Author Topic: Zimmerman -- again  (Read 21612 times)

cassandra and sara's daddy

• friends
Re: Zimmerman -- again
« Reply #50 on: January 31, 2015, 01:32:21 AM »
I had to try twice
And it's abbreviated. The one I saw earlier had it start with her still in the car calm no tears

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk
It is much more powerful to seek Truth for one's self.  Seeing and hearing that others seem to have found it can be a motivation.  With me, I was drawn because of much error and bad judgment on my part. Confronting one's own errors and bad judgment is a very life altering situation.  Confronting the errors and bad judgment of others is usually hypocrisy.

by someone older and wiser than I

T.O.M.

• friend
« Reply #51 on: February 03, 2015, 10:44:59 AM »
If I was in his shoes, single man with no career ties to the area, who had just gone through a huge public trial because of a self-defense shooting, I would pack up and move out of the area.  Find somewhere far away.  Change my appearance.  Might even go through legal name change process.  Why?  First, there would be the worry that someone is gunning for me in revenge, whether because they knew Treyvon or because the voices in their head told them to get me.  Second, everything he does is going to be tainted by the shooting.  It's not George Zimmerman applying for a job, it's Treyvon Martin's shooter George Zimmerman applying for a job.  It's Treyvon Martin's shooter ordering pizza.  It's Treyvon Martin's shooter getting a speeding ticket.  Rather move to somewhere like Nelsonville, Ohio and become George Zimmers, that guy who used to live in Florida.
No, I'm not mtnbkr.  ;)

a.k.a. "our resident Legal Smeagol."...thanks BryanP
"Anybody can give legal advice - but only licensed attorneys can sell it."...vaskidmark

cassandra and sara's daddy

• friends
« Reply #52 on: February 03, 2015, 11:56:06 AM »
Sadly I think on a couple levels he likes being famous and exploits it. Milking his 15 mins

It is much more powerful to seek Truth for one's self.  Seeing and hearing that others seem to have found it can be a motivation.  With me, I was drawn because of much error and bad judgment on my part. Confronting one's own errors and bad judgment is a very life altering situation.  Confronting the errors and bad judgment of others is usually hypocrisy.

by someone older and wiser than I

Balog

• Unrepentant race traitor
  • friends
  • What if we tried more?
« Reply #53 on: February 03, 2015, 12:44:09 PM »
I came in here to post this, and you've done it.

Well done

People should just stop trying to simmer the zimmer.

It's as futile as trying to corner the Dorner.

Just send in the burners.
Quote from: French G.
I was always pleasant, friendly and within arm's reach of a gun.

Quote from: Standing Wolf
If government is the answer, it must have been a really, really, really stupid question.

T.O.M.

• friend
« Reply #54 on: February 03, 2015, 03:55:55 PM »
Sadly I think on a couple levels he likes being famous and exploits it. Milking his 15 mins

Probably true...
No, I'm not mtnbkr.  ;)

"Anybody can give legal advice - but only licensed attorneys can sell it."...vaskidmark

De Selby

• friend
« Reply #55 on: March 24, 2015, 06:52:59 AM »
http://www.orlandosentinel.com/news/trayvon-martin-george-zimmerman/os-george-zimmerman-reacts-doj-20150323-story.html

It's Obama's fault he keeps having a series of women call the cops on him.

Couldn't be that he's an aggressive *expletive deleted*che who instigates confrontations with people who've done nothing to him - that wouldn't be consistent with the Trayvon Martin shooting at all.

Not guilty was absolutely the right verdict at trial - because of an incompetent prosecution.   Had they charged and run death caused by criminally negligent stupidity instead of what they did, I'm not so sure Zimmerman would've beat the rap.
"Human existence being an hallucination containing in itself the secondary hallucinations of day and night (the latter an insanitary condition of the atmosphere due to accretions of black air) it ill becomes any man of sense to be concerned at the illusory approach of the supreme hallucination known as death."

K Frame

• friend
  • I Am Inimical
« Reply #56 on: March 24, 2015, 07:32:05 AM »
It was a big mistake that a lot of gunowners hang their hat on this guy.
Carbon Monoxide, sucking the life out of idiots, 'tards, and fools since man tamed fire.

Mannlicher

• Grumpy Old Gator
  • friend
  • The Bonnie Blue
« Reply #57 on: March 24, 2015, 08:19:05 AM »
no one in America has a bigger target on his back than George Zimmerman.  Is he perfect?  Well no. Prior to his lawful shooting of the Martin thug, he had a couple of incidents involving the po po.   Heck, I'd venture to guess that even some of OUR members here, have much the same in their background.
Zimmerman was spot on, in naming barack hussein as his most willful and egregious persecutor.   President of the Country has no business in getting involved in local issues such as this.  Race baiting at it's most disgusting.  Obama has a history of this crap though.  Remember his ill advised statements about the Professor Gates incident?

makattak

• Dark Lord of the Cis
  • friend
« Reply #58 on: March 24, 2015, 08:20:18 AM »
http://www.orlandosentinel.com/news/trayvon-martin-george-zimmerman/os-george-zimmerman-reacts-doj-20150323-story.html

It's Obama's fault he keeps having a series of women call the cops on him.

Couldn't be that he's an aggressive *expletive deleted*che who instigates confrontations with people who've done nothing to him - that wouldn't be consistent with the Trayvon Martin shooting at all.

Not guilty was absolutely the right verdict at trial - because of an incompetent prosecution.   Had they charged and run death caused by criminally negligent stupidity instead of what they did, I'm not so sure Zimmerman would've beat the rap.

Actually, it probably is.

The stress of having his life destroyed likely caused the break-up of his family, leading to these self-destructive tendencies caused by the stress and the sudden change in the pool of females who would be associated with him.

Oh, additionally, he was forced to kill someone to defend his own life and most humans are changed by that.

IF he were "an aggressive *expletive deleted*che who instigates confrontations with people who've done nothing to him", there would have been a rap sheet and witnesses to that effect. Instead he got nothing but praise from his neighbors.

As I said before, he's an average man tossed into the lion's den. Of COURSE he's not handling it well. There are few who would.

Incidentally, if your life were targeted for destruction by no less than the President of the United States who named your case personally as an example of racism, you might be a little angry, too.
« Last Edit: March 24, 2015, 08:25:43 AM by makattak »
I wish the Ring had never come to me. I wish none of this had happened.

So do all who live to see such times. But that is not for them to decide. All we have to decide is what to do with the time that is given to us. There are other forces at work in this world, Frodo, besides the will of evil. Bilbo was meant to find the Ring. In which case, you also were meant to have it. And that is an encouraging thought

Perd Hapley

• Superstar of the Internet
  • friend
  • My prepositions are on/in
« Reply #59 on: March 24, 2015, 08:20:20 AM »

Not consistent with the evidence at hand, no.

I'm sorry you were wrong about the Trayvon Martin case. Try not to be too obvious with the sour grapes.

On second thought, I shouldn't say that I'm sorry. Obviously, it's better that the survivor is not the one that assaulted someone that night, so we can be thankful for that. It's just too bad the young man had to throw away his life so readily.
« Last Edit: March 24, 2015, 09:01:12 AM by fistful »
"Doggies are angel babies!" -- my wife

makattak

• Dark Lord of the Cis
  • friend
« Reply #60 on: March 24, 2015, 08:24:42 AM »
Also, all the "aggressive *expletive deleted*ches" I know call the police and make sure they are on the way before they attack random people who "weren't doin' nothin'!"

So do all who live to see such times. But that is not for them to decide. All we have to decide is what to do with the time that is given to us. There are other forces at work in this world, Frodo, besides the will of evil. Bilbo was meant to find the Ring. In which case, you also were meant to have it. And that is an encouraging thought

cordex

• Administrator
« Reply #61 on: March 24, 2015, 10:14:26 AM »
Not guilty was absolutely the right verdict at trial

T.O.M.

• friend
« Reply #62 on: March 24, 2015, 10:29:35 AM »

Gonna stoke that fire again?   :lol:

I think DeSelby and I were arguing that he was going to be found guilty, not that he was guilty.  Personally, I just thought that the facts of the case (pursuing Martin when told not to) would make a jury convict despite the evidence of what happened otherwise (the assault leading up to the shooting).  As a gun owner, I am gladly wrong on that one.
No, I'm not mtnbkr.  ;)

RevDisk

• friend
    • RevDisk.net
« Reply #63 on: March 24, 2015, 11:43:05 AM »

I haven't seen anything to contradict my earlier impression. "He was marginally within the law, and a complete, utter fool."
"Rev, your picture is in my King James Bible, where Paul talks about "inventors of evil."  Yes, I know you'll take that as a compliment."  - Fistful, possibly highest compliment I've ever received.

Perd Hapley

• friend
« Reply #64 on: March 24, 2015, 01:35:45 PM »
Gonna stoke that fire again?   :lol:

I think DeSelby and I were arguing that he was going to be found guilty, not that he was guilty.  Personally, I just thought that the facts of the case (pursuing Martin when told not to) would make a jury convict despite the evidence of what happened otherwise (the assault leading up to the shooting).  As a gun owner, I am gladly wrong on that one.

Um, unless you were repeatedly claiming that Z looks like a sexual predator, while insisting that he was looking for a fight, I see a lot of daylight between you and DeSelby.

makattak

• Dark Lord of the Cis
  • friend
« Reply #65 on: March 24, 2015, 01:53:28 PM »

And, as I corrected you at the time, I will do so again, as the myth has persisted over the truth. Listen to the phone call- the dispatcher asks him which way he (Mr. Martin) ran and you hear the sound of the door opening and some breathing and she asks "are you following him?" Mr. Zimmerman replies "Yes." She then says "We don't need you to do that." To which he replies, "Ok."

First of all, that's not being told not to follow. Secondly, that's immediate acquiescence to her suggestion.

He got out of the car based on a misunderstanding of what the dispatcher was asking, not out of a desire to "get" Mr. Martin.

roo_ster

• Kakistocracy--It's What's For Dinner.
  • friend
  • Hoist the black flag, and begin slitting throats
« Reply #66 on: March 24, 2015, 02:00:51 PM »
And, as I corrected you at the time, I will do so again, as the myth has persisted over the truth. Listen to the phone call- the dispatcher asks him which way he (Mr. Martin) ran and you hear the sound of the door opening and some breathing and she asks "are you following him?" Mr. Zimmerman replies "Yes." She then says "We don't need you to do that." To which he replies, "Ok."

First of all, that's not being told not to follow. Secondly, that's immediate acquiescence to her suggestion.

He got out of the car based on a misunderstanding of what the dispatcher was asking, not out of a desire to "get" Mr. Martin.

Mr. Haven Monahan:

When you post such aggressive and hateful accusations, you rape the victim yet again.  Shame on you.

Sincerely,

Jackie
Regards,

roo_ster

“Fallacies do not cease to be fallacies because they become fashions.”
----G.K. Chesterton

Perd Hapley

• friend
« Reply #67 on: March 24, 2015, 05:53:31 PM »
I haven't seen anything to contradict my earlier impression. "He was marginally within the law, and a complete, utter fool."

What law(s) did he marginally follow, or marginally break?

T.O.M.

• friend
« Reply #68 on: March 24, 2015, 07:05:38 PM »
And here we go again...

I wrote a long respose and deleted it.  No need to rehash this. 
No, I'm not mtnbkr.  ;)

cordex

• Administrator
« Reply #69 on: March 24, 2015, 08:10:26 PM »
No need to rehash this. 
You are right, I just thought his comment was funny. Particularly in light of De Selby's previous certainty of conviction and the fact that as soon as the not guilty verdict came down he went into self-imposed exile.

De Selby

• friend
« Reply #70 on: March 24, 2015, 08:12:36 PM »
Yep - I'll just repeat what I said back then: so long as we all remember as gun owners not to pursue people who are running away from us, we got the important lesson from the case.

He was helped by an incompetent prosecution - they alleged racial animus (profiling) caused the shooting and produced zero evidence.  The charge was depraved heart murder.  The obvious charge, criminal negligence causing death, was an alternative introduced by the prosecutor (unheard of) at the end of it's case.

Had Zimmerman been tried on straight up "he made a stupid decision and the kid was right to fear mr wannabe" manslaughter case, the outcome might have been different.  

That's why it's always a bad idea, right wrong or indifferent, to give chase when you're armed.  Repeat it in your heads!  That's a case that gets to a jury, and you don't know what a jury will do with your version of events, even if you do kill the only other witness.

zimmerman  himself has had a string of encounters and 911 calls before the shooting that are consistent with all the drama since.  He has been accused of child molestation by a relative and of domestic violence before the case.  It's behaviour that is perfectly consistent with the idea that he tried to "citizens arrest" trayvon martin and then killed him when he resisted.  Not what I want in my neighbourhood.
"Human existence being an hallucination containing in itself the secondary hallucinations of day and night (the latter an insanitary condition of the atmosphere due to accretions of black air) it ill becomes any man of sense to be concerned at the illusory approach of the supreme hallucination known as death."

Balog

• Unrepentant race traitor
  • friends
  • What if we tried more?
« Reply #71 on: March 24, 2015, 08:20:27 PM »
9/10 on the trolling shootingstudent. Almost there, but you should've worked in accusations of racism against the people who are supporting him.
Quote from: French G.
I was always pleasant, friendly and within arm's reach of a gun.

Quote from: Standing Wolf
If government is the answer, it must have been a really, really, really stupid question.

Perd Hapley

• friend
« Reply #72 on: March 24, 2015, 08:38:01 PM »
I've seen two articles on this recent interview, and both make sure to mention that Z refers to the O as Barack HUSSEINZZZZ!!!11 Obama. I guess they now have proof that Z hates black people.  :laugh:

De Selby

• friend
« Reply #73 on: March 25, 2015, 12:53:49 AM »
I've seen two articles on this recent interview, and both make sure to mention that Z refers to the O as Barack HUSSEINZZZZ!!!11 Obama. I guess they now have proof that Z hates black people.  :laugh:

It's more the lack of taking responsibility for his problems that I see.  I'm sure being accused of rape at a family dinner by a blood relative caused some stress (that'd probably cause more stress than a SD shooting), and having run-ins with the police on DV calls affected his life before he was in the news.  From his dozens of 911 calls, he was also apparently stressed by all the strangers in his neighbourhood.

But no - none of that is the cause of his problems.  It's solely the trial - nevermind that his post trial antics and domestic violence problems are the same as his pre-trial ones.

Mannlicher

• Grumpy Old Gator
  • friend
  • The Bonnie Blue
« Reply #74 on: March 25, 2015, 08:22:46 AM »
none of which, has any bearing at all on what Zimmerman says about barack hussein.