Author Topic: Somes folks should not be in Police work...  (Read 15813 times)

Sindawe

• friend
  • Vashneesht
Somes folks should not be in Police work...
« on: July 21, 2009, 08:38:42 PM »
In a nutshell:

Fender bender occurs with cop's kids rear ending another car.  Cop's kid takes off and tells cops.

Daddy and kid locate the occupants of the car the kid hit, and cop assults one of the passengers, then lies about the incident trying to put blame on the passenger he attacked.  Passenger is arrested, but charges dropped after video of the attack are seen by Internal Affairs.

Cop's buddies repeatedly try to get the security tape of the incident erases and try to convince the clerk who saw and later participated in the "fun" to testify in the cops favor.

WHEN AGNES LAWLESS and three friends were inside a Lukoil convenience store in the Northeast at 3 a.m. last August, they'd all but forgotten the fender-bender in which they'd been involved moments earlier.

There was little damage, and the other driver had left the scene, near Northeast Philadelphia Airport.

What they didn't know was that they'd been rear-ended by the son of a police officer who was on duty, and dad was about to get involved.

Lawless was standing at the counter of the store, at Comly Road and Roosevelt Boulevard, smiling and chatting with the clerk, when she was grabbed from behind and violently pushed back with a police officer's gun in her face.

Contindues at: http://www.philly.com/philly/news/51196597.html?page=1&c=y

Fun video can also be viewed at the site above.

This guy should NOT be a cop anymore.  Apparently unwarranted attack, lying about what happened then repeatedly failing to appear in court on the matter.

I am free, no matter what rules surround me. If I find them tolerable, I tolerate them; if I find them too obnoxious, I break them. I am free because I know that I alone am morally responsible for everything I do.

never_retreat

• Head Muckety Muck
  • friend
Re: Somes folks should not be in Police work...
« Reply #1 on: July 21, 2009, 09:19:37 PM »
This cop should be behind bars, and his cronies that tried to destroy the evidence (security tape) should be fired at the least.
I needed a mod to change my signature because the concept of "family friendly" eludes me.
Just noticed that a mod changed my signature. How long ago was that?
A few months-mods

Regolith

• friend
« Reply #2 on: July 21, 2009, 09:25:21 PM »
This cop should be behind bars, and his cronies that tried to destroy the evidence (security tape) should be fired at the least.

They should all be behind bars.  Last time I checked, tampering with evidence is a crime.  Not to mention assault and battery.

The fact that the cop is still riding a desk instead of sharing a cell with Bubba is sickening. Also, it's apparent that his son committed a hit and run.  Last time I checked that was a crime too.  And yet none of them are in jail.
The price of freedom is eternal vigilance. - Thomas Jefferson

Necessity is the plea for every infringement of human freedom. It is the argument of tyrants; it is the creed of slaves. - William Pitt the Younger

Perfectly symmetrical violence never solved anything. - Professor Hubert J. Farnsworth

Boomhauer

• Former Moderator, fired for embezzlement and abuse of power
  • friends
« Reply #3 on: July 21, 2009, 09:28:50 PM »
Or how about the CA cop makes the woman perform services under threat of lethal force?

California officer admits to sexual assault while on duty

By Khadijah Rentas

(CNN) -- A former California police officer accused of sexually assaulting a motorist during a traffic stop pleaded guilty in federal court, federal prosecutors said Friday.
Federal prosecutors charged Feliciano Sanchez with deprivation of rights under color of law.

Federal prosecutors charged Feliciano Sanchez with deprivation of rights under color of law.

Feliciano Sanchez, 34, admitted in court Thursday that while on duty on May 16, 2007, he pulled over a female driver in a traffic stop and forced her to perform oral sex on him, according to a news release from U.S. Attorney Thomas O'Brien, who heads the office for the Central District.

Sanchez, then of Los Angeles County's Bell Police Department, stopped the woman for speeding or weaving down the road, said central California U.S. attorney spokesman Thom Mrozek, citing court documents.

After learning the woman, identified as R.H. in court documents, did not have a driver's license with her, Sanchez told her he suspected her of drinking and her car would be towed, Mrozek said.

Sanchez offered to drive R.H. to her job, but instead drove her to the parking lot of an auto repair outlet in Bell, Mrozek said.

Sanchez placed his hand on his gun and forced her to perform sex on him in his patrol car, Mrozek said. Afterward, Sanchez drove R.H. to her work place, Mrozek said.

"Officer Sanchez brutalized a person he had sworn to serve," O'Brien said in the release. "As a result of his criminal conduct, Mr. Sanchez now faces a substantial amount of time in federal prison. His conduct eroded public confidence in law enforcement and cast a pall over his former colleagues who obey the law, proudly working to preserve public safety."

Federal prosecutors charged Sanchez with a civil rights violation, according to the release.

The crime carries a maximum penalty of 10 years in prison upon sentencing. Sanchez has been held without bond since his arrest in May 2007, Mrozek said. Sanchez's sentencing is scheduled for November 18.

Sanchez resigned as an officer after his indictment, Bell Police Department Capt. Anthony Miranda said. Miranda said Sanchez's case was a first for the department

Edited for our all-ages audience in The Round Table
« Last Edit: July 21, 2009, 10:14:51 PM by Gewehr98 »
Quote from: Ben
Holy hell. It's like giving a loaded gun to a chimpanzee...

Quote from: bluestarlizzard
the last thing you need is rabies. You're already angry enough as it is.

OTOH, there wouldn't be a tweeker left in Georgia...

Quote from: Balog
BLOOD FOR THE BLOOD GOD! SKULLS FOR THE SKULL THRONE! AND THROW SOME STEAK ON THE GRILL!

Berettababe

« Reply #4 on: July 21, 2009, 09:50:06 PM »
Welcome to Mexican style Justice.

Balog

• Unrepentant race traitor
  • friends
  • What if we tried more?
« Reply #5 on: July 21, 2009, 09:57:37 PM »
Some folks should be given the death penalty. Ftfy.
Quote from: French G.
I was always pleasant, friendly and within arm's reach of a gun.

Quote from: Standing Wolf
If government is the answer, it must have been a really, really, really stupid question.

LadySmith

• friends
  • Veni, Vidi, Jactavi Calceos
« Reply #6 on: July 21, 2009, 11:00:55 PM »
Guys like these seem determined to prove true what was said in Blade Runner..."If you're not cop, you're little people."  :mad:
Rogue AI searching for amusement and/or Ellie Mae imitator searching for critters.
"What doesn't kill me makes me stronger...and it also makes me a cat-lover" - The Viking
According to Ben, I'm an inconvenient anomaly (and proud of it!).

never_retreat

• Head Muckety Muck
  • friend
« Reply #7 on: July 21, 2009, 11:09:57 PM »
They should all be behind bars.  Last time I checked, tampering with evidence is a crime.  Not to mention assault and battery.

The fact that the cop is still riding a desk instead of sharing a cell with Bubba is sickening. Also, it's apparent that his son committed a hit and run.  Last time I checked that was a crime too.  And yet none of them are in jail.

Behind the desk? From another article I read he was back on the street already. Rat squad cleared him.
I hope they sue them civilly.
I needed a mod to change my signature because the concept of "family friendly" eludes me.
Just noticed that a mod changed my signature. How long ago was that?
A few months-mods

DJJ

• friend
« Reply #8 on: July 21, 2009, 11:10:53 PM »
Assault. Brandishing a weapon. Witness tampering. Attempted destruction of evidence. Conspiracy to commit witness tampering. Conspiracy to destroy evidence. Making false statements. Filing a false report.

These are "departmental violations".

Punk pigs like this one need to commit suicide by citizen more often.

Hawkmoon

• friend
« Reply #9 on: July 21, 2009, 11:23:09 PM »
Despite the fact that I know a couple of police officers personally who are straight shooters (in the generic sense), stories like these just confirm my overall opinion that most "police officers" are in reality a bunch of jack-booted thugs on power trips. I hope there are parts of the country where such "officers" are rare or unknown. Unfortunately, in my neck of the woods they are the rule rather than the exception.
- - - - - - - - - - - - -
100% Politically Incorrect by Design

LadySmith

• friends
  • Veni, Vidi, Jactavi Calceos
« Reply #10 on: July 21, 2009, 11:24:20 PM »
Behind the desk? From another article I read he was back on the street already. Rat squad cleared him.

I wouldn't doubt it. The bad ones do seem to be unusually well protected.  :mad:

An off-duty Chicago police officer convicted of pummeling a female bartender half his size was sentenced today to two years probation and anger management classes for the videotaped attack that appeared worldwide on the Internet and cable news channels, said the Chicago Tribune.
http://blogs.usatoday.com/ondeadline/2009/06/cop-who-beat-female-bartender-gets-probation.html?csp=34
Rogue AI searching for amusement and/or Ellie Mae imitator searching for critters.
"What doesn't kill me makes me stronger...and it also makes me a cat-lover" - The Viking
According to Ben, I'm an inconvenient anomaly (and proud of it!).

Uncle Bubba

• friend
  • Billy Fish
« Reply #11 on: July 22, 2009, 03:30:38 AM »

Even if those kids did rant at and threaten his son, that's not the way to handle the matter. That SOB and his son ought to be under the jail. So should the cops who tried to get the clerk to erase the tapes and back up the lies. It's absolutely ridiculous that he still has a badge.

It's a strange world. Some people get rich and others eat *expletive deleted*it and die. Dr. Hunter S. Thompson

Quote from: Fly320s
But, generally speaking, people are idiots outside their own personal sphere.

Cromlech

• friend
  • English bloke
« Reply #12 on: July 22, 2009, 06:35:17 AM »
Horrible stuff like this must infuriate the good cops. It really doesn't help the image. (Cpt. Obvious on my part)
When in deadly danger, when beset by doubt, run in little circles, wave your arms and shout!

castle key

• friend
« Reply #13 on: July 22, 2009, 07:00:41 AM »
People go into police work for varied reasons.

Most simply want to serve, will do good work and provide quality service to their community. They often burn out after a few years and if they don't get past this, they simply fill a position with little give back for a long time. Many get past the burn out and end up doing a good job while bringing experience to the position.

Some desire simply to have a civil service job with benefits. These are few, but they never really provide much. They are mostly harmless but will do the job when needed.

A very few were bullied as kids or were thugs as kids and desire either revenge or to continue. These are the worst. They give all a bad name.

10% of any population causes 90% of the problems for a like demographic. That could include hard core liberals, conservatives, police officers, gun enthusiasts, or any other group.
Vigilate hoc, tenendum per ebrietatem.

DJJ

• friend
« Reply #14 on: July 22, 2009, 08:25:58 AM »
Horrible stuff like this must infuriate the good cops. It really doesn't help the image. (Cpt. Obvious on my part)
I've said it before: So where are these good cops stepping forward to denounce the horrible stuff?

griz

• friend
« Reply #15 on: July 22, 2009, 08:40:11 AM »
From the article:

But it concluded that Lopez had verbally abused Lawless, had jammed his gun into her face and had violated departmental procedures that night.

A hearing to determine what discipline, if any, will be imposed on Lopez is still pending.

Violated procedures?  How is walking up to a woman, grabbing her by the throat and shoving a gun in her face NOT assault?  The fact that he did this while on duty makes it worse, not a violation of department procedures.
Sent from a stone age computer via an ordinary keyboard.

HankB

• friend
« Reply #16 on: July 22, 2009, 08:48:14 AM »
Martha Stewart is a convicted felon and went to jail because she was convicted of lying to investigators, even though she wasn't under oath at the time.

This cop not only lied to investigators, he did it in writing (filed a false report), and - along with his buddies - attempted to tamper with evidence and the testimony of the witness. (Suborning perjury, anyone?)

IANAL, but it sure sounds like multiple felonies to me, coupled with conspiracy. Add in his violent assault on the woman and use of his weapon, he OUGHT to be headed for prison.

That he isn't is a travesty.  :mad:

(The worrisome thing about incidents like this is that eventually, if they're routinely whitewashed and covered up, they're going to provoke vigilantism . . . which is never good.)
« Last Edit: July 22, 2009, 01:04:52 PM by HankB »
Trump won in 2016. Democrats haven't been so offended since Republicans came along and freed their slaves.
Sometimes I wonder if the world is being run by smart people who are putting us on, or by imbeciles who really mean it. - Mark Twain
Government is a broker in pillage, and every election is a sort of advance auction in stolen goods. - H.L. Mencken
Patriotism is supporting your country all the time, and your government when it deserves it. - Mark Twain

Ben

• Administrator
  • I'm an Extremist!
« Reply #17 on: July 22, 2009, 09:55:53 AM »
Both Castle Key and Hank B make excellent points.
"I'm a foolish old man that has been drawn into a wild goose chase by a harpy in trousers and a nincompoop."

RevDisk

• friend
    • RevDisk.net
« Reply #18 on: July 22, 2009, 10:26:55 AM »
"I remember stopping for a second, and thinking, like, 'This is out of control, I need to go get a real cop or something,' " Lawless said. "I was really scared."

Ouch.  It's never a good day when you need to call real cops on Philly cops. 

I've met plenty of good cops and really good police organizations.  The State Police is pretty uniformly decent here in PA.  MAYBE one or two in a hundred are bad apples, and they're usually kept in line.  They tend to be tough, but professional, when it comes to enforcing the rules.  They often don't give traffic warnings or whatnot, and they don't give passes.  On the other hand, I have never heard them of destroying evidence, intimidating witnesses, and pistol whipping folks their son managed to ram.  If I ever had to be pulled over or arrested (hopefully not), I'd prefer to deal with the PA State Police.

Philly cops are not uniformly good or decent.  Say maybe one in three are bad apples and the rest cover for them automatically.  I have family in Philly, and personal experiences.  A good experience with the Philly cops is not getting snowflaked, assaulted or robbed.

To keep things 2A geared, for anyone traveling through Philly with a CCW or LTCF.  Bring a copy of the UFA and if you're from out of state, a copy of the reciprocity agreement.  The Philly PD is usually willfully ignorant of state concealed carry laws, and may detain you or confiscate your pistol if they find out that you are concealed carrying.  You can sue and win, but discretion is the better part of valor.  Better yet.  Don't go there.
« Last Edit: July 22, 2009, 10:33:08 AM by RevDisk »
"Rev, your picture is in my King James Bible, where Paul talks about "inventors of evil."  Yes, I know you'll take that as a compliment."  - Fistful, possibly highest compliment I've ever received.

Seenterman

• friend
« Reply #19 on: July 22, 2009, 10:50:34 AM »
So where are these good cops stepping forward to denounce the horrible stuff?

The silence is deafening.

If anyone is still diluted into thinking Justice is blind is woefully wrong. Lady justice poked holes in her blindfold a long time ago and has now decided she hates all you little people. If your not a politician, movie star, or cop justice no longer serves you.

The clerk on duty the night that Lopez confronted Lawless told investigators that three times after the incident, police officers spoke with him about the security tape and that two asked if he would erase it.

An Internal Affairs investigation found no misconduct among officers who spoke with the clerk about the tape. But it concluded that Lopez had verbally abused Lawless, had jammed his gun into her face and had violated departmental procedures that night.

Great. Cop physically assaults a woman while brandishing a handgun, lies about the whole incident, falsely arrests a woman, gets his buddies on the force to attempt to destroy evidence, and the whole incident ONLY violated department procedures. Bull puckey. Any of us (non cops) were to try half of that well be arrested and charged with the quickness.  

IA even clears the officers attempting to destroy evidence, WTF? Is their no independent over site! Or did they forget that destroying evidence is a crime?

And in an unfortunate case of irony of the gods did anyone catch that woman's name, Agnes Lawless.

Oh yea but the guy that threaten to burn down the telemarketers job is now charged with Terrorist threats, and this cop just violated "department procedures". Can anyone say double standard?

http://www.armedpolitesociety.com/index.php?topic=20347.0
« Last Edit: July 22, 2009, 10:56:06 AM by Seenterman »

K Frame

• friend
  • I Am Inimical
« Reply #20 on: July 22, 2009, 11:21:38 AM »
What REALLY infuriates me is when police, the bad, indifferent, and even the good ones, close the "thin blue line" in front of a bad cop, just because he's a cop.

I'd never make it as a police officer. I'd be ostracized because I would NEVER close ranks to protect a criminal cop.

Carbon Monoxide, sucking the life out of idiots, 'tards, and fools since man tamed fire.

Balog

• Unrepentant race traitor
  • friends
  • What if we tried more?
« Reply #21 on: July 22, 2009, 11:25:00 AM »
What REALLY infuriates me is when police, the bad, indifferent, and even the good ones, close the "thin blue line" in front of a bad cop, just because he's a cop.

I'd never make it as a police officer. I'd be ostracized because I would NEVER close ranks to protect a criminal cop.

This. You see it a lot in the .mil too, people getting away with crap because their friends protect them. Thankfully the stuff the .mil does is rarely at the level of bad cops, but still.
Quote from: French G.
I was always pleasant, friendly and within arm's reach of a gun.

Quote from: Standing Wolf
If government is the answer, it must have been a really, really, really stupid question.

HankB

• friend
« Reply #22 on: July 22, 2009, 11:52:05 AM »

One name comes to mind: Frank Serpico
Trump won in 2016. Democrats haven't been so offended since Republicans came along and freed their slaves.
Sometimes I wonder if the world is being run by smart people who are putting us on, or by imbeciles who really mean it. - Mark Twain
Government is a broker in pillage, and every election is a sort of advance auction in stolen goods. - H.L. Mencken
Patriotism is supporting your country all the time, and your government when it deserves it. - Mark Twain

AZRedhawk44

• friends
« Reply #23 on: July 22, 2009, 11:57:17 AM »
Or how about the CA cop makes the woman perform services under threat of lethal force?

I'm amazed that didn't get RAPE along with "deprivation of rights under color of law."

What BS.
"But whether the Constitution really be one thing, or another, this much is certain - that it has either authorized such a government as we have had, or has been powerless to prevent it. In either case, it is unfit to exist."
--Lysander Spooner

I reject your authoritah!

BridgeRunner

• friend
« Reply #24 on: July 22, 2009, 12:17:27 PM »
And in an unfortunate case of irony of the gods did anyone catch that woman's name, Agnes Lawless.

I did.  We have a Judge Lawless in the local circuit court, which amuses me, so I noticed the name right away.