Author Topic: International Media Services  (Read 438 times)

AZRedhawk44

• friends
International Media Services
« on: October 09, 2013, 12:40:59 AM »
http://www.imsnews.com/

Anyone here using these guys to get magazines?  What's been your experience with them?

I stumbled across an absolutely awesome guitar magazine at Barnes & Noble in August, called Guitar Techniques.  Unlike most guitar rags, it's NOT chock-full of amp, pedal and guitar full page ads.  It's full of actual content.  Caters to blues, classical, jazz, folk, rock and anything else... in each issue.  Comes with a DVD often with additional content.  Great lessons.

Only problem is the sticker price:  $15.99 for one issue on the newsstand.

I bought the August issue and I really liked it, so I subscribed on August 26th.  IMS was the vendor through whom I subscribed, because it's a Brit magazine rather than domestic.  IMS had the best price I could find.

I paid $118 for a 12 month subscription.  Painful, but less than $16+tax for each one when bought off the rack.

Problem is, it's now October 8th.  I haven't received my September issue yet.

I went and logged on to the IMS customer portal and they show my subscription ending on October of 2014, so maybe I missed the September cutoff for new customers, but I'm a bit miffed that I laid out $100 for a mag subscription and didn't get the next month's edition.
"But whether the Constitution really be one thing, or another, this much is certain - that it has either authorized such a government as we have had, or has been powerless to prevent it. In either case, it is unfit to exist."
--Lysander Spooner

I reject your authoritah!

vaskidmark

• National Anthem Snob
  • friends
  • WTF?
Re: International Media Services
« Reply #1 on: October 09, 2013, 04:58:53 AM »
Please allow 4 to 6 weeks.  Seems that's pretty standard no matter what you order.

So go back to B&N for your missed issue.

stay safe.
If cowardly and dishonorable men sometimes shoot unarmed men with army pistols or guns, the evil must be prevented by the penitentiary and gallows, and not by a general deprivation of a constitutional privilege.

Hey you kids!! Get off my lawn!!!

They keep making this eternal vigilance thing harder and harder.  Protecting the 2nd amendment is like playing PACMAN - there's no pause button so you can go to the bathroom.