Author Topic: Zombie Invasion at Counter-Terrorism Conference  (Read 1268 times)

Ben

• Administrator
  • I'm an Extremist!
Zombie Invasion at Counter-Terrorism Conference
« on: September 19, 2012, 09:43:15 AM »
"I'm a foolish old man that has been drawn into a wild goose chase by a harpy in trousers and a nincompoop."

RevDisk

• friend
    • RevDisk.net
Re: Zombie Invasion at Counter-Terrorism Conference
« Reply #1 on: September 19, 2012, 10:10:40 AM »

At least they are announcing it. Be hilarious if a couple zombie actors got shot in the head for crashing a counterterrorism junket.
"Rev, your picture is in my King James Bible, where Paul talks about "inventors of evil."  Yes, I know you'll take that as a compliment."  - Fistful, possibly highest compliment I've ever received.

Jamisjockey

• Booze-fueled paragon of pointless cruelty and wanton sadism
  • friend
  • Your mom sends me care packages
« Reply #2 on: September 19, 2012, 12:35:21 PM »
At least they are announcing it. Be hilarious if a couple zombie actors got shot in the head for crashing a counterterrorism junket.

That would be so much win.

Anyone ever see the guy playing zombie in the hood? Someone pulls a gun on him it's awesome.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=rfAe2Mr9kpA&feature=youtube_gdata_player
JD

The price of a lottery ticket seems to be the maximum most folks are willing to risk toward the dream of becoming a one-percenter. “Robert Hollis”

vaskidmark

• National Anthem Snob
  • friends
  • WTF?
« Reply #3 on: September 19, 2012, 01:03:39 PM »

That would be so much win.

Anyone ever see the guy playing zombie in the hood? Someone pulls a gun on him it's awesome.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=rfAe2Mr9kpA&feature=youtube_gdata_player

In addition to mock terrorism scenarios featuring rural and urban environments, Barker said zombies worthy of Hollywood sets will recreate an emergency that will test how law enforcement officials and first-responders react to crises in real-time while sharing mission critical information.

Unless someone can convince cops and other first responders that having their duty weapons and any personal firearms carried checked, double-checked and all live ammo replaced with simunitions is "just like reality" there is no way they are going to get any sense of how said cops and first responders react - we all know the first response to seeing Zed stumbling through the doors or crashing through the windows is not going to be getting out the old autograph book or even cranking up the cellphone camera.

We really need to ask Fitz how that recent active shooter training in his neck of the woods ended.

stay safe.
If cowardly and dishonorable men sometimes shoot unarmed men with army pistols or guns, the evil must be prevented by the penitentiary and gallows, and not by a general deprivation of a constitutional privilege.

Hey you kids!! Get off my lawn!!!

They keep making this eternal vigilance thing harder and harder.  Protecting the 2nd amendment is like playing PACMAN - there's no pause button so you can go to the bathroom.

erictank

• friends
« Reply #4 on: September 19, 2012, 02:07:03 PM »
Me, I'm wondering about this part: "The zombies, of course, won’t be real, but Barker said the same techniques, tactics and procedures that state and local authorities will glean from the exercise are very similar to the skills they’ll need when responding to an act of terrorism, natural disaster or pandemic."

There's one, count it ONE correct response to the zombpocalypse - shoot every walker (or otherwise deal them fatal damage) in the head. How's that going to translate to an "act of terrorism, natural disaster or pandemic", where most of the beings you encounter WON'T be hungering for your brains?

Or are cops now expecting to have to head-shot most people they encounter in those situations?

Tallpine

• friends
  • Grumpy Old Grandpa
« Reply #5 on: September 19, 2012, 02:12:54 PM »
The zombies will be disappointed if they are after the cops' brains  :P

=D
Freedom is a heavy load, a great and strange burden for the spirit to undertake. It is not easy. It is not a gift given, but a choice made, and the choice may be a hard one. The road goes upward toward the light; but the laden traveller may never reach the end of it.  - Ursula Le Guin