Author Topic: Zimmerman -- again  (Read 21609 times)

makattak

• Dark Lord of the Cis
  • friend
Re: Zimmerman -- again
« Reply #25 on: January 12, 2015, 09:19:23 AM »
GZ was probably a tool and a fool before the Martin shooting.  And if the media hadn't jumped all over the incident as if it were some sort of racially motivated lynching, we'd never have known his name.  Even a blind squirrel finds a nut once in a while.  GZ is probably a dick, and the fact that the martin shooting was justified is neither here nor there in his pathetic existence. 
Even though I thought - and still think! - Zimmerman was innocent of the charges brought in the Trayvon Martin shooting, from the outset I didn't think he was exactly a poster boy for MENSA.

Various police departments - and others - are probably keeping a VERY close eye on him, and won't cut him ANY slack if he even comes close to the line, let alone steps over it. He should understand that, and if he doesn't his lawyer should have explained it to him.

In detail. He's in a sort of real-life "double secret probation" situation - a marked man.

Yet he keeps having these run-ins.

Idiot.   :facepalm:

A long time back, when the shooting was the subject of some debate around here, a lot of us pointed out that Zimmerman made bad decisions which ultimately put him in the position where the shooting occurred.  Looks like bad decisions may be par for thecourse for Zimmerman.

If I was him, a single man who went through the trial and was acquitted, I would have moved to a different state in a smaller community, changed my name as soon as legally possible, and started a new life.  But, he has shown us he makes poor choices by the pound...

Seriously? He doesn't deserve all this hate. The man is clearly of average or maybe slightly below average intelligence. Look at the jobs he has held (that we've been made painfully aware of from the press digging into his life so that EVERY DETAIL is meticulously examined.)

Prior to the lynch mobbing he received, he had ONE (1) run-in with the police. And the police were more than willing to allow him to plead down. It doesn't sound like he was violently attacking a police officer and may have been a misunderstanding.

He was attempting to help his community. Let me say that again, this average joe- poor, supporting himself, average joe- was trying to act to help keep thefts down in his community and RIGHTFULLY recognized Mr. Martin as a threat to his community. (I think the choir boy was casing some homes to support his habits.)

The man made some mistakes, much of it from misunderstanding the instructions relayed to him, because he was trying to be helpful.

Since being assaulted for attempting to help his community, he's had his life destroyed, his marriage ended, and a media hounding him that continues to hound him because they want his blood for their god.

He's not an idiot. He's an average guy who's been put in a situation that is way over his capabilities to handle.

Yes, all of us would have handled the initial situation and the aftermath differently, but all of us are above average intelligence, and most significantly so.
I wish the Ring had never come to me. I wish none of this had happened.

So do all who live to see such times. But that is not for them to decide. All we have to decide is what to do with the time that is given to us. There are other forces at work in this world, Frodo, besides the will of evil. Bilbo was meant to find the Ring. In which case, you also were meant to have it. And that is an encouraging thought

cassandra and sara's daddy

• friends
« Reply #26 on: January 12, 2015, 09:27:28 AM »
The one run in was a moron move and if his daddy wasn't a judge his outcome likely woulda been very different.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk
It is much more powerful to seek Truth for one's self.  Seeing and hearing that others seem to have found it can be a motivation.  With me, I was drawn because of much error and bad judgment on my part. Confronting one's own errors and bad judgment is a very life altering situation.  Confronting the errors and bad judgment of others is usually hypocrisy.

by someone older and wiser than I

makattak

• Dark Lord of the Cis
  • friend
« Reply #27 on: January 12, 2015, 09:33:19 AM »
The one run in was a moron move and if his daddy wasn't a judge his outcome likely woulda been very different.

Probably. But it was still just the one. A man Zimmerman's age, were he inclined to such stupidity would have had several more interactions by now.
I wish the Ring had never come to me. I wish none of this had happened.

So do all who live to see such times. But that is not for them to decide. All we have to decide is what to do with the time that is given to us. There are other forces at work in this world, Frodo, besides the will of evil. Bilbo was meant to find the Ring. In which case, you also were meant to have it. And that is an encouraging thought

Headless Thompson Gunner

• friend
« Reply #28 on: January 12, 2015, 09:40:21 AM »
He's not an idiot. He's an average guy who's been put in a situation that is way over his capabilities to handle.
I think this is a very good point.  The challenges he's been put through are well beyond what most people could handle.

Ben

• Administrator
  • I'm an Extremist!
« Reply #29 on: January 12, 2015, 10:11:49 AM »
I think this is a very good point.  The challenges he's been put through are well beyond what most people could handle.

I don't think anyone here disagrees with that. After this many problems though, his attorneys, and/or people that care about him, should have been STRONGLY urging him to make some changes. If nothing else, he absolutely should have left Florida. If he's really doing gun shows as a "celebrity" for money, he could do them from anywhere.

In fact there are plenty of areas of the country where he might be looked at in the "hero" sense (or at least would have been a year ago) where he might be welcomed and offered a job. For that matter, I bet there are a bunch of websites that would take him as a contributor in an instant. He could do that from anywhere. Not that I would recommend that line of work to him. I still believe he needs  to lay low. Or have one book ghost written and call it good.
"I'm a foolish old man that has been drawn into a wild goose chase by a harpy in trousers and a nincompoop."

Jamisjockey

• Booze-fueled paragon of pointless cruelty and wanton sadism
  • friend
  • Your mom sends me care packages
« Reply #30 on: January 12, 2015, 10:16:55 AM »
Why the Zimmerman hate?
Well most people concede first that his pursuit of Martin was ill thought.  Following a suspicious individual through the dark isn't the brightest move.  (Of course, this is NO EXCUSE for Martin attacking him!).  But then in the aftermath of the trial, he seems to have had dubious at best relationships.  And when you're in the limelight the way he is, anything that brings you back to the limelight is bad.
(Except maybe when he came to the aid of the family in the car crash).
JD

The price of a lottery ticket seems to be the maximum most folks are willing to risk toward the dream of becoming a one-percenter. “Robert Hollis”

• friends
« Reply #31 on: January 12, 2015, 10:25:58 AM »
I don't hate him I feel bad for him. I know a couple dozen guys like him. They go from crisis to crisis till one of them killers em or they go to jail. The most important decision you can make is often when not to be somewhere. Know when it's time to leave and don't reinvest in bad decisions. Especially the same bad decision

It is much more powerful to seek Truth for one's self.  Seeing and hearing that others seem to have found it can be a motivation.  With me, I was drawn because of much error and bad judgment on my part. Confronting one's own errors and bad judgment is a very life altering situation.  Confronting the errors and bad judgment of others is usually hypocrisy.

Jamisjockey

• friend
« Reply #32 on: January 12, 2015, 10:44:19 AM »
I don't hate him I feel bad for him. I know a couple dozen guys like him. They go from crisis to crisis till one of them killers em or they go to jail. The most important decision you can make is often when not to be somewhere. Know when it's time to leave and don't reinvest in bad decisions. Especially the same bad decision

Often seems to involve the "fairer" sex....
JD

The price of a lottery ticket seems to be the maximum most folks are willing to risk toward the dream of becoming a one-percenter. “Robert Hollis”

roo_ster

• Kakistocracy--It's What's For Dinner.
  • friend
  • Hoist the black flag, and begin slitting throats
« Reply #33 on: January 12, 2015, 10:55:18 AM »
I would not mind if he had a lower profile and eschewed dumbass trashy behavior.
Regards,

roo_ster

“Fallacies do not cease to be fallacies because they become fashions.”
----G.K. Chesterton

• friends
« Reply #34 on: January 12, 2015, 10:59:55 AM »

Often seems to involve the "fairer" sex....

That's pretty typical of the guys I know
Women ain't nothin but trouble

Phyphor

• friend
« Reply #35 on: January 12, 2015, 04:22:05 PM »
I would not mind if he had a lower profile and eschewed dumbass trashy behavior.

Preach it, brother.
"You know what's messed-up about taxes?
You don't even pay taxes. They take tax.
You get your check, money gone.
That ain't a payment, that's a jack." - Chris Rock "Bigger and Blacker"
He slapped his rifle. "This is one of the best arguments for peace there is. Nobody wants to shoot if somebody is going to shoot back. " Callaghen, Callaghen, Louis La'mour

Balog

• Unrepentant race traitor
  • friends
  • What if we tried more?
« Reply #36 on: January 12, 2015, 04:24:12 PM »
Probably doing appearances for money. That and a book were how Randy Weaver got by after being railed by the man.

Randy Weaver wrote a book?
Quote from: French G.
I was always pleasant, friendly and within arm's reach of a gun.

Quote from: Standing Wolf
If government is the answer, it must have been a really, really, really stupid question.

Jamisjockey

• friend
JD

RoadKingLarry

• friends
« Reply #38 on: January 12, 2015, 09:31:14 PM »
Prior to the lynch mobbing he received, he had ONE (1) run-in with the police. And the police were more than willing to allow him to plead down. It doesn't sound like he was violently attacking a police officer and may have been a misunderstanding. 

We've even had one of our own APSers get crossways of LE not so long ago.
If ye love wealth better than liberty, the tranquility of servitude better than the animating contest of freedom, go home from us in peace. We ask not your counsels or your arms. Crouch down and lick the hands which feed you. May your chains set lightly upon you, and may posterity forget that you were our countrymen.

Samuel Adams

Perd Hapley

• Superstar of the Internet
  • friend
  • My prepositions are on/in
« Reply #39 on: January 13, 2015, 12:06:59 AM »
We've even had one of our own APSers get crossways of LE not so long ago.

Two that spring to mind. Three, counting CSD's misspent youth.
"Doggies are angel babies!" -- my wife

Balog

• friends
  • What if we tried more?
« Reply #40 on: January 13, 2015, 03:06:09 AM »
If I wasn't on a freaking federal list before....

That's surprisingly affordable, I should get a copy.

I hope the family has been able to move on, and aren't still living in the shadow of the Feds murdering two of them.

If government is the answer, it must have been a really, really, really stupid question.

MikeB

• friend
« Reply #41 on: January 13, 2015, 05:28:08 AM »

This is a perfect example of the "myths" about Zimmerman that probably lead to some of the hate. His father had been a Magistrate from somewhere in Virginia, not a Judge and would have had nothing to do with charges in FL.

Of course that doesn't mean Zimmerman has acted pretty stupidly in some circumstances.

• friends
« Reply #42 on: January 13, 2015, 11:27:23 AM »
Daddy knew how the system works. It's real important and it's a portable talent. It pays off too,. Look at that bishop who killed the guy drunk. Good legal tactics last time will greatly improve her outcome this time

Ron

• friends
  • Like a tree planted by the rivers of water
    • What I believe ...
« Reply #43 on: January 13, 2015, 10:23:38 PM »
Daddy knew how the system works. It's real important and it's a portable talent. It pays off too,. Look at that bishop who killed the guy drunk. Good legal tactics last time will greatly improve her outcome this time

Zimmermans white privilege
For the invisible things of him since the creation of the world are clearly seen, being perceived through the things that are made, even his everlasting power and divinity, that they may be without excuse. Because knowing God, they didn’t glorify him as God, and didn’t give thanks, but became vain in their reasoning, and their senseless heart was darkened. Professing themselves to be wise, they became fools.

Balog

• friends
  • What if we tried more?
« Reply #44 on: January 14, 2015, 01:36:08 AM »
This does nothing for the credibility of the hypothesis that one cannot flim flam the zim zam.

bedlamite

• Hold my beer and watch this!
  • friend
  • Ack! PLBTTPHBT!
« Reply #45 on: January 30, 2015, 07:09:49 PM »
A plan is just a list of things that doesn't happen.
Is defenestration possible through the overton window?

Fitz

• Face-melter
  • friend
  • Floyd Rose is my homeboy
    • My Book
« Reply #46 on: January 30, 2015, 07:18:35 PM »
This does nothing for the credibility of the hypothesis that one cannot flim flam the zim zam.

I came in here to post this, and you've done it.

Well done

People should just stop trying to simmer the zimmer.

It's as futile as trying to corner the Dorner.
Fitz

---------------
I have reached a conclusion regarding every member of this forum.
I no longer respect any of you. I hope the following offends you as much as this thread has offended me:
You are all awful people. I mean this *expletive deleted*ing seriously.

-MicroBalrog

Ben

• Administrator
  • I'm an Extremist!
« Reply #47 on: January 30, 2015, 08:10:41 PM »
And I suppose this lends weight to my theory that he has an incredibly poor psychogirl-sensor. I suppose it could still be that he's a closet abuser and threatened all the girlfriends into dropping charges, but it just seems more likely that the girlfriends have all been whack and have been using his precarious legal position to manipulate him.

I say again: Zimmerman! Give up on women and go live in the sticks. At least for the next ten or so years.
"I'm a foolish old man that has been drawn into a wild goose chase by a harpy in trousers and a nincompoop."

• friends
« Reply #48 on: January 30, 2015, 08:24:45 PM »

Hawkmoon

• friend
« Reply #49 on: January 31, 2015, 01:06:45 AM »
The video won't play for me ...
- - - - - - - - - - - - -
100% Politically Incorrect by Design