Author Topic: It's official - the first Arfcommer I meet in real life..  (Read 10262 times)

RadioFreeSeaLab

• friend
It's official - the first Arfcommer I meet in real life..
« Reply #25 on: December 21, 2005, 12:56:59 PM »
Agreed.  I hope we can leave discussions like this as friends.

Brad Johnson

• friend
  • Witty, charming, handsome, and completely insane.
« Reply #26 on: December 21, 2005, 12:57:48 PM »
Works for me.

Brad
It's all about the pancakes, people.
"And he thought cops wouldn't chase... a STOLEN DONUT TRUCK???? That would be like Willie Nelson ignoring a pickup full of weed."
-HankB

« Reply #27 on: December 21, 2005, 01:35:53 PM »
Alright, y'all can hang it up, i disagree with blackburn here.

you have this guy:

After shooting at my local range for at least 3 years regularly, yesterday was a first for me. As I was making trips back and forth to my car all I could keep staring at was this ponytailed yuppy dude's Volvo with "Kerry/Edwards and "Defend homeland security, vote democratic" stickers on the back.
If this dude would've been there on the right day, I'm sure some of the locals would have probably stomped his dope smoking, maggot infested, good time rock and roll liberal butt.
I started to try and have a conversation with him but I don't think I could have done it without getting pissed. How dare he vote and support scumbags that want to take away all of our gun rights and then have the nerve to show up at a public range and act like all is well.
He did have a nice 30/30 but if he gets his way, it'll be tagged as a sniper rifle and banned.
"RANT OFF"
sorry but I needed to vent,
Base-Rigger
I consider that a crazy emotional rant at all.  Base-Rigger is just pointing out that a yuppy showing up at a range frequented by avid gunners is out of place.  Which is correct,  I don't care how you vote, but you would have to be a complete fool to think Kerry is a friend to gunners.  He is one of the "usual suspects"  that do thier damnedest to try and limit or eliminate our rights all together.  

Anybody showing up at my range with kerry stickers on his car (I don't care where the car was made, I OWN a volvo myself),  would be about as welcome as Hanoi Jane Fonda at 29 palms on the 10th of november.

Old Dog

« Reply #28 on: December 21, 2005, 01:38:38 PM »
The problem with ARFCOM is that it's one of the first gun forums anyone will find on the internet ... those guys make us all look like morons.  Up here in Washington, some DJs on a popular Seattle FM-radio show found the ARFCOM posts about the station's female reporter who'd been in attendance at a local gun show.  After the DJs (who are normally pretty open-minded, albeit swaying somewhat to the liberal side of the fence) read ON THE AIR the ARFCOMmers' posts, I as a gun-owner and shooter was embarassed to be associated with cretins such as the ARFCOM guys ... who regularly display to everyone on the internet that they are idiots.

As far as the technical stuff on that forum, thank God I learned about ARs in the military and know how to crack a book ... I won't lower myself to visit any part of a forum that allows such lunacy present, which does negatively impact the image of ALL gun people.
-- Will

Old Dog

« Reply #29 on: December 21, 2005, 01:40:55 PM »
"Anybody showing up at my range with kerry stickers on his car (I don't care where the car was made, I OWN a volvo myself),  would be about as welcome as Hanoi Jane Fonda at 29 palms on the 10th of november."

And this is precisely why we, as gun-owners and shooters, are our own worst enemy as far as furthering the cause of RKBA -- because some of us tend to judge everyone else on the most limited criteria -- if we don't have anything in common with someone -- we don't WANT to have anything in common with someone.  Sheesh.
-- Will

RadioFreeSeaLab

• friend
« Reply #30 on: December 21, 2005, 01:42:30 PM »
Quote from: Old Dog
"Anybody showing up at my range with kerry stickers on his car (I don't care where the car was made, I OWN a volvo myself),  would be about as welcome as Hanoi Jane Fonda at 29 palms on the 10th of november."

And this is precisely why we, as gun-owners and shooters, are our own worst enemy as far as furthering the cause of RKBA -- because some of us tend to judge everyone else on the most limited criteria -- if we don't have anything in common with someone -- we don't WANT to have anything in common with someone.  Sheesh.
+1, Old Dog.

Phyphor

• friend
« Reply #31 on: December 21, 2005, 02:08:19 PM »
Quote from: Brad Johnson
Please, tell me how Kerry would've been worse?
You would prefer a complete repeal of the Second Amendment, perhaps?

Brad
Doesn't that take an act of Congress?  I highly doubt the current congress would have allowed Kerry to repeal anything, much less add any other law.
"You know what's messed-up about taxes?
You don't even pay taxes. They take tax.
You get your check, money gone.
That ain't a payment, that's a jack." - Chris Rock "Bigger and Blacker"
He slapped his rifle. "This is one of the best arguments for peace there is. Nobody wants to shoot if somebody is going to shoot back. " Callaghen, Callaghen, Louis La'mour

« Reply #32 on: December 21, 2005, 02:22:21 PM »
I have a friend whose wife has a Kerry sticker while he had a Bush sticker. But if he has to drive his wife's car, he does. So don't assume that the person driving the car owns it. It could well be his wife's, brother's, mother's, whatever. Regardless, kicking his ass isn't going to be helpful in convincing him not to vote for morons.

jefnvk

• friend
  • I'll sleep away the days and ride the nights...
« Reply #33 on: December 21, 2005, 02:30:46 PM »
Do keep in mind too, that most people do not have the gun issue as #1 in their mind when voting.  Just because in the last election I voted R, does not mean I agree with them on gay rights.

Just because someone votes D, does nto mean they support banning guns.  It could very well mean that they agree with the party on everything else, and have to compromise somewhere.  

Almost no one gets everything they want.  You have to decide on what you are going to compromise on.  I know a kid up here that matched the description perfectly, who just fits with the majority of the Democrat's policies better than anything else.  he loves shooting my guns, and doesn't see why they need to be banned, but it just so happens that the party that he agrees with almost everythign else on takes that stance.  He is not going to start voting R because of that one issue, because in doing so he goes against pretty much every other issue he cares about.
I still say 'Give Detroit to Canada'

Ron

« Reply #34 on: December 21, 2005, 03:38:42 PM »
lmost no one gets everything they want.  You have to decide on what you are going to compromise on.
NO NO NO!  We must all vote our conscience no compromise! (libertarian) otherwise we are Bush Bots or DemocRATS.

« Reply #35 on: December 22, 2005, 12:37:34 AM »
Exactly! Smiley

Justin

• friend
« Reply #36 on: December 22, 2005, 06:51:32 AM »
troglodytery
I'm going to shamelessly steal this term and use it as often as possible.
Your secretary is not a graphic designer, and Microsoft Word is not adequate for print design.

Lennyjoe

• friend
« Reply #37 on: December 22, 2005, 07:50:48 AM »
I went to the Gunstock shoot in Waco put on by folks from the AR15.com site and they were nothing but polite.  Had an enjoyable time.

Like any other furom site, there are a few knuckleheads around.