Author Topic: Hunter & Joe Biden corruption scandal  (Read 32593 times)

JTHunter

• friends
Re: Hunter & Joe Biden corruption scandal
« Reply #225 on: July 21, 2023, 10:23:13 PM »
 :O Are you sure that isn't Hunter??  ???
“I have little patience with people who take the Bill of Rights for granted.  The Bill of Rights, contained in the first ten amendments to the Constitution, is every American’s guarantee of freedom.” - - President Harry S. Truman, “Years of Trial and Hope”

Angel Eyes

• Lying dog-faced pony soldier
  • friend
  • You're not diggin'
« Reply #226 on: July 21, 2023, 11:34:04 PM »
:O Are you sure that isn't Hunter??  ???

His hair is too long.

Besides, Hunter prefers coke.
"End of quote.  Repeat the line."
  - Joe 'Ron Burgundy' Biden

Ben

• Administrator
  • I'm an Extremist!
« Reply #227 on: July 22, 2023, 08:30:06 AM »
Regarding the bong hitting lawyer, allegedly while Jr was present:

"I'm a foolish old man that has been drawn into a wild goose chase by a harpy in trousers and a nincompoop."

WLJ

• friends
  • On Patrol In The Epsilon Eridani System
« Reply #228 on: July 22, 2023, 08:55:27 AM »
Think 24 hours would be pushing it.
"Sometimes I think the surest sign that intelligent life exists elsewhere in the universe is that none of it has tried to contact us".
- Calvin and Hobbes

Pb

• friend
« Reply #229 on: July 22, 2023, 06:00:31 PM »
No wonder they couldn't ID the owner of the cocaine.

WLJ

• friends
« Reply #230 on: July 23, 2023, 10:32:11 AM »
"Sometimes I think the surest sign that intelligent life exists elsewhere in the universe is that none of it has tried to contact us".
- Calvin and Hobbes

Ben

• Administrator
  • I'm an Extremist!
« Reply #231 on: July 24, 2023, 05:45:18 PM »
"I'm a foolish old man that has been drawn into a wild goose chase by a harpy in trousers and a nincompoop."

WLJ

• friends
« Reply #232 on: July 24, 2023, 05:52:39 PM »
- Calvin and Hobbes

WLJ

• friends
« Reply #233 on: July 26, 2023, 12:18:30 PM »
And this just in

Hunter Biden's plea deal has collapsed in a stunning twist during his appearance in front of a judge in a federal court in Delaware.

The president's scandal-hit son said 'yes, your honor' when asked by the judge if he was going to plead guilty to two tax misdemeanors, and admitted he's been to rehab six times in 20 years for addiction to drinking and drugs.

But then the judge called for a recess when an agreement between prosecutors and attorneys for the president's son dramatically fell apart.

Hunter's attorney Chris Clark said the deal was 'null and void' after top prosecutor Leo Wise said the president's son could still be charged with other crimes - including violations related to representing foreign governments.

Hunter Biden plea deal COLLAPSES: 'Sweetheart deal' on tax and gun charges FALLS APART in hearing where he detailed drug use
https://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/article-12339857/Hunter-Biden-arrives-court-plead-guilty-two-tax-misdemeanors-sweetheart-deal.html

[popcorn]
- Calvin and Hobbes

Ben

• Administrator
  • I'm an Extremist!
« Reply #234 on: July 26, 2023, 12:23:17 PM »
Related, some Republicans are balking at potential impeachment inquiries. On the one hand, I agree that we don't want to lower the bar on impeachment the way the dems did (as much as I would like a spite impeachment). On the other hand, it seems that the shady dealings Biden did as VP likely have a connection to current stuff, like the way he's throwing money at the Ukis.

https://www.foxnews.com/politics/impeach-biden-skeptical-gop-senators-warn-mimicking-dems-cheapened-process

WLJ

• friends
« Reply #235 on: July 26, 2023, 02:07:00 PM »
And it's back on
The judge apologized.
Does something like that happen often if at all?

Judge Noreika said she saw that as being "outside of my lane," noting that if the diversion agreement might be unconstitutional, then the entire plea deal would be unconstitutional, meaning that Hunter Biden would not be getting the immunity he thought.

The judge apologized to Hunter Biden near the end of the hearing.

"Mr. Biden, I know you want to get this over with, and I’m sorry," Noreika said. "But I need to get more information to do Justice as I’m required to do."
https://www.foxnews.com/politics/hunter-biden-plea-deal-appears-fall-apart-first-court-appearance

UPDATE: Hunter Biden plea deal is back ON. Appears Biden legal team now agrees DOJ could later charge Biden on unrelated issues. More now on @InsidePolitics https://t.co/Bj9Ny4FpB3
    — Paula Reid (@PaulaReidCNN) July 26, 2023
https://twitchy.com/sarahd/2023/07/26/hunter-biden-plea-deal-back-on-n2385741

Which way did he go? Which way did he go?

- Calvin and Hobbes

WLJ

• friends
« Reply #236 on: July 26, 2023, 02:59:42 PM »
And it's dead again

Annnnd Hunter Biden’s deal is off again, for now (video)
https://twitchy.com/aaronwalker/2023/07/26/is-the-hunter-biden-deal-dead-again-n2385747

- Calvin and Hobbes

HankB

• friend
« Reply #237 on: July 26, 2023, 03:10:22 PM »
And it's back on
The judge apologized.
Does something like that happen often if at all?

And it's dead again

Annnnd Hunter Biden’s deal is off again, for now . . .

Sounds like there's some powerful people pulling strings behind the scenes. Threats? Blackmail? Bribes?

I dunno. But it doesn't really inspire confidence in the so-called "justice" system.
Trump won in 2016. Democrats haven't been so offended since Republicans came along and freed their slaves.
Sometimes I wonder if the world is being run by smart people who are putting us on, or by imbeciles who really mean it. - Mark Twain
Government is a broker in pillage, and every election is a sort of advance auction in stolen goods. - H.L. Mencken
Patriotism is supporting your country all the time, and your government when it deserves it. - Mark Twain

RocketMan

• Mad Rocket Scientist
  • friend
  • Semper Fidelis
« Reply #238 on: July 26, 2023, 03:41:12 PM »
Sounds like there's some powerful people pulling strings behind the scenes. Threats? Blackmail? Bribes?

I dunno. But it doesn't really inspire confidence in the so-called "justice" system.

All of the above.  Our justice system is completely fubar.
If there really was intelligent life on other planets, we'd be sending them foreign aid.

Conservatives see George Orwell's "1984" as a cautionary tale.  Progressives view it as a "how to" manual.

My wife often says to me, "You are evil and must be destroyed." She may be right.

Liberals believe one should never let reason, logic and facts get in the way of a good emotional argument.

zxcvbob

• friend
« Reply #239 on: July 26, 2023, 03:44:41 PM »
All of the above.  Our justice system is completely fubar.

My FIL used to say, "Take your dollar to the courthouse, get a dollar's worth of justice"
"It's good, though..."

RocketMan

• Mad Rocket Scientist
  • friend
  • Semper Fidelis
« Reply #240 on: July 26, 2023, 04:25:40 PM »
I can just imagine a conversation in the judge's chambers today:

"Gentlemen, how can we give The Big Guy's loving son a pass without it being too blatantly obvious that we're giving him a pass?  Anyone?  Bueller? Bueller?"
If there really was intelligent life on other planets, we'd be sending them foreign aid.

Conservatives see George Orwell's "1984" as a cautionary tale.  Progressives view it as a "how to" manual.

My wife often says to me, "You are evil and must be destroyed." She may be right.

Liberals believe one should never let reason, logic and facts get in the way of a good emotional argument.

Ben

• Administrator
  • I'm an Extremist!

Ben

• Administrator
  • I'm an Extremist!
« Reply #242 on: July 26, 2023, 06:12:29 PM »
So I'm completely confused now. Is this plea deal on or off? Is he pleading guilty or not guilty? Because it seems I've read of like three flipflops at this point. And now they're postponing a month?

T.O.M.

• friend
« Reply #243 on: July 26, 2023, 08:51:57 PM »
Here's the deal (pun intended) on judges and the ability to reject plea agreements...

Often times, a plea deal involves a prosecutor amending a charge to a lesser offense.  Often times, the proposed charge has nothing to do with the reality of the case.  For example, the new charge may ignore the actual weight of the drugs involved, or the value of property at issue.  There was a famous situation here in Ohio where a city prosecutor was pleading out a ton of traffic cases to an old statute from the 1900s which required the owner of a car kept on the street to keep a small lantern burning on the hood so the car was visible in the dark.  The judge has the complete authority to call bovine scat.  The parties can try a new deal (which they did here), the case can go to trial, or the prosecutor can dismiss the case at hand and file a new lesser charge to get the deal done around the judge.  Really, I admire this judge for taking a stand.  Too many judges just go with the flow to clear another case off the docket.

Plea bargaining is what's wrong with the system.  It encourages prosecutors to overcharge cases to give room to negotiate.  It encourages defense attorneys to look for an easy/lazy resolution that is the least bad resolution for the accused.  It encourages judges to allow legal fictions just to keep up with the docket overflowing with cases.  The problem is that plea bargaining has become such a part of the criminal system, it's hard for anyone to take a stand against it.
No, I'm not mtnbkr.  ;)

a.k.a. "our resident Legal Smeagol."...thanks BryanP
"Anybody can give legal advice - but only licensed attorneys can sell it."...vaskidmark

T.O.M.

• friend
« Reply #244 on: July 27, 2023, 08:13:26 AM »
Just had a chance to read about what happened.  Not what I thought, but still not a bad thing on tge judge's part.  The two sides (prosecution and defense) did not agree on everything.  Didn't agree that a plea here would give Biden immunity on other cases.  He'll, on the gun case, they wanted tge judge to decide in two years if Biden had followed the terms of the agreement and whether or not the gun charge should be prosecuted after tris diversion period,  which is clearly a Constitutional, separation of powers problem.
No, I'm not mtnbkr.  ;)

a.k.a. "our resident Legal Smeagol."...thanks BryanP
"Anybody can give legal advice - but only licensed attorneys can sell it."...vaskidmark

Ben

• Administrator
  • I'm an Extremist!
« Reply #245 on: July 27, 2023, 09:50:19 AM »
Perhaps TOM can weigh in here: From the layman's perspective, this breakdown sounds logical for why the judge pulled the rug out from under Jr's lawyers and the DOJ. Seems like a shady way to protect both Jr and the big guy on the foreign influence peddling.

https://twitter.com/willscharf/status/1684331594864025602

https://twitchy.com/dougp/2023/07/27/ex-federal-prosecutor-explains-why-judge-in-hunter-biden-case-smelled-a-rat-n2385764

WLJ

• friends
« Reply #246 on: July 27, 2023, 10:48:25 AM »
Secret Service Says Eight-Ball Of Cocaine Found In Courtroom Chair Hunter Was Sitting In Probably Left By Tour Group
https://babylonbee.com/news/secret-service-says-crack-found-in-courtroom-chair-hunter-was-sitting-in-probably-left-by-tour-group

Babylon Bee BTW
- Calvin and Hobbes

WLJ

• friends
« Reply #247 on: July 27, 2023, 10:51:42 AM »
The Babylon Bee is on it today

Hunter Biden Plea Deal Falls Through After Bribery Check Bounces
https://babylonbee.com/news/hunter-biden-plea-deal-falls-through-after-bribery-check-bounces
- Calvin and Hobbes

Ben

• Administrator
  • I'm an Extremist!
« Reply #248 on: July 27, 2023, 01:31:21 PM »
Whistle blowers and so-called whistleblowers. Man, the MSM really loves those air quotes.  :rofl:

https://twitter.com/i/status/1684551318331969537

WLJ

• friends
« Reply #249 on: July 27, 2023, 01:42:43 PM »
Whistle blowers and so-called whistleblowers. Man, the MSM really loves those air quotes.  :rofl:

https://twitter.com/i/status/1684551318331969537

I couldn't even finish watching that, it was too infuriating
- Calvin and Hobbes