Main Forums > Politics

Obama Flunks Geography

(1/2) > >>

Ben:
Regarding the statement:

--- Quote ---Obama conceded that he has a steep challenge to get his message and background to voters in states such as Kentucky  where he trails Sen. Hillary Clinton by 27 points, according to a poll published earlier this week  and West Virginia, where voters chose Clinton over Obama by 40 points on Tuesday.

"What it says is that I'm not very well known in that part of the country," Obama said. "Sen. Clinton, I think, is much better known, coming from a nearby state of Arkansas. So it's not surprising that she would have an advantage in some of those states in the middle."
Correct me if I'm wrong, but doesn't Obama's home state of Illinois BORDER Kentucky?!? And I believe there's a state in between Arkansas and Kentucky. I guess physical geography doesn't account, it's all about the social geography and we all know everyone from Kentucky and Arkansas sits around hugging their guns and bibles. Plus it's all that evil Fox News' fault anyways. 

http://www.mcclatchydc.com/homepage/story/37388.html

Perd Hapley:
   For his sake, I hope he can just keep his mouth shut until November.  Not that the media will ever talk about these gaffes.   

"Those states in the middle."     What a maroon.  He should have just said fly-over country.  Where does he think Illinois IS, anyway?

209:
Well, he also visited 57 states.  Maybe a few of those mystery states are in between IL and KY.

Perd Hapley:

--- Quote ---Maybe a few of those mystery states are in between IL and KY.

--- Quote ---Hohoq, popularly known as Ar, from John Hodgman's The Areas of My Expertise. Hohoq is a large flying state inhabited by a mix of bird people known as Thunderbirds and German-American settlers. It refuses to send a delegate to the United States Congress but provides the federal government with an annual tribute of bauxite.http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/List_of_fictional_U.S._states

roo_ster:
Shesh, and folks thought Dan Quayle was a lightweight...

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

Go to full version