Author Topic: Zombie Extermination Kit  (Read 3950 times)

Ben

• Administrator
  • I'm an Extremist!
Zombie Extermination Kit
« on: August 03, 2012, 07:03:05 PM »
I wonder how many they'll sell? :)

http://www.opticsplanet.com/zero-zombie-kit.html
"I'm a foolish old man that has been drawn into a wild goose chase by a harpy in trousers and a nincompoop."

Jamisjockey

• Booze-fueled paragon of pointless cruelty and wanton sadism
  • friend
  • Your mom sends me care packages
Re: Zombie Extermination Kit
« Reply #1 on: August 03, 2012, 08:01:01 PM »
Marketing gimmick. Just a hunch.
JD

The price of a lottery ticket seems to be the maximum most folks are willing to risk toward the dream of becoming a one-percenter. “Robert Hollis”

erictank

• friends
« Reply #2 on: August 04, 2012, 05:19:47 AM »
I've got better uses for $24K.  Like a new car.

Fly320s

• friend
  • Formerly, Arthur, King of the Britons
« Reply #3 on: August 04, 2012, 06:50:16 AM »
I've got better uses for $24K.  Like a new car.

But it is on SALE!  It was $31,375, so you would save over $7,000. Think what you could do with the extra $7,000 in your pocket.
Islamic sex dolls.  Do they blow themselves up?

lupinus

• Southern Mod Trimutive Emeritus
  • friends
« Reply #4 on: August 04, 2012, 10:17:09 AM »
I hit the powerball I am buying this.

Just to see how long it takes them to recover from the shock of someone actually buying it.
That is all. *expletive deleted*ck you all, eat *expletive deleted*it, and die in a fire. I have considered writing here a long parting section dedicated to each poster, but I have decided, at length, against it. *expletive deleted*ck you all and Hail Satan.

MrsSmith

• I do declare, someone needs an ass whoopin'
  • friend
« Reply #5 on: August 04, 2012, 10:01:59 PM »
We shoulda' been making and selling these things. We could have bought a ghost town AND a pirate ship by now.
America is at that awkward stage; It's too late to work within the system, but too early to shoot the bastards. ~ Claire Wolfe

Ben

• Administrator
  • I'm an Extremist!
« Reply #6 on: August 04, 2012, 10:42:11 PM »
We shoulda' been making and selling these things. We could have bought a ghost town AND a pirate ship by now.

On a tangent, honestly we should be. I saw a link on Gentlemint this morning to some place selling "survival packs" for like $500-$1500 (for the "Executive" version). They were basically the equivalent of Costco Emergency Buckets 'O Food, fire starters, emergency blankets, etc.  and included lame advertizing like saying the Motorola GRMS radios they put in the kits actually have a 26 mile range.

We should start APS LLC and market survival kits pre-Mayan end of the world. We could make a killing while actually selling a useful product put together by knowledgeable people.
"I'm a foolish old man that has been drawn into a wild goose chase by a harpy in trousers and a nincompoop."

Perd Hapley

• Superstar of the Internet
  • friend
  • My prepositions are on/in
« Reply #7 on: August 04, 2012, 10:54:42 PM »
We could make a killing while actually selling a useful product put together by knowledgeable people.

That sounds fine for the rest of you, but where do I come in?
"Doggies are angel babies!" -- my wife

Ben

• Administrator
  • I'm an Extremist!
« Reply #8 on: August 04, 2012, 11:02:52 PM »

That sounds fine for the rest of you, but where do I come in?

You're manning the phones in the complaint department of course.

charby

• Necromancer
  • Administrator
  • APS's Resident Sikh/Muslim
« Reply #9 on: August 04, 2012, 11:06:23 PM »
Zombie kit? Should be a single shot pistol or a cyanide pill to kill one's self if zombies every did occur. I don't want to be living if zombies take over the place.
Iowa- 88% more livable that the rest of the US

Uranus is a gas giant.

Team 444: Member# 536

vaskidmark

• National Anthem Snob
  • friends
  • WTF?
« Reply #10 on: August 05, 2012, 05:07:50 AM »
Zombie kit? Should be a single shot pistol or a cyanide pill to kill one's self if zombies every did occur. I don't want to be living if zombies take over the place.

Sorry, but I think you are a little too late.  They've been here for quite a while.  Proof?  http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=4a6YdNmK77k

stay safe.
If cowardly and dishonorable men sometimes shoot unarmed men with army pistols or guns, the evil must be prevented by the penitentiary and gallows, and not by a general deprivation of a constitutional privilege.

Hey you kids!! Get off my lawn!!!

They keep making this eternal vigilance thing harder and harder.  Protecting the 2nd amendment is like playing PACMAN - there's no pause button so you can go to the bathroom.

MrsSmith

• I do declare, someone needs an ass whoopin'
  • friend
« Reply #11 on: August 05, 2012, 10:27:54 AM »
I'm with Ben. We should be putting our knowledge and skills to good use and turning a profit here.
America is at that awkward stage; It's too late to work within the system, but too early to shoot the bastards. ~ Claire Wolfe

MechAg94

• friend
« Reply #12 on: August 05, 2012, 09:23:49 PM »
If you have $24K to throw around, don't you think you could afford top of the line night vision gear?  It looked like what they had was more average.  (still more than I can afford)

Also, what is with the first aide kit for Zombie bites? 
“It is much more important to kill bad bills than to pass good ones.”  ― Calvin Coolidge

Regolith

• friend
« Reply #13 on: August 05, 2012, 10:15:39 PM »
Also, what is with the first aide kit for Zombie bites? 

???

What does it consist of, a box of ammunition with instructions to  apply cranially?  [ar15]
The price of freedom is eternal vigilance. - Thomas Jefferson

Necessity is the plea for every infringement of human freedom. It is the argument of tyrants; it is the creed of slaves. - William Pitt the Younger

Perfectly symmetrical violence never solved anything. - Professor Hubert J. Farnsworth

T.O.M.

• friend
« Reply #14 on: August 06, 2012, 10:06:24 AM »
lupinous has it right.  If money was no object for me, I'd buy one.  But, I'd want to do it in person so I could watch the reaction.  It's a fun marketing tool, though.  Love the idea of getting research equipment to cure the zombies...
No, I'm not mtnbkr.  ;)

a.k.a. "our resident Legal Smeagol."...thanks BryanP
"Anybody can give legal advice - but only licensed attorneys can sell it."...vaskidmark

Fly320s

• friend
  • Formerly, Arthur, King of the Britons
« Reply #15 on: August 06, 2012, 10:10:27 AM »
My local gun shop had a barrel of 5.56 for sale. IIRC, it was 12,000 rounds for about $3,500.  I seriously considered buying it just to have it.    :O  =D
Islamic sex dolls.  Do they blow themselves up?