L. Mencken
Patriotism is supporting your country all the time, and your government when it deserves it. - Mark Twain

Declaration Day

• friends
« Reply #3 on: February 01, 2009, 11:46:23 AM »
I agree it's funny . . . but it's not just a matter of walking by a sign and tapping out a new message on an unattended keyboad. Local news says the perps had to break the lock (i.e., cause physical damage) in order to access the electronics.

Not quite so funny any more.  :police:

Ok so if they're caught, make 'em pay for new padlocks.  It's not like they cost thousands of dollars.  Still funny to me.  :laugh:

geronimotwo

• friend
« Reply #4 on: February 01, 2009, 03:33:53 PM »
definitely funny, as long as the original message was not paramount to traffic safety.
make the world idiot proof.....and you will have a world full of idiots. -g2

MicroBalrog

• friend
« Reply #5 on: February 01, 2009, 08:55:05 PM »
What are these signs used for in America?

In Israel, we use them to warn about traffic jams. Usually futile.
Destroy The Enemy in Hand-to-Hand Combat.

"...tradition and custom becomes intertwined and are a strong coercion which directs the society upon fixed lines, and strangles liberty. " ~ William Graham Sumner

Declaration Day

• friends
« Reply #6 on: February 01, 2009, 10:12:45 PM »
These signs are set up near construction zones to warn drivers of the construction, closed routes, and / or to suggest alternate routes.

Zardozimo Oprah Bannedalas

• Webley Juggler
  • friend
  • All I got is a fistful of shekels
« Reply #7 on: February 01, 2009, 11:01:07 PM »
They have a lot of purposes. Construction warnings, sections of road being closed due to traffic jams, Amber Alert-type things for cars (seen once, in Dallas), warnings against drinking and driving.

MechAg94

• friend
« Reply #8 on: February 02, 2009, 09:10:10 AM »
Around Houston, they use them to warn you of a traffic jam ahead, but manage to place the signs such that you don't see the warning until after you have passed the turn off for the alternate route.  :D
“It is much more important to kill bad bills than to pass good ones.”  ― Calvin Coolidge

MicroBalrog

• friend
« Reply #9 on: February 02, 2009, 09:13:01 AM »
Around Houston, they use them to warn you of a traffic jam ahead, but manage to place the signs such that you don't see the warning until after you have passed the turn off for the alternate route.  :D

They learn from the Tel-Aviv city government, I see.:D :D
Destroy The Enemy in Hand-to-Hand Combat.

"...tradition and custom becomes intertwined and are a strong coercion which directs the society upon fixed lines, and strangles liberty. " ~ William Graham Sumner

El Tejon

• friend
    • http://www.kirkfreemanlaw.com
« Reply #10 on: February 02, 2009, 09:19:18 AM »
Instead of taking money from the taxpayers, how about confining the prank to 6th Street and leaving the Productive Class out of it?

As I tell my guys, fun is fun, but let's not make any more felonies than we have already. =D
I do not smoke pot, wear Wookie suits, live in my mom's basement, collect unemployment checks or eat Cheetoes, therefore I am not a Ron Paul voter.

AJ Dual

• friends
  • Shoe Ballistics Inc.
« Reply #11 on: February 02, 2009, 10:01:03 AM »

Or the sign warns you about construction or a traffic jam that does not exist...

ROAD WORK LEFT LANE CLOSED AHEAD

So everyone start's slowing down and moving over. Then when you get up there, maybe there's a bunch of construction barricades stacked neatly on the side of the road waiting to be picked up.
I promise not to duck.

seeker_two

• friend
« Reply #12 on: February 02, 2009, 12:16:27 PM »
Instead of taking money from the taxpayers, how about confining the prank to 6th Street and leaving the Productive Class out of it?

As I tell my guys, fun is fun, but let's not make any more felonies than we have already. =D

Why do I think you have one of these signs that constantly reads..."GET OFF MY LAWN"?     =D
Impressed yet befogged, they grasped at his vivid leading phrases, seeing only their surface meaning, and missing the deeper current of his thought.

Crow1108

« Reply #13 on: February 02, 2009, 02:12:56 PM »
What they could have done is place an ad in Craigslist asking for zombie extras for a student or low budget film to show up at a specified intersection and acting like zombies to be filmed from atop a nearby building. In addition in the same ad they would ask for "victims" to show up covered in gore and maybe with fake limbs to be ripped off etc, they would then team up with a zom or two and do short attack and eat scenes.

That would be pretty funny, but I could see it going horribly wrong for some of the "zombies" involved, ESPECIALLY in Texas.  :laugh:
"I work in the back. I see no smiles."--"Bruce Allmighty"

AJ Dual

• friends
  • Shoe Ballistics Inc.
« Reply #14 on: February 02, 2009, 02:15:04 PM »
That would be pretty funny, but I could see it going horribly wrong for some of the "zombies" involved, ESPECIALLY in Texas.  :laugh:

Yeah, the zombies would all starve down there...

Think about it, if you can.

:laugh:
I promise not to duck.

seeker_two

• friend
« Reply #15 on: February 02, 2009, 02:24:50 PM »
Yeah, the zombies would all starve down there...

Think about it, if you can.

:laugh:

Esp. around the Capital Building....  :lol:  :laugh: