Author Topic: Pharmacy Experience  (Read 482 times)

AZRedhawk44

• friends
Pharmacy Experience
« on: February 21, 2014, 07:19:50 PM »
Eff the pharmacy.

Eff the immigrants.

Eff everyone that doesn't have insurance but doesn't want to just man up and pay for their prescriptions.

I've been feeling like butt for the last couple days, but thought it was just seasonal allergies.  My sinuses really blocked up and I started getting nasty yellow phlegm late last night, causing me to re-think my position on it being allergies.  I was working from home today anyways, but about 1:30 or so I started getting a little light-headed so I bowed out of work and headed off to the nearest urgent care clinic.

No problems at UC.  Took about an hour from walk-in to walk-out, with an on-site test for strep.  Positive.

I head over to Walmart to fill the scrip, thinking it'll be 15 minutes to get a damned Z-pack filled.  I'd go get some sick food (OJ, soup, etc) while I was waiting.

Nope.  45 minute wait time.

So I do a LOT more shopping than I wanted to do, load my stuff into the truck, still haven't gotten the automated phone call so I get something to eat at the in-store McDonalds.  Walking around, killing time, sinuses crescendoing in pressure so that I'm nearly deaf.

An hour and 15 minutes after dropping the scrip I get my call, so I head to the pharmacy.  Once I get there, there's a gorram line that must be 15 people deep.  Holding the line up is an Obamaphone-mommy with a pair of crotchfruit hanging on her, upset and distraught and holding the line up.  She took 15 minutes of my time, let alone how much time beforehand as well, trying to argue for her Oxy or whatever.  They finally pulled her aside, the pharmacist gave her something, and she effed off.

A couple people later, there's a mexican that doesn't speak a lick of English.  No one behind the counter speaks Spanish.  But they hold up the line for her while they page the store looking for a translator, then pull one up via phone after nothing turned up.  For her damned DOB.  You don't have your pharmacy clerks capable of asking "Cual es su fecha de nacimiento?"  And then using an EFFING NOTEPAD SINCE THE NUMBERS ARE WRITTEN THE SAME?!? :facepalm:

Then finally, perhaps 20-25 minutes later after sitting in line, it's my turn.  I wanted some sudafed with my scrip, and there's the whole license/signature thing for that.  I signed "Govt FOAD" for my name as is my policy for that particular inanity, paid and was gone.

So, 1:30 to to 2:45 to be checked in, diagnosed, given a scrip and released at a UC... and 2 hours to get a gorram piece of paper filled at a pharmacy and have PERMISSION to buy something.

That does it.  I'm never going to be sick again. ;)
"But whether the Constitution really be one thing, or another, this much is certain - that it has either authorized such a government as we have had, or has been powerless to prevent it. In either case, it is unfit to exist."
--Lysander Spooner

I reject your authoritah!

charby

• Necromancer
  • Administrator
  • APS's Resident Sikh/Muslim
Re: Pharmacy Experience
« Reply #1 on: February 21, 2014, 07:44:06 PM »
This posting in its sinuating and hateful ramblings lacks the proper character that is becoming of a member of The Armed Polite Society.

Iowa- 88% more livable that the rest of the US

Uranus is a gas giant.

Team 444: Member# 536