Author Topic: Need some anecdata  (Read 673 times)

Jocassee

• Buster Scruggs Respecter
  • friends
  • "First time?"
Need some anecdata
« on: January 29, 2014, 04:37:23 PM »
I need a few examples of companies who have laid off employees, overworked the rest, and made more money than before. If such examples exist.

Can be personal experience or second hand.
I shall not die alone, alone, but kin to all the powers,
As merry as the ancient sun and fighting like the flowers.

lupinus

• Southern Mod Trimutive Emeritus
  • friends
Re: Need some anecdata
« Reply #1 on: January 29, 2014, 05:02:15 PM »
Most all of them.
That is all. *expletive deleted*ck you all, eat *expletive deleted*it, and die in a fire. I have considered writing here a long parting section dedicated to each poster, but I have decided, at length, against it. *expletive deleted*ck you all and Hail Satan.

AZRedhawk44

• friends
« Reply #2 on: January 29, 2014, 05:25:20 PM »
U-haul pretty consistently will take senior employees and lay them off.  Then offer them their jobs back at starting wages.  I've got a couple friends who have been through that.
"But whether the Constitution really be one thing, or another, this much is certain - that it has either authorized such a government as we have had, or has been powerless to prevent it. In either case, it is unfit to exist."
--Lysander Spooner

I reject your authoritah!

charby

• Necromancer
  • Administrator
  • APS's Resident Sikh/Muslim
« Reply #3 on: January 29, 2014, 05:32:18 PM »
U-haul pretty consistently will take senior employees and lay them off.  Then offer them their jobs back at starting wages.  I've got a couple friends who have been through that.

Aren't most U-Haul locations privately owned franchises?
Iowa- 88% more livable that the rest of the US

Uranus is a gas giant.

Team 444: Member# 536

Waitone

• friend
« Reply #4 on: January 29, 2014, 07:44:32 PM »
Layoffs make the front page.  Re-hires at a lower rate is generally back page if it appears at all.  A good place to look is the hotel bidness.  Tremendous cost pressures with limited ability to raise rates.
"Men, it has been well said, think in herds. It will be seen that they go mad in herds, while they only recover their senses slowly, and one by one."
- Charles Mackay, Scottish journalist, circa 1841

"Our society is run by insane people for insane objectives. I think we're being run by maniacs for maniacal ends and I think I'm liable to be put away as insane for expressing that. That's what's insane about it." - John Lennon