Author Topic: Zimmerman -- again  (Read 21610 times)

Hawkmoon

• friend
Zimmerman -- again
« on: January 10, 2015, 12:22:52 PM »
WTF is wrong with this guy?

http://www.reuters.com/article/2015/01/10/us-usa-florida-zimmerman-idUSKBN0KJ0FW20150110

He gets himself acquitted of murder, divorces his wife, moves in with a girlfriend then (allegedly) threatens her with a gun. He walks because she withdrew the allegation ... and now he's back in jail and charged with domestic abuse. I wonder if it's the same woman, or if he latched onto a thind sucker.
- - - - - - - - - - - - -
100% Politically Incorrect by Design

Jamisjockey

• Booze-fueled paragon of pointless cruelty and wanton sadism
  • friend
  • Your mom sends me care packages
Re: Zimmerman -- again
« Reply #1 on: January 10, 2015, 12:25:44 PM »
WTF is wrong with this guy?

http://www.reuters.com/article/2015/01/10/us-usa-florida-zimmerman-idUSKBN0KJ0FW20150110

He gets himself acquitted of murder, divorces his wife, moves in with a girlfriend then (allegedly) threatens her with a gun. He walks because she withdrew the allegation ... and now he's back in jail and charged with domestic abuse. I wonder if it's the same woman, or if he latched onto a thind sucker.

I'm betting it's the same GF.
JD

The price of a lottery ticket seems to be the maximum most folks are willing to risk toward the dream of becoming a one-percenter. “Robert Hollis”

Brad Johnson

• friend
  • Witty, charming, handsome, and completely insane.
« Reply #2 on: January 10, 2015, 01:22:51 PM »
They guy definitely has anger management issues. Wouldn't surprise me in the least if he eventually winds up in the pokey for doing something terminally stupid.

Brad
It's all about the pancakes, people.
"And he thought cops wouldn't chase... a STOLEN DONUT TRUCK???? That would be like Willie Nelson ignoring a pickup full of weed."
-HankB

Phyphor

• friend
« Reply #3 on: January 10, 2015, 01:45:31 PM »
Oh good god, just go become a hermit already, you fat jackass!  :facepalm:
"You know what's messed-up about taxes?
You don't even pay taxes. They take tax.
You get your check, money gone.
That ain't a payment, that's a jack." - Chris Rock "Bigger and Blacker"
He slapped his rifle. "This is one of the best arguments for peace there is. Nobody wants to shoot if somebody is going to shoot back. " Callaghen, Callaghen, Louis La'mour

lupinus

• Southern Mod Trimutive Emeritus
  • friends
Re:
« Reply #4 on: January 10, 2015, 01:58:17 PM »
Jackass. Stupid, *expletive deleted*ing, Jackass. If he was smart he'd write a book or something and find a little hole in a sparsely populated hole somewhere out west.

Instead he'he's doing pretty much everything he can to prove he's a *expletive deleted*ing moron.
That is all. *expletive deleted*ck you all, eat *expletive deleted*it, and die in a fire. I have considered writing here a long parting section dedicated to each poster, but I have decided, at length, against it. *expletive deleted*ck you all and Hail Satan.

Ben

• Administrator
  • I'm an Extremist!
« Reply #5 on: January 10, 2015, 02:59:08 PM »
I request permission to take back my original statement about him needing to disappear into small town America and lay low. At this point he needs to go live in a cave, and someone needs to seal him in.

He is also terrible at choosing girlfriends, or as someone here mentioned the last time he was in trouble, he likely doesn't have a great pool to choose from anymore, given that smart women probably think, "not with a ten foot pole". Tough luck, but that's the way it goes. Stay celibate then, or else put on a fake nose and mustache and visit a hooker once in a while.

The Fox News article mentioned that he told reporters that he is "homeless and broke". He told them this at a gun show. If you're broke, stay away from the gun shows. Use that money for food or a roof over your head.

While none of this changes the evidence that exonerated him in the Martin case, I think he will go down as the worst example in history of a responsible and "normal" CCW holder. Everything he has done since the case will be used by the MSM as "the kind of people gun owners are".
"I'm a foolish old man that has been drawn into a wild goose chase by a harpy in trousers and a nincompoop."

Phyphor

• friend
« Reply #6 on: January 10, 2015, 03:29:46 PM »
Homeless and broke....at a gun show??!?

"You know what's messed-up about taxes?
You don't even pay taxes. They take tax.
You get your check, money gone.
That ain't a payment, that's a jack." - Chris Rock "Bigger and Blacker"
He slapped his rifle. "This is one of the best arguments for peace there is. Nobody wants to shoot if somebody is going to shoot back. " Callaghen, Callaghen, Louis La'mour

230RN

• saw it coming.
  • friend
  • ...shall not be allowed.
« Reply #7 on: January 10, 2015, 03:39:11 PM »
I request permission to take back my original statement about him needing to disappear into small town America and lay low. At this point he needs to go live in a cave, and someone needs to seal him in.

He is also terrible at choosing girlfriends, or as someone here mentioned the last time he was in trouble, he likely doesn't have a great pool to choose from anymore, given that smart women probably think, "not with a ten foot pole". Tough luck, but that's the way it goes. Stay celibate then, or else put on a fake nose and mustache and visit a hooker once in a while.

The Fox News article mentioned that he told reporters that he is "homeless and broke". He told them this at a gun show. If you're broke, stay away from the gun shows. Use that money for food or a roof over your head.

While none of this changes the evidence that exonerated him in the Martin case, I think he will go down as the worst example in history of a responsible and "normal" CCW holder. Everything he has done since the case will be used by the MSM as "the kind of people gun owners are".

Amen.  Or, as the accepted approval meme goes, +1.

You suppose a few of us could get him into an intervention session?

Terry
WHATEVER YOUR DEFINITION OF "INFRINGE " IS, YOU SHOULDN'T BE DOING IT.

French G.

• friend
  • ohhh sparkles!
« Reply #8 on: January 10, 2015, 03:50:55 PM »
Homeless and broke....at a gun show??!?

Probably doing appearances for money. That and a book were how Randy Weaver got by after being railed by the man.
AKA Navy Joe   

I'm so contrarian that I didn't respond to the thread.

Jamisjockey

• friend
« Reply #9 on: January 10, 2015, 04:20:00 PM »
Autographs?  They probably stuck him in between the guy selling jerky and the nazi gear guy.
JD

The price of a lottery ticket seems to be the maximum most folks are willing to risk toward the dream of becoming a one-percenter. “Robert Hollis”

makattak

• Dark Lord of the Cis
  • friend
Re: Re: Zimmerman -- again
« Reply #10 on: January 10, 2015, 05:25:25 PM »
I'm not ready to condemn the man. He's been through assault, having to kill to protect himself and a wrongful trial as well as the media trying to destroy him. (And if not fully destroyed, they have seriously damaged his life.)

One might be a little angry after that.
I wish the Ring had never come to me. I wish none of this had happened.

So do all who live to see such times. But that is not for them to decide. All we have to decide is what to do with the time that is given to us. There are other forces at work in this world, Frodo, besides the will of evil. Bilbo was meant to find the Ring. In which case, you also were meant to have it. And that is an encouraging thought

Ben

• Administrator
  • I'm an Extremist!
« Reply #11 on: January 10, 2015, 05:53:50 PM »
I'm not ready to condemn the man. He's been through assault, having to kill to protect himself and a wrongful trial as well as the media trying to destroy him. (And if not fully destroyed, they have seriously damaged his life.)

I was willing to think that way the first time, in fact it sounded like the ex may have been in a catbird seat holding the threat of 911 over him for the smallest slight. This is (at least) strike three though. He needs to, at the very, least find new people to associate with.
"I'm a foolish old man that has been drawn into a wild goose chase by a harpy in trousers and a nincompoop."

vaskidmark

• National Anthem Snob
  • friends
  • WTF?
« Reply #12 on: January 10, 2015, 06:09:01 PM »

One might be a whole lot angry, but one ought to learn how to control one's anger so that it does not express itself by hitting one's girlfriend, pointing guns at one' girlfriend while threatening to shoot said girlfriend, or throwing wine bottles (even if it were "Thunderbird" which I hear it was not) at one's girlfriend, thus finding one's self spending so much time with cops and judges.

You know, I'm starting to see a pattern there - besides the anger thing.

Would George be better off going gay and getting himself a boyfriend?

I'm losing a lot of the sympathy I used to think I had for the guy and what he's been put through.  Along with everything else he claims to be suffering from PTSD; I just don't recall him doing anything except suffering.  (Not bragging, but the VA says I am 50% disabled by PTSD.  I quit suffering from it (most of the time) by learning how to cope with it over time so I was coming across as socially appropriate more often than not.  I'm far from "cured" but can pass most of the time without it being blatantly obviious my head is messed up.)  Maybe George needs to be sat down like I was and have it explained to him that the way he is going is not "acceptable".

stay safe.
If cowardly and dishonorable men sometimes shoot unarmed men with army pistols or guns, the evil must be prevented by the penitentiary and gallows, and not by a general deprivation of a constitutional privilege.

Hey you kids!! Get off my lawn!!!

They keep making this eternal vigilance thing harder and harder.  Protecting the 2nd amendment is like playing PACMAN - there's no pause button so you can go to the bathroom.

RoadKingLarry

• friends
« Reply #13 on: January 10, 2015, 07:44:07 PM »

I'm thinking some PTSD going on. First he had to kill someone in self defense then he was pretty well crucified in the media and damn near railroaded for murder. He's also had numerous credible death threats and I'm also betting that there are people that are in fact "out to get him".
He needs to drop off the face of the world for a decade or so. He will be forgotten eventually.
If ye love wealth better than liberty, the tranquility of servitude better than the animating contest of freedom, go home from us in peace. We ask not your counsels or your arms. Crouch down and lick the hands which feed you. May your chains set lightly upon you, and may posterity forget that you were our countrymen.

Samuel Adams

Perd Hapley

• Superstar of the Internet
  • friend
  • My prepositions are on/in
« Reply #14 on: January 10, 2015, 07:59:33 PM »
Probably doing appearances for money. That and a book were how Randy Weaver got by after being railed by the man.

That, or he goes to gun shows because it's the only place he gets any appreciation.

I think we can sympathize with the bad hand he's been dealt in life, but also resent the way he's made all of us look bad with his antics. There's a "pattern" going on (especially if you count his legal troubles pre-Trayvon), but it's a pattern that's only gotten worse since Trayvon Martin and company screwed up his life.
"Doggies are angel babies!" -- my wife

Hawkmoon

• friend
« Reply #15 on: January 10, 2015, 09:37:55 PM »
You suppose a few of us could get him into an intervention session?

As in blanket party?

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=f7mJM2Gt3fA
« Last Edit: January 10, 2015, 09:44:56 PM by Hawkmoon »

Headless Thompson Gunner

• friend
« Reply #16 on: January 11, 2015, 12:34:31 AM »
Is there any evidence of Zimmerman having these sorts of behavioral problems before Treyvon curb-stomped him?

Hawkmoon

• friend
« Reply #17 on: January 11, 2015, 12:42:09 AM »
^^^ I wondered about that myself.

Perd Hapley

• Superstar of the Internet
  • friend
  • My prepositions are on/in
« Reply #18 on: January 11, 2015, 12:47:46 AM »
Is there any evidence of Zimmerman having these sorts of behavioral problems before Treyvon curb-stomped him?

I can't recall if there were domestic violence issues, but there was something about him getting into it with a cop.
"Doggies are angel babies!" -- my wife

cassandra and sara's daddy

• friends
« Reply #19 on: January 11, 2015, 12:49:05 AM »
Yea he shoved an abc agent when she was busting his friend. He plead it down though

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk
It is much more powerful to seek Truth for one's self.  Seeing and hearing that others seem to have found it can be a motivation.  With me, I was drawn because of much error and bad judgment on my part. Confronting one's own errors and bad judgment is a very life altering situation.  Confronting the errors and bad judgment of others is usually hypocrisy.

by someone older and wiser than I

freakazoid

• friend
« Reply #20 on: January 11, 2015, 05:36:57 AM »
One might be a whole lot angry, but one ought to learn how to control one's anger so that it does not express itself by hitting one's girlfriend, pointing guns at one' girlfriend while threatening to shoot said girlfriend, or throwing wine bottles (even if it were "Thunderbird" which I hear it was not) at one's girlfriend, thus finding one's self spending so much time with cops and judges.

Did any of these things get proved or are they all accusations made by the girlfriend?
"so I ended up getting the above because I didn't want to make a whole production of sticking something between my knees and cranking. To me, the cranking on mine is pretty effortless, at least on the coarse setting. Maybe if someone has arthritis or something, it would be more difficult for them." - Ben

"I see a rager at least once a week." - brimic

vaskidmark

• National Anthem Snob
  • friends
  • WTF?
« Reply #21 on: January 11, 2015, 07:48:48 AM »
Did any of these things get proved or are they all accusations made by the girlfriend?

My comment was that GZ seems to attract a lot of attention surrounding the same issue(s).  Add to that his public statements about PTSD that sound an awful lot like "It's not my fault, I have a disease".  The fact that the GF keeps (2 times now) going back to him after making then withdrawing charges makes me, at least, think of "Battered Girl Friend Syndrome".

Hauptmann was convicted on less circumstantial evidnce than is here.  It's the Court of Public Opinion, and unless there is something seriously wrong GZ ought to know that's where he has been finding himself of late.  Unless he's close kin to Joe Btfsplk one (me, among apparently others) would think he'd take some action to stay away from the spotlight - and I just don't see that happening.

For the record, the only way I can see a charge of aggravated assault for throwing a wine bottle at the GF was if it was something a lot better than Two Buck Chuck and it spilled.

stay safe.
If cowardly and dishonorable men sometimes shoot unarmed men with army pistols or guns, the evil must be prevented by the penitentiary and gallows, and not by a general deprivation of a constitutional privilege.

Hey you kids!! Get off my lawn!!!

They keep making this eternal vigilance thing harder and harder.  Protecting the 2nd amendment is like playing PACMAN - there's no pause button so you can go to the bathroom.

Jamisjockey

• friend
« Reply #22 on: January 11, 2015, 09:18:55 AM »
GZ was probably a tool and a fool before the Martin shooting.  And if the media hadn't jumped all over the incident as if it were some sort of racially motivated lynching, we'd never have known his name.  Even a blind squirrel finds a nut once in a while.  GZ is probably a dick, and the fact that the martin shooting was justified is neither here nor there in his pathetic existence. 
JD

T.O.M.

• friend
« Reply #23 on: January 11, 2015, 04:22:30 PM »
A long time back, when the shooting was the subject of some debate around here, a lot of us pointed out that Zimmerman made bad decisions which ultimately put him in the position where the shooting occurred.  Looks like bad decisions may be par for thecourse for Zimmerman.

If I was him, a single man who went through the trial and was acquitted, I would have moved to a different state in a smaller community, changed my name as soon as legally possible, and started a new life.  But, he has shown us he makes poor choices by the pound...
No, I'm not mtnbkr.  ;)

a.k.a. "our resident Legal Smeagol."...thanks BryanP
"Anybody can give legal advice - but only licensed attorneys can sell it."...vaskidmark

HankB

• friend
« Reply #24 on: January 11, 2015, 05:46:09 PM »
Even though I thought - and still think! - Zimmerman was innocent of the charges brought in the Trayvon Martin shooting, from the outset I didn't think he was exactly a poster boy for MENSA.

Various police departments - and others - are probably keeping a VERY close eye on him, and won't cut him ANY slack if he even comes close to the line, let alone steps over it. He should understand that, and if he doesn't his lawyer should have explained it to him.

In detail. He's in a sort of real-life "double secret probation" situation - a marked man.

Yet he keeps having these run-ins.

Idiot.   :facepalm:
Trump won in 2016. Democrats haven't been so offended since Republicans came along and freed their slaves.
Sometimes I wonder if the world is being run by smart people who are putting us on, or by imbeciles who really mean it. - Mark Twain
Government is a broker in pillage, and every election is a sort of advance auction in stolen goods. - H.L. Mencken
Patriotism is supporting your country all the time, and your government when it deserves it. - Mark Twain