Author Topic: Trump move would make it easier for U.S. gun manufacturers to export firearms  (Read 1019 times)

MechAg94

• friend
https://amp.washingtontimes.com/news/2018/may/14/trump-administration-moves-shift-small-arms-gun-ex/?__twitter_impression=true

The Trump administration took a major formal step Monday toward officially shifting authority from the State Department to the Commerce Department over the approval of U.S. small arms exports, including semiautomatic rifles and weapons ranging in size up to .50 caliber.
Sounds like a good move to me.  I would rather see us sell to anyone who can pay.  The bad guys out there are no different than criminals here.  They are going to get their weapons anyway.  I would rather keep our weapons manufacturing strong.

Currently, small arms export licensing is lumped under they same approval process as that for such major military weapons as advanced missile systems and tanks. Under the new policy, Commerce will be put in charge of overseeing exports of handguns, sporting rifles and such semiautomatic rifles as AR-15s, separating those personal protection and hunting firearms from the military-grade weaponry, which will still be governed by the State.
“It is much more important to kill bad bills than to pass good ones.”  ― Calvin Coolidge

Pb

• friend
I've heard a major grip of foreign gun collectors is the inability to get any non-neutered evil black rifles from the USA... just like we want Russian AKs, they want American ARs...

HeroHog

• Technical Site Pig
  • Administrator
  • It can ALWAYS get worse!
    • FaceButt Profile
Just bring back Norinco!

I might not last very long or be very effective but I'll be a real pain in the ass for a minute!
MOLON LABE!

MechAg94

• friend
Except this is exporting US small arms, not importing Chinese arms.  Find a friend in Canada.
“It is much more important to kill bad bills than to pass good ones.”  ― Calvin Coolidge

HeroHog

• Technical Site Pig
  • Administrator
  • It can ALWAYS get worse!
    • FaceButt Profile
Don't care, still want! I sold a bunch of those when I had my FFL.
I might not last very long or be very effective but I'll be a real pain in the ass for a minute!
MOLON LABE!

freakazoid

• friend
Except this is exporting US small arms, not importing Chinese arms.  Find a friend in Canada.

I don't think we can import Chinese guns from Canada, because they are still Chinese. ??? Same with Russian guns.
"so I ended up getting the above because I didn't want to make a whole production of sticking something between my knees and cranking. To me, the cranking on mine is pretty effortless, at least on the coarse setting. Maybe if someone has arthritis or something, it would be more difficult for them." - Ben

"I see a rager at least once a week." - brimic

MechAg94

• friend
I don't think we can import Chinese guns from Canada, because they are still Chinese. ??? Same with Russian guns.
I was thinking he could visit a friend in Canada.   =D

No big deal.  I just like the move by the administration as I feel we should sell anything and everything to whoever can pay aside from maybe our top line tech.  Best way to keep our arms industry in good shape with someone else paying for it.