Author Topic: Zombie Apocalypse Escape Vehicle  (Read 5443 times)

Stetson

• friends
Re: Zombie Apocalypse Escape Vehicle
« Reply #25 on: August 05, 2010, 12:41:17 AM »
I've actually thought about investing in a pack saddle, panniers, and rifle scabbards as part of our "prepping"  =|

Otherwise, we just do day rides since we have a big ranch next door.

Why do you need to go anywhere?  You are already where survivors are going to try to go.  Sparsley populated area, to get away from the hordes...

Tallpine

• friends
  • Grumpy Old Grandpa
« Reply #26 on: August 05, 2010, 09:47:12 AM »
Why do you need to go anywhere?  You are already where survivors are going to try to go.  Sparsley populated area, to get away from the hordes...

Well, there could be no gasoline available.

And our place isn't paid off yet ... :(
Freedom is a heavy load, a great and strange burden for the spirit to undertake. It is not easy. It is not a gift given, but a choice made, and the choice may be a hard one. The road goes upward toward the light; but the laden traveller may never reach the end of it.  - Ursula Le Guin

Ben

• Administrator
  • I'm an Extremist!
« Reply #27 on: August 05, 2010, 09:54:17 AM »
Well, there could be no gasoline available.

And our place isn't paid off yet ... :(

But when your mortgage lender is zombified, it won't make any difference.  :laugh:
"I'm a foolish old man that has been drawn into a wild goose chase by a harpy in trousers and a nincompoop."

brimic

• friends
« Reply #28 on: August 05, 2010, 10:47:12 AM »
For the $80K, I'd much rather have a turbo diesel motorcycle and leave the human chum to use pedal power, the ones in development now have 100hp and get 100+ miles/gal.
"now you see that evil will always triumph, because good is dumb" -Dark Helmet

"AK47's belong in the hands of soldiers mexican drug cartels"-
Barack Obama

Firethorn

• friend
  • Where'd my explosive space modulator go?
« Reply #29 on: August 05, 2010, 12:32:24 PM »
For the $80K, I'd much rather have a turbo diesel motorcycle and leave the human chum to use pedal power, the ones in development now have 100hp and get 100+ miles/gal.

I keep looking at it and thinking $8k would be a more reasonable price, for $80k you can get a full up electric car or motorcycle.

I've seen electric bikes being sold for under $4k.

Ben

• Administrator
  • I'm an Extremist!
« Reply #30 on: August 05, 2010, 12:49:40 PM »
I keep looking at it and thinking $8k would be a more reasonable price, for $80k you can get a full up electric car or motorcycle.

I've seen electric bikes being sold for under $4k.

$4K is more in line with what I was thinking this one would be worth. I can't figure it at $8K let alone $80K. Unless the leather battery cover is made from some extinct animal or something. :)
"I'm a foolish old man that has been drawn into a wild goose chase by a harpy in trousers and a nincompoop."

Stetson

• friends
« Reply #31 on: August 05, 2010, 12:53:15 PM »
$4K is more in line with what I was thinking this one would be worth. I can't figure it at $8K let alone $80K. Unless the leather battery cover is made from some extinct animal or something. :)

It wasn't extinct but it is now  :'(