Author Topic: Parking - Why?  (Read 6972 times)

cassandra and sara's daddy

• friends
Re:
« Reply #75 on: April 29, 2016, 03:51:50 AM »
I drive a variety of vehicles some of them the big and long and wide with limited turning radius
 I back in because it's easier to get out and if I can back into a space I can almost surely get out even if somebody decides to park, after I get there, too close on one side or the other
I'm a lot less likely to take part of them home with me if I'm pulling out frontwards then if I'm trying to back out

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-G890A using Tapatalk
It is much more powerful to seek Truth for one's self.  Seeing and hearing that others seem to have found it can be a motivation.  With me, I was drawn because of much error and bad judgment on my part. Confronting one's own errors and bad judgment is a very life altering situation.  Confronting the errors and bad judgment of others is usually hypocrisy.

by someone older and wiser than I

K Frame

• friend
  • I Am Inimical
Re:
« Reply #76 on: April 29, 2016, 07:18:46 AM »
Yes very much a wrong word pick on my part.

Sent from my SCH-I545 using Tapatalk
Carbon Monoxide, sucking the life out of idiots, 'tards, and fools since man tamed fire.

41magsnub

• friend
  • Don't make me assume my ultimate form!
Re:
« Reply #77 on: April 29, 2016, 03:39:21 PM »
I drive a variety of vehicles some of them the big and long and wide with limited turning radius
 I back in because it's easier to get out and if I can back into a space I can almost surely get out even if somebody decides to park, after I get there, too close on one side or the other
I'm a lot less likely to take part of them home with me if I'm pulling out frontwards then if I'm trying to back out

I do that as well sometimes when in my 95 GMC half ton.  It has a turning radius well above its weight class so tight parking lots are fun sometimes.  They fixed it in later years.

cassandra and sara's daddy

• friends
Re: Re:
« Reply #78 on: April 29, 2016, 04:38:10 PM »
I do that as well sometimes when in my 95 GMC half ton.  It has a turning radius well above its weight class so tight parking lots are fun sometimes.  They fixed it in later years.
My 90 dodge long bed extended cab needed 2 zip codes to u turn. Even on a divided highway 2 lanes each way with grass median I needed the shoulder

It is much more powerful to seek Truth for one's self.  Seeing and hearing that others seem to have found it can be a motivation.  With me, I was drawn because of much error and bad judgment on my part. Confronting one's own errors and bad judgment is a very life altering situation.  Confronting the errors and bad judgment of others is usually hypocrisy.

by someone older and wiser than I

K Frame

• friend
  • I Am Inimical
Re: Parking - Why?
« Reply #79 on: April 29, 2016, 04:44:52 PM »
That's another reason why I really like my Forester... It has a really tight turning radius, much tighter than I expected it to be, even from such a small vehicle.
Carbon Monoxide, sucking the life out of idiots, 'tards, and fools since man tamed fire.

KD5NRH

• friends
  • I'm too sexy for you people.
« Reply #80 on: April 29, 2016, 06:05:50 PM »
Depending on the rack type, sometimes it's just easier to get the back wheel in there, even with the fender, rack and saddlebags.   When there's enough clearance around a toaster rack with a low flat top, though, I do like the front-wheel-over-the-rack method, though.

http://www.bikeforums.net/attachment.php?attachmentid=376771&d=1398550841

Firethorn

• friend
  • Where'd my explosive space modulator go?
« Reply #81 on: April 29, 2016, 06:28:58 PM »
I've deliberately parked my truck facing south on cold days, and north on warm ones.  Makes a real difference.  Other than that, I've noticed that for tight parking, backing in is sometimes easier than going straight in.