Author Topic: Tinnitus and Sleep  (Read 494 times)

Ben

• Administrator
  • I'm an Extremist!
Tinnitus and Sleep
« on: May 21, 2022, 09:15:27 AM »
As a tinnitus sufferer, I was unaware of this link between tinnitus, sleep, and stress levels. Interesting, if bummer of an article. I have often thought of late that I'm not getting as good of sleep as I did when I was younger, and have been 100% attributing that to age, rather than tinnitus *expletive deleted*ing with my sleeping brain being a part of the issue.

https://www.sciencealert.com/incessant-tinnitus-seems-to-be-connected-somehow-to-sleep
"I'm a foolish old man that has been drawn into a wild goose chase by a harpy in trousers and a nincompoop."

RocketMan

• Mad Rocket Scientist
  • friend
  • Semper Fidelis
Re: Tinnitus and Sleep
« Reply #1 on: May 21, 2022, 09:27:17 AM »
Interesting connection.  I've been thinking much the same as you that my lower quality sleep was attributable to age.  I've never thought that my tinnitus might have something to do with it.
If there really was intelligent life on other planets, we'd be sending them foreign aid.

Conservatives see George Orwell's "1984" as a cautionary tale.  Progressives view it as a "how to" manual.

My wife often says to me, "You are evil and must be destroyed." She may be right.

Liberals believe one should never let reason, logic and facts get in the way of a good emotional argument.

230RN

• saw it coming.
  • friend
  • ...shall not be allowed.
« Reply #2 on: May 21, 2022, 01:11:35 PM »
Tinnitus can be due to aspirin.

As a long-term aspirin user, I can attest to a number of unsung aspirin side effects.  Long-term clinical study with N=1.
WHATEVER YOUR DEFINITION OF "INFRINGE " IS, YOU SHOULDN'T BE DOING IT.

Grandpa Shooter

• friend
« Reply #3 on: May 22, 2022, 09:10:12 AM »
I run an air purifier and fan at night to give me white noise.  I am in the back part of the house and that helps also since I am hypervigilant.

Lennyjoe

• friend
« Reply #4 on: May 22, 2022, 09:18:24 AM »
I get less sleep from an enlarged prostate more than I do my tinnitus.  We run a fan at night to help with the ringing.

Unisaw

• friend
« Reply #5 on: May 22, 2022, 02:12:24 PM »
I run a HEPA air filter to cover up tinnitus.  While falling asleep, I also listen to music using Beats Fit Pro earbuds.  They rarely fall out during the night.
Well, if you have the sudden urge to lick your balls you'll know you got the veterinary version... K Frame

gunsmith

• I forgot to get vaccinated!
  • friend
  • I'm sorry, Dave. I'm afraid I can't do that.
« Reply #6 on: May 22, 2022, 05:36:58 PM »
i try everything and have to switch to get sleep.
tibetan bells/yoga nidra/forest sounds/rain sounds/beach sounds
lately i am just dead tired and stay awake until ten or so-get up at 0400 ( monday>friday .... - weekends - i am awake until i pass out and sleep "late" like 0700 or 8
if i try for 8 hours/i get up at 12 and don't fall asleep until 0300 .

its not just tinnitus either, but i have that pretty bad.
I wake in the middle of deep sleep to use restroom and usually wake up annoyed about things that happened recently or last century ...
its really brandons fault tho
Politicians and bureaucrats are considered productive if they swarm the populace like a plague of locust, devouring all substance in their path and leaving a swath of destruction like a firestorm. The technical term is "bipartisanship".
Rocket Man: "The need for booster shots for the immunized has always been based on the science.  Political science, not medical science."