Author Topic: Biden Declaring a Climate Emergency Wednesday, 20JUL  (Read 2238 times)

Ben

• Administrator
  • I'm an Extremist!
"I'm a foolish old man that has been drawn into a wild goose chase by a harpy in trousers and a nincompoop."

WLJ

• friends
  • On Patrol In The Epsilon Eridani System
Reported Biden will be signing climate EOs
« Reply #1 on: July 19, 2022, 05:35:05 PM »
Reported to be set to declare a climate emergency as early as tomorrow and start signing EOs after the climate bill was shot down congress.

President Biden to declare a national "climate emergency" to fight global warming.

With the climate agenda stalled in Congress, the White House is being urged by climate activists to take unilateral and authoritarian actions. https://t.co/QfYfPIsXva

— Ryan Maue (@RyanMaue) July 19, 2022
    In a blueprint, the Center for Biological Diversity outlined executive actions under a "climate emergency"

Halt crude oil exports
    Stop oil and gas drilling
    Restrict international trade and private investment in fossil fuels
    Order defense industry to ramp up clean energy tech pic.twitter.com/tEa6xTuHuW

— Ryan Maue (@RyanMaue) July 19, 2022
'Quite insane’ –> Climate Advocate Ryan Maue takes Biden and his possible ‘national climate emergency’ APART in thread
https://twitchy.com/samj-3930/2022/07/19/quite-insane-climate-advocate-ryan-maue-takes-biden-and-his-possible-national-climate-emergency-apart-in-thread/

Reports say President Joe Biden is going to issue climate executive orders Wednesday
https://twitchy.com/brettt-3136/2022/07/19/reports-say-president-joe-biden-is-going-to-issue-climate-executive-orders-wednesday/

$10 gas here we come
"Sometimes I think the surest sign that intelligent life exists elsewhere in the universe is that none of it has tried to contact us".
- Calvin and Hobbes

WLJ

• friends
Re: Reported Biden will be signing climate EOs
« Reply #2 on: July 19, 2022, 05:35:42 PM »
Delete this. Ben posted the same while I was typing.
"Sometimes I think the surest sign that intelligent life exists elsewhere in the universe is that none of it has tried to contact us".
- Calvin and Hobbes

Ben

• Administrator
  • I'm an Extremist!
Re: Biden Declaring a Climate Emergency Wednesday, 20JUL
« Reply #3 on: July 19, 2022, 05:41:09 PM »
Merged.  =)
"I'm a foolish old man that has been drawn into a wild goose chase by a harpy in trousers and a nincompoop."

WLJ

• friends
« Reply #4 on: July 19, 2022, 05:41:55 PM »
You also merged my delete request after realizing you beat me to the punch  :facepalm: :rofl:
- Calvin and Hobbes

dogmush

• friend
« Reply #5 on: July 19, 2022, 05:42:49 PM »
In a blueprint, the Center for Biological Diversity outlined executive actions under a "climate emergency"

Halt crude oil exports
    Stop oil and gas drilling
    Restrict international trade and private investment in fossil fuels

Well those aught to finish any shot the Dems had for the mid-terms.  As long as they've been in DC I would have expected the Biden team to be a little more savvy, and do this next winter.

WLJ

• friends
« Reply #6 on: July 19, 2022, 05:55:35 PM »
Well those aught to finish any shot the Dems had for the mid-terms.  As long as they've been in DC I would have expected the Biden team to be a little more savvy, and do this next winter.

I'm hoping that list is just some whacked out wish list. They can't be that crazy, can they?
- Calvin and Hobbes

Ben

• Administrator
  • I'm an Extremist!
« Reply #7 on: July 19, 2022, 06:00:35 PM »
I'm hoping that list is just some whacked out wish list. They can't be that crazy, can they?

He (or his handlers) seem to be listening to his 20something White House cool kids telling him what everyone on twitter wants. Whether the White House learns from this after their NOV massacre or not is anyone's guess.

dogmush

• friend
« Reply #8 on: July 19, 2022, 06:02:11 PM »
I'm not even sure what would happen.  The US is a net exporter of petroleum products but a net importer of crude oil.  If we all of a sudden just stopped exporting crude, there would be a sudden surplus in crude oil available in the US, at least until we adjusted our imports down.  Not all crude is the same vis a vis refining, but at least our domestic market might go down a little bit.

The world market would likely go batshit for a month or two.

source: https://www.eia.gov/energyexplained/oil-and-petroleum-products/imports-and-exports.php

dogmush

• friend
« Reply #9 on: July 19, 2022, 06:03:19 PM »
He (or his handlers) seem to be listening to his 20something White House cool kids telling him what everyone the bots on twitter wants. Whether the White House learns from this after their NOV massacre or not is anyone's guess.

FIFY.  ;)

Wait!  Holy *expletive deleted*it, is THIS how the AI's take over?  Just feed Biden bot scripts?

Perd Hapley

• Superstar of the Internet
  • friend
  • My prepositions are on/in
« Reply #10 on: July 19, 2022, 07:31:12 PM »
Um, isn't gas expensive enough already? 25th amendment time?
"Doggies are angel babies!" -- my wife

WLJ

• friends
« Reply #11 on: July 19, 2022, 07:37:54 PM »
Um, isn't gas expensive enough already?

The dem elites: Do you own an electric car yet? No? Then no.
- Calvin and Hobbes

MechAg94

• friend
« Reply #12 on: July 19, 2022, 08:03:57 PM »
Considering the SC just shot down the EPA's regulation based on having no legislative authority, I can't see them doing anything but shooting this down.  Is there any executive authority to do what was posted?   

All the leftists complained about Trump's executive orders (Obama also mostly), but they were all within the framework of existing executive authority as far as I know.   
“It is much more important to kill bad bills than to pass good ones.”  ― Calvin Coolidge

WLJ

• friends
« Reply #13 on: July 19, 2022, 08:06:20 PM »
Considering the SC just shot down the EPA's regulation based on having no legislative authority, I can't see them doing anything but shooting this down.  Is there any executive authority to do what was posted?   

How long will that take? Bet not before gas hits $10 and crashes the economy triggering The Great Depression ][ which has been the goal of many leftists since America needs to be punished and could lead to the establishment of a Soviet style state. With them in charge of course.
« Last Edit: July 19, 2022, 08:31:58 PM by WLJ »
- Calvin and Hobbes

MechAg94

• friend
« Reply #14 on: July 19, 2022, 08:26:04 PM »
How long will that take? Bet not before gas hits $10 and crashes the economy triggering The Great Depression ][ which has been the goal of many leftest since America needs to be punished and could lead to the establishment of a Soviet style state. With them in charge of course.
Lawsuits from states would be filed before the end of the day.  Unless there was something in the law allowing this, I would expect at least one federal judge to issue an injunction in days not weeks.  The SC may even hear the case pretty quick. 

I could be wrong, but if the orders are as crazy as above, I can see it happening.
“It is much more important to kill bad bills than to pass good ones.”  ― Calvin Coolidge

MechAg94

• friend
« Reply #15 on: July 19, 2022, 08:27:34 PM »
One of the Twitchy links has a link to the White House saying they won't be declaring a climate emergency tomorrow.  Not sure if that means they are backing off or what. 

Given the inexperience of some of the people in the White House, this could have been some really badly done trial balloon. 

https://twitchy.com/brettt-3136/2022/07/19/reports-say-president-joe-biden-is-going-to-issue-climate-executive-orders-wednesday/
Update at the bottom.

WLJ

• friends
« Reply #16 on: July 19, 2022, 08:38:13 PM »
One of the Twitchy links has a link to the White House saying they won't be declaring a climate emergency tomorrow.  Not sure if that means they are backing off or what. 

Given the inexperience of some of the people in the White House, this could have been some really badly done trial balloon. 

Update at the bottom.

"This week"
White House says it won’t declare climate emergency this week

- Calvin and Hobbes

WLJ

• friends
« Reply #17 on: July 19, 2022, 08:43:44 PM »
Trying to not go around wearing a tin-foil hat but this admin is making that harder and harder every day.
I need to lay off the news for a week or so and chill out but at this point I'm afraid to with these jokers.
- Calvin and Hobbes

Jim147

• friends
« Reply #18 on: July 19, 2022, 10:12:56 PM »
Trying to not go around wearing a tin-foil hat but this admin is making that harder and harder every day.
I need to lay off the news for a week or so and chill out but at this point I'm afraid to with these jokers.

The hat is bad enough but with these triple digit temps for weeks wearing this tinfoil suit is going to suck.
Sometimes we carry more weight then we owe.
And sometimes goes on and on and on.

BAH-WEEP-GRAAAGHNAH WHEEP NI-NI BONG

French G.

• friend
  • ohhh sparkles!
« Reply #19 on: July 19, 2022, 10:23:36 PM »
Don't blame Biden, blame congress and us. Congress abdicated its duties many times in the last few decades, a big one of which is treaties. Paris climate is a treaty in all but name. Same with Iran nuke deal. A real congress would lock down everything until treaties were properly routed. A real citizenry should have already been at torches, pitchforks, and lamppost level. Biden is just doing what we have tacitly approved.
AKA Navy Joe   

I'm so contrarian that I didn't respond to the thread.

WLJ

• friends
« Reply #20 on: July 19, 2022, 10:42:31 PM »
The hat is bad enough but with these triple digit temps for weeks wearing this tinfoil suit is going to suck.

- Calvin and Hobbes

Pb

• friend
« Reply #21 on: July 20, 2022, 12:45:08 PM »
Why in the world does the executive branch have power to do any of this crap?

Frankly, why in the world does the federal government have the power to do most of this at all?

WLJ

• friends
« Reply #22 on: July 20, 2022, 12:55:11 PM »
Why in the world does the executive branch have power to do any of this crap?

Frankly, why in the world does the federal government have the power to do most of this at all?

Because We The People haven't done a good old fashion tar and feather donkey ride out of town for far too long.
« Last Edit: July 20, 2022, 01:37:14 PM by WLJ »
- Calvin and Hobbes

230RN

• saw it coming.
  • friend
  • ...shall not be allowed.
« Reply #23 on: July 21, 2022, 07:43:34 AM »
Gas prices, sure...

But there's also pharmaceuticals, paint and varnish (and all kinds of constuction materials), plastics, textiles, fuels for the extra electric generation capacity...

It goes way beyond just gas prices and electric cars.  Way, way beyond.

This administration has such a narrow-minded foolish immature view of reality, if it were a grown-up person, it would absolutely be declared incompetent to manage its own affairs and be protectively institutionalized.

And don't forget there's a lame duck period between the election and installation of any new legislators where the present lame duck legislators have no restrictions on their destructive idiocy.

I may start praying in an actual Church again.

Terry, 230RN
« Last Edit: July 21, 2022, 08:18:21 AM by 230RN »
WHATEVER YOUR DEFINITION OF "INFRINGE " IS, YOU SHOULDN'T BE DOING IT.

griz

• friend
« Reply #24 on: July 21, 2022, 11:16:39 AM »
I just read the EO he signed.  He is giving a subsidy to a windmill company and, so help me, starting a program to pay the AC bills for poor people.  To stop climate change.  By the way, anybody else notice that when he says, "now let me be clear", it's usually less clear after he finishes the sentence?
Sent from a stone age computer via an ordinary keyboard.