Author Topic: Illinois State Law Will Release Second-Degree Murder Suspects Without Bail  (Read 1621 times)

WLJ

• friends
  • On Patrol In The Epsilon Eridani System
Re: Illinois State Law Will Release Second-Degree Murder Suspects Without Bail
« Reply #25 on: September 09, 2022, 10:43:25 AM »
I have repeatedly said that this level of tribalism only ends with bloodshed.  I've watched it firsthand, twice.  The only question is when, and how bad.

[tinfoil] mode on

Almost as if they're trying to leave us with no other choice and then use our response as an excuse for a crackdown

[tinfoil] mode off

« Last Edit: September 09, 2022, 10:57:25 AM by WLJ »
"Sometimes I think the surest sign that intelligent life exists elsewhere in the universe is that none of it has tried to contact us".
- Calvin and Hobbes

RoadKingLarry

• friends
« Reply #26 on: September 09, 2022, 10:55:51 AM »
In the final analysis it won't matter who the GOP runs or who wins in November. The republic is doomed either way.
We are already in the death spiral.
All that remains to be seen is how long it takes to auger in.
We have broken the tipping point where very nearly half the population is on the government dole, they will not vote to cut off the flow, there is also a significant number of voters that approve of that condition along with a staggering number of *expletive deleted*ing idiots that really shouldn't be allowed the responsibility of voting.
If Obama gets re-elected the collapse will be sooner.
Maybe if a pseudo-conservative gets elected it will delay it for a while but the die is cast, it is only a matter of time.
Personally I'd just as soon get it over with and maybe, just maybe we can rebuild a better government in my lifetime.

My opinion has little changed from this post in 2012.
I think Trump managed to extend the glide slope a little but in the end it won't matter all that much. It is still just a matter of time and I am a little surprised that we aren't further down the shithole than we are.
If ye love wealth better than liberty, the tranquility of servitude better than the animating contest of freedom, go home from us in peace. We ask not your counsels or your arms. Crouch down and lick the hands which feed you. May your chains set lightly upon you, and may posterity forget that you were our countrymen.

Samuel Adams

Ron

• friends
  • Like a tree planted by the rivers of water
    • What I believe ...
« Reply #27 on: September 09, 2022, 12:12:06 PM »
I have repeatedly said that this level of tribalism only ends with bloodshed.  I've watched it firsthand, twice.  The only question is when, and how bad.

I don't think white European descent Americans have any fight in them if it comes to bloodshed. They will be pleading that they aren't racist while their daughters are getting raped and their heads are getting stomped in. I'm sure there will be plenty of low life antifa types involved so it will be multicultural, you won't be forced to notice inconvenient truths. Until maybe it's on your property or in your house.

I suspect 90% of whites have never spent any real length of time in a ghetto or barrio and really don't realize how much overall support the violent percentage has in those neighborhoods. It's not that they like the violence, they just dislike even more the "power structures" that can put a stop to it. The thugs are their thugs. I base that on my observations of Chicago aldermen and most of the local politicians over three decades. I also had the joy of running service calls during that period in many of the rougher neighborhoods. What's weird is even when minorities  run everything the violence continues. It's always there isn't enough money and resources flowing in from outside the community. Always. Every Single Time.

I'm not in Illinois any longer but I'm still within the shadow of Mordor on Michigan. Lord willing I'll have escaped to a redoubt and won't be part of the death and mayhem if it actually comes down to that bleak scenario. 

For the invisible things of him since the creation of the world are clearly seen, being perceived through the things that are made, even his everlasting power and divinity, that they may be without excuse. Because knowing God, they didn’t glorify him as God, and didn’t give thanks, but became vain in their reasoning, and their senseless heart was darkened. Professing themselves to be wise, they became fools.

Pb

• friend
« Reply #28 on: September 09, 2022, 01:15:28 PM »
I suspect 90% of whites have never spent any real length of time in a ghetto or barrio and really don't realize how much overall support the violent percentage has in those neighborhoods.

I've never heard of Mexicans rioting when a Mexican criminal got shot by the cops.  ???

AZRedhawk44

• friends
« Reply #29 on: September 09, 2022, 01:29:31 PM »
I've never heard of Mexicans rioting when a Mexican criminal got shot by the cops.  ???

About 15 years ago here in Phoenix we had the illegal community marching, tens of thousands strong, arguably with intent to intimidate in regards to the border issue.
"But whether the Constitution really be one thing, or another, this much is certain - that it has either authorized such a government as we have had, or has been powerless to prevent it. In either case, it is unfit to exist."
--Lysander Spooner

I reject your authoritah!

Ben

• Administrator
  • I'm an Extremist!
« Reply #30 on: September 09, 2022, 01:48:41 PM »
On a related note on why we're going to tribes, here's San Francisco. It's worth it to watch every video at the link.

https://twitchy.com/samj-3930/2022/09/09/michael-shellenbergers-horrific-thread-of-san-francisco-videos-shows-what-decades-of-democrat-leadership-leads-to-watch/
"I'm a foolish old man that has been drawn into a wild goose chase by a harpy in trousers and a nincompoop."

MechAg94

• friend
« Reply #31 on: September 09, 2022, 03:53:09 PM »
To be fair, his opponent was the known white supremacist, Larry Elder.
I saw a piece of an interview with Larry Elder.  He mentioned meeting a couple of older Jewish ladies after the election and having a conversation with him.  He said he went through a bunch of issues with them and they agreed on nearly all of them.  He just said some people are so committed to their political side, they never step out of rut and think about what they are voting for.
“It is much more important to kill bad bills than to pass good ones.”  ― Calvin Coolidge

Perd Hapley

• Superstar of the Internet
  • friend
  • My prepositions are on/in
« Reply #32 on: September 09, 2022, 03:55:52 PM »
I saw a piece of an interview with Larry Elder.  He mentioned meeting a couple of older Jewish ladies after the election and having a conversation with him.  He said he went through a bunch of issues with them and they agreed on nearly all of them.  He just said some people are so committed to their political side, they never step out of rut and think about what they are voting for.

Since they agreed with him, I'm going to assume they were also neo-Nazis, just like Larry. And they still wouldn't vote for him.
"Doggies are angel babies!" -- my wife

K Frame

• friend
  • I Am Inimical
« Reply #33 on: September 09, 2022, 04:40:00 PM »

And that's how Californiaism creeps to other states.

People finally get fed up with California's bullshit, but at their very cores they approve of that bullshit so they do their very best to bring it to their new state.
Carbon Monoxide, sucking the life out of idiots, 'tards, and fools since man tamed fire.

dogmush

• friend
« Reply #34 on: September 09, 2022, 05:26:03 PM »
[tinfoil] mode on

Almost as if they're trying to leave us with no other choice and then use our response as an excuse for a crackdown

[tinfoil] mode off

When this kicks off, their crackdown will be too little too late. The tribes are going to go at it.

I don't think white European descent Americans have any fight in them if it comes to bloodshed. They will be pleading that they aren't racist while their daughters are getting raped and their heads are getting stomped in. I'm sure there will be plenty of low life antifa types involved so it will be multicultural, you won't be forced to notice inconvenient truths. Until maybe it's on your property or in your house.

Perhaps that is so in Chicagoland, it's untrue in my stomping grounds.  But it's untrue in large swaths of the country.  It will also be in ideological tribes.  Just as Antifa will add some multiculturalism to the collectivists, there are enough non white folks on the other side to sooth any lingering feelings of guilt from a bunch of European decent folks. 

Also: don't forget that there are large numbers of first and second gen Eastern European decent folks in this country, and they'll give the Rooftop Koreans a run for their money.

If i had to guess, inner cities will turn into havens for small arms fire level combat, fought over by versions of the same various gangs that currently exist, edging towards Mogadishue-esque warlords as food and resources become rationed by what's left of the government, rural areas will carry on much as they do now, with much more open and reinforced "Community Watch" type militias and will be a very dangerous place to be for someone not known to the community, the suburbs/subrural areas will be border cases where the actual outcome will depend a lot on hard to predict variables, but with more crime than currently exists, and less food, but still better then the cities in both cases, local government forces will go nowhere except in armed convoys because both sides will pick them off, and the fed gov will pontificate in guarded redoubts how it all came to be.

Ron

• friends
  • Like a tree planted by the rivers of water
    • What I believe ...
« Reply #35 on: September 09, 2022, 07:36:50 PM »
Overall I felt safer in Mexican neighborhoods when working in them. There were some no go zones for white guys when the sun went down though. I dated a girl that lived in a Mexican gang "controlled" area, the Two Sixers.  The main drag and her neighborhood were OK. Some of the local neighborhood hot spots were no go's for me at night, unless I wanted to get my butt kicked or worse. One of the gangs main functions was to keep the blacks on the north side of the boundary (I forget the road) and out of little village. I did get my stereo system jacked out of my car when I was in a getting a burrito one day. I had a sweet Kenwood with an equalizer under the dash. 
For the invisible things of him since the creation of the world are clearly seen, being perceived through the things that are made, even his everlasting power and divinity, that they may be without excuse. Because knowing God, they didn’t glorify him as God, and didn’t give thanks, but became vain in their reasoning, and their senseless heart was darkened. Professing themselves to be wise, they became fools.

K Frame

• friend
  • I Am Inimical
« Reply #36 on: September 10, 2022, 06:51:47 AM »
I wonder if a citizen that uses a scary gun in IL to cap someone attacking them will also get the no bail catch and release treatment, or do you think breaking a gun control law is so much worse than assault that citizen will rot in jail until trial?

You really have to ask that question?
Carbon Monoxide, sucking the life out of idiots, 'tards, and fools since man tamed fire.

HankB

• friend
« Reply #37 on: September 10, 2022, 10:06:49 AM »
I wonder if a citizen that uses a scary gun in IL to cap someone attacking them will also get the no bail catch and release treatment, or do you think breaking a gun control law is so much worse than assault that citizen will rot in jail until trial?
No need to wonder - the writing has been on the wall for decades.

Consider what happened to Bernard Goetz - in 1984 he was assaulted by four thugs on an NYC subway who assaulted and attempted to rob him.

He shot all four. (Not fatally.)

The DA in NYC prosecuted Goetz . . . but not his assailants! In fact, he granted IMMUNITY to the thugs so they'd testify against Goetz!
Trump won in 2016. Democrats haven't been so offended since Republicans came along and freed their slaves.
Sometimes I wonder if the world is being run by smart people who are putting us on, or by imbeciles who really mean it. - Mark Twain
Government is a broker in pillage, and every election is a sort of advance auction in stolen goods. - H.L. Mencken
Patriotism is supporting your country all the time, and your government when it deserves it. - Mark Twain

MechAg94

• friend
« Reply #38 on: September 10, 2022, 07:16:18 PM »
There have been people who have used a gun in self defense in Chicago or at least the area since they were forced to allow permits.  I never kept up with what happened in the aftermath, but there should be examples to draw from.
“It is much more important to kill bad bills than to pass good ones.”  ― Calvin Coolidge

MechAg94

• friend
« Reply #39 on: September 10, 2022, 07:22:39 PM »
Thinking about my original post, I find I am not completely against the idea/concept of this law.  I like the idea that someone should not be kept in jail for a significant period of time, pre-trial, without good cause.  I don't think exorbitant bail amounts are necessarily the best idea.  I would rather there be some way to put pressure on the justice system to get trials and cases completed with adequate funding and support to get it done.  However, that probably means some legal reforms and funding changes, which none of the politicians are prepared to do.

Bogie

• friend
  • Hunkered in South St. Louis, right by Route 66
    • Third Rate Pundit
« Reply #40 on: September 10, 2022, 08:31:38 PM »
I live about five miles from Illinois.

And the area in Illinois that Illinois refuses to admit exists.
Blog under construction

Pb

• friend
« Reply #41 on: September 11, 2022, 01:29:27 PM »
What are gun laws in Chicago like currently?

dogmush

• friend
« Reply #42 on: September 11, 2022, 02:00:20 PM »

I would hypothesize they are mostly unknown, because the people with guns have no intention of following them, and the people that want to follow them don't want guns.

lee n. field

• friend
  • tinpot megalomaniac, Paulbot, hardware goon
« Reply #43 on: September 11, 2022, 06:06:35 PM »

With respect to handgun, Illinois has state preemption now.  Illinois' gun laws are Chicago's gun laws.
In thy presence is fulness of joy.
At thy right hand pleasures for evermore.

Perd Hapley

• Superstar of the Internet
  • friend
  • My prepositions are on/in
« Reply #44 on: September 11, 2022, 08:32:28 PM »
With respect to handgun, Illinois has state preemption now.  Illinois' gun laws are Chicago's gun laws.

License needed to purchase, shall-issue permit needed to carry.
"Doggies are angel babies!" -- my wife

zxcvbob

• friend
« Reply #45 on: September 12, 2022, 12:03:12 AM »
I live about five miles from Illinois.

And the area in Illinois that Illinois refuses to admit exists.

https://youtu.be/RiH5aiOx3dc?t=8
"It's good, though..."