Author Topic: The vandalism thing  (Read 1118 times)

41magsnub

• friend
  • Don't make me assume my ultimate form!
The vandalism thing
« on: December 08, 2011, 08:27:28 PM »
Seriously?  Did anybody think I was not kidding about the vandalism part?

Of course I didn't do anything to her car, as tempting as it was.  We got the car jumped by hooking 2 sets of cables together and it is home now trickle charging.  The issue is the plunger on the drivers door needs some attention, the driving lights never shut off because the car never thought I got out of it.

280plus

• friend
  • Ever get that sinking feeling?
Re: The vandalism thing
« Reply #1 on: December 08, 2011, 08:33:14 PM »
Cars are so stupid sometimes.  ;/
Avoid cliches like the plague!

Ben

• Administrator
  • I'm an Extremist!
« Reply #2 on: December 08, 2011, 08:57:35 PM »
You may have been kidding, but the replies were getting all too serious. Our group here has always detested thieves and vandals and people who don't respect property. We shouldn't be coming up with suggestions on how to be those things.
"I'm a foolish old man that has been drawn into a wild goose chase by a harpy in trousers and a nincompoop."

seeker_two

• friend
  • In short, most intelligence is false.
« Reply #3 on: December 08, 2011, 10:03:01 PM »
We shouldn't be coming up with suggestions on how to be those things.

Especially when those suggestions don't involve detcord and bacon.......

=D
Impressed yet befogged, they grasped at his vivid leading phrases, seeing only their surface meaning, and missing the deeper current of his thought.

RoadKingLarry

• friends
« Reply #4 on: December 08, 2011, 10:37:58 PM »
Used to work at a place that used Insta-pac 2 part foam in the shipping area. I always wondered how much it would take to fill an average size car.
If ye love wealth better than liberty, the tranquility of servitude better than the animating contest of freedom, go home from us in peace. We ask not your counsels or your arms. Crouch down and lick the hands which feed you. May your chains set lightly upon you, and may posterity forget that you were our countrymen.

Samuel Adams

AmbulanceDriver

• Junior Rocketeer
  • friends
« Reply #5 on: December 08, 2011, 10:52:04 PM »
I read your initial post as kidding, and read the replies as things we wished we could do in that situation but wouldn't for the very fact that it *is* illegal.  A little revenge fantasy is a pretty good way to blow off steam in my opinion, especially when already dealing with the frustration of a dead battery...

While the replies were sounding semi-serious, I don't think anyone was actually advocating or even remotely suggesting he actually do it.  :)
Are you a cook, or a RIFLEMAN?  Find out at Appleseed!

http://www.appleseedinfo.org

"For some many people, attempting to process a logical line of thought brings up the blue screen of death." -Blakenzy

kgbsquirrel

• APS Photoshop God
  • friend
  • Bill, slayer of threads.
« Reply #6 on: December 09, 2011, 12:32:56 AM »
^^^ This.

And besides, thermite is kinda in the same ballpark as detcord...  ;)

Tallpine

• friends
  • Grumpy Old Grandpa
« Reply #7 on: December 09, 2011, 11:42:16 AM »
A tow chain/rope - you could have pulled your outfit backwards into the street and jumped it there.
Freedom is a heavy load, a great and strange burden for the spirit to undertake. It is not easy. It is not a gift given, but a choice made, and the choice may be a hard one. The road goes upward toward the light; but the laden traveller may never reach the end of it.  - Ursula Le Guin