Author Topic: Zombie apocalypse has begun in Africa  (Read 1777 times)

Ron

• friends
  • Like a tree planted by the rivers of water
    • What I believe ...
Zombie apocalypse has begun in Africa
« on: March 22, 2012, 08:42:19 AM »
Baffling Illness Strikes Africa, Turns Children Into Violent "Zombies"

The effort to restrain the children is not unwarranted.  In one of the most bizarre symptoms of this tragic illness, children with the disease are reportedly setting fire to buildings in their communities.  Coupled with the aimless wandering this disease provokes in victims, this is a deadly combination.  More than 200 people have been killed in fires believed to be set by the zombified children.

http://www.dailytech.com/Baffling+Illness+Strikes+Africa+Turns+Children+Into+Violent+Zombies/article24276.htm

I had heard of the "nodding disease" before but didn't realize doctors had no idea how it was transmitted and that there was no treatment. Very scary and sad story.
For the invisible things of him since the creation of the world are clearly seen, being perceived through the things that are made, even his everlasting power and divinity, that they may be without excuse. Because knowing God, they didn’t glorify him as God, and didn’t give thanks, but became vain in their reasoning, and their senseless heart was darkened. Professing themselves to be wise, they became fools.

Harold Tuttle

• Professor Chromedome
  • friend
Re: Zombie apocalypse has begun in Africa
« Reply #1 on: March 22, 2012, 09:27:13 AM »
neurotropic parasites aren't much fun
"The true mad scientist does not make public appearances! He does not wear the "Hello, my name is.." badge!
He strikes from below like a viper or on high like a penny dropped from the tallest building around!
He only has one purpose--Do bad things to good people! Mit science! What good is science if no one gets hurt?!"

geronimotwo

• friend
« Reply #2 on: March 22, 2012, 02:44:55 PM »
that's freaky.  i was reading about a parasite in the US that attacks honey bees.  i wonder if they're related?

http://news.discovery.com/animals/parasite-bees-zombies-010512.html
make the world idiot proof.....and you will have a world full of idiots. -g2

Nick1911

• Administrator
« Reply #3 on: March 22, 2012, 03:04:16 PM »
What's always scared me is prions.  Malformed proteins.  Untreatable and universally fatal.

seeker_two

• friend
  • In short, most intelligence is false.
« Reply #4 on: March 22, 2012, 03:16:20 PM »
So....there's a new disease in Africa that causes people to act violently toward each other?......

....How could they tell?....
Impressed yet befogged, they grasped at his vivid leading phrases, seeing only their surface meaning, and missing the deeper current of his thought.

mtnbkr

• friend
« Reply #5 on: March 22, 2012, 03:47:37 PM »
What's always scared me is prions.  Malformed proteins.  Untreatable and universally fatal.

Me too.

Chris

zxcvbob

• friend
« Reply #6 on: March 22, 2012, 04:29:20 PM »
What's always scared me is prions.  Malformed proteins.  Untreatable and universally fatal.

Ice-nine.
"It's good, though..."

Harold Tuttle

• Professor Chromedome
  • friend
"The true mad scientist does not make public appearances! He does not wear the "Hello, my name is.." badge!
He strikes from below like a viper or on high like a penny dropped from the tallest building around!
He only has one purpose--Do bad things to good people! Mit science! What good is science if no one gets hurt?!"