Author Topic: The UN's new Secretary General  (Read 1539 times)

Perd Hapley

• Superstar of the Internet
  • friend
  • My prepositions are on/in
The UN's new Secretary General
« on: October 24, 2006, 07:59:38 AM »
I have no opinion, just asking.
"Doggies are angel babies!" -- my wife

The Rabbi

• friend
  • "Ahh, Jeez. Not this sh*t again!"
Re: The UN's new Secretary General
« Reply #1 on: October 24, 2006, 08:51:18 AM »
I would say anyone would be better than Cloud Monkey, but I've been wrong in the past about that.
It is not encouraging that he currently is leading the appeasement camp with the N.Koreans.
But I wouldnt want to pass judgement just yet.
Fight state-sponsored Islamic terrorism: Bomb France now!

Vote Libertarian: It Not Like It Matters Anyway.

Perd Hapley

• Superstar of the Internet
  • friend
  • My prepositions are on/in
« Reply #2 on: October 24, 2006, 09:55:58 AM »
What's a cloud monkey?

Rabbi, we're in a select club of mondo posters.  Is something wrong with us? 
"Doggies are angel babies!" -- my wife

The Rabbi

• friend
« Reply #3 on: October 24, 2006, 10:53:34 AM »
What's a cloud monkey?

Rabbi, we're in a select club of mondo posters.  Is something wrong with us? 

In Hebrew Kof is a monkey and Annan is a cloud.

richyoung

• friend
  • bring a big gun
« Reply #4 on: October 24, 2006, 11:15:54 AM »
Two-thirds of the world governments are corrupt kleptocracies paying lip service to one -ism or another.  So long as they each get a vote, nothing will come out of the UN except scandal and corruption.  No matter how many zeros you add, your total is still close to zero.  Might have something to do with the fact that most of Africa now has HIGHER infant mortality and FEWER miles of paved road than befor ethey kicked out the "exploiting imperial dogs" - but PEerless Leader sure does have a big Swiss Bank acount and a bullet-proof Mercedes limo....
Those who beat their swords into plowshares will plow for those who don't...

cosine

• Administrator
« Reply #5 on: October 24, 2006, 11:35:11 AM »
Hold it. New Secretary General? When? Who? I musta missed it.

Someone want to fill me in here?

(And I thought I stayed up-to-date on current events.)
Andy

Car Knocker

• friend
« Reply #6 on: October 24, 2006, 01:01:26 PM »
Don

cosine

• Administrator
« Reply #7 on: October 24, 2006, 01:02:30 PM »
Andy

Mannlicher

• Grumpy Old Gator
  • friend
  • The Bonnie Blue
« Reply #8 on: October 24, 2006, 04:04:29 PM »
Other than providing a forum for all the anti American countries,(I think thats probably 175 out of 192), the UN is itself, meaningless.

Standing Wolf

• friend
« Reply #9 on: October 24, 2006, 04:29:32 PM »
Two-thirds of the world governments are corrupt kleptocracies paying lip service to one -ism or another.  So long as they each get a vote, nothing will come out of the UN except scandal and corruption.  No matter how many zeros you add, your total is still close to zero.  Might have something to do with the fact that most of Africa now has HIGHER infant mortality and FEWER miles of paved road than befor ethey kicked out the "exploiting imperial dogs" - but PEerless Leader sure does have a big Swiss Bank acount and a bullet-proof Mercedes limo....

In plain English: the third world is a hell hole ruled by vicious, unprincipled dictators. The United Nations is their free forum. If we had any sense, we'd expel it.
No tyrant should ever be allowed to die of natural causes.

stevelyn

• friend
« Reply #10 on: October 24, 2006, 06:12:12 PM »
What caliber for NWO JBTs and Blue Helmets?

The UN is still an international parasitic organization that sucks money and resources from producer countries. Changing S-Gs will not change that.
Be careful that the toes you step on now aren't connected to the ass you have to kiss later.

Eat Moose. Wear Wolf.

richyoung

• friend
  • bring a big gun
« Reply #11 on: October 25, 2006, 04:50:58 AM »

In plain English: the third world is a hell hole ruled by vicious, unprincipled dictators. The United Nations is their free forum. If we had any sense, we'd expel it.

Thanks for the translation....  grin

HankB

• friend
« Reply #12 on: October 25, 2006, 07:09:50 AM »
"To its committed members the United Nations is still the party of heart, humanity, and justice, but to those removed a few paces it looks like Captain Hooks crew -- ambulance chasing lawyers, rapacious public policy grants persons, civil rights gamesmen, ditzy brained movie stars, fat assed civil servant desk squatters, recovering alcoholics, recovering wife beaters, recovering child-buggers, and so forth and so on, a grotesque line up of ill mannered, self pitying,caterwauling freeloaders banging their tin cups on the pavement demanding handouts."

Such are the (slightly) paraphrased comments of Nicholas von Hoffman . . . though he was writing about the Democratic Party, the statement is still applicable to the U.N.
Trump won in 2016. Democrats haven't been so offended since Republicans came along and freed their slaves.
Sometimes I wonder if the world is being run by smart people who are putting us on, or by imbeciles who really mean it. - Mark Twain
Government is a broker in pillage, and every election is a sort of advance auction in stolen goods. - H.L. Mencken
Patriotism is supporting your country all the time, and your government when it deserves it. - Mark Twain

The Rabbi

• friend
« Reply #13 on: October 25, 2006, 08:13:57 AM »
Actually even up close they look like those things.  Both the UN and the Dems.

Antibubba

• friend
« Reply #14 on: October 25, 2006, 04:29:06 PM »
I think America could've done a lot worse.

South Korea is definitely an ally, the more so for having a million soldiers, possibly backed by nukes, a short drive away.  They're capitalist and democratic.  They don't blame the U.S. for every ill in the world.

I have serious doubts about the usefulness of the UN, but this might make it less of a pain in the a thorn in our side.
If life gives you melons, you may be dyslexic.

richyoung

• friend
  • bring a big gun
« Reply #15 on: October 26, 2006, 04:08:40 AM »
The UN was designed by a known communist traitor - (thanks, FDR, for having the government shot through with Soviet agents so that we would dance to Stalin;s tune...) for the explicit purpose of advancing communism.  It did that well, until Ronaldus Magnus hit the scene, and said, "There'll be no more of that..."