Author Topic: Hunter & Joe Biden corruption scandal  (Read 32576 times)

T.O.M.

• friend
Re: Hunter & Joe Biden corruption scandal
« Reply #250 on: July 27, 2023, 04:32:57 PM »
Perhaps TOM can weigh in here: From the layman's perspective, this breakdown sounds logical for why the judge pulled the rug out from under Jr's lawyers and the DOJ. Seems like a shady way to protect both Jr and the big guy on the foreign influence peddling.

https://twitter.com/willscharf/status/1684331594864025602

https://twitchy.com/dougp/2023/07/27/ex-federal-prosecutor-explains-why-judge-in-hunter-biden-case-smelled-a-rat-n2385764

IMHO, DOJ was giving out a sweetheart deal, having Hunter plead to a pair of misdemeanor tax offenses, and they would throw out the felony. Asks and make the gun felony ho away if Hunter is a good boy for two years.  Where they tripped up are (1) trying to out the gun diversion decision in the judge's lap (worried about a new admin/DOG pushing the case) and (2) the immunity the defense tried to get.  No prosecutor agrees to blanket immunity, which is what the defense wanted.  If the DOJ agreed to blanket immunity, even MSNBC and CNN wouldn't have been able to ignore the story of daddy fixing things for junior.

Granted,  a new deal will likely be done before the end of summer, but the judge was paying attention, covered her own ass, and did the right thing.
No, I'm not mtnbkr.  ;)

a.k.a. "our resident Legal Smeagol."...thanks BryanP
"Anybody can give legal advice - but only licensed attorneys can sell it."...vaskidmark

JTHunter

• friends
« Reply #251 on: July 27, 2023, 04:40:51 PM »
I couldn't even finish watching that, it was too infuriating.

Of course it was.  It was designed to be that way.  [popcorn]
“I have little patience with people who take the Bill of Rights for granted.  The Bill of Rights, contained in the first ten amendments to the Constitution, is every American’s guarantee of freedom.” - - President Harry S. Truman, “Years of Trial and Hope”

WLJ

• friends
  • On Patrol In The Epsilon Eridani System
« Reply #252 on: July 28, 2023, 10:25:58 AM »
What can I say?

According to the D.C. Bar website, Biden remains a member in "good standing," despite the rules of professional conduct stating that it is misconduct for a lawyer to "commit a criminal act that reflects adversely on the lawyer’s honesty, trustworthiness, or fitness as a lawyer in other respects."

Hunter Biden remains 'good standing' member of DC Bar despite facing criminal charges
https://www.foxnews.com/politics/hunter-biden-remains-good-standing-member-dc-bar-despite-facing-criminal-charges
"Sometimes I think the surest sign that intelligent life exists elsewhere in the universe is that none of it has tried to contact us".
- Calvin and Hobbes

WLJ

• friends
« Reply #253 on: July 28, 2023, 05:23:33 PM »
Meanwhile Biden says the GOP wants to impeach him for bringing down inflation
"Sometimes I think the surest sign that intelligent life exists elsewhere in the universe is that none of it has tried to contact us".
- Calvin and Hobbes

Ben

• Administrator
  • I'm an Extremist!
"I'm a foolish old man that has been drawn into a wild goose chase by a harpy in trousers and a nincompoop."

WLJ

• friends
« Reply #255 on: July 29, 2023, 09:42:41 AM »
The media

- Calvin and Hobbes

Ron

• friends
  • Like a tree planted by the rivers of water
    • What I believe ...
« Reply #256 on: July 29, 2023, 10:04:48 AM »
Any good guys in our government are now outnumbered 10 to 1 by those who are just go along to get along at one end of the spectrum, all the way up to full blown evil at the extreme. That which cannot continue, won't. The only question is how long till the collapse?
For the invisible things of him since the creation of the world are clearly seen, being perceived through the things that are made, even his everlasting power and divinity, that they may be without excuse. Because knowing God, they didn’t glorify him as God, and didn’t give thanks, but became vain in their reasoning, and their senseless heart was darkened. Professing themselves to be wise, they became fools.

RoadKingLarry

• friends
« Reply #257 on: July 29, 2023, 10:12:11 AM »
The only question is how long till the collapse?

Sometimes I kind of wish they'd go ahead and get it over with.
 [ar15]
 :rofl:
If ye love wealth better than liberty, the tranquility of servitude better than the animating contest of freedom, go home from us in peace. We ask not your counsels or your arms. Crouch down and lick the hands which feed you. May your chains set lightly upon you, and may posterity forget that you were our countrymen.

Samuel Adams

ConstitutionCowboy

• friend
  • My Gender and Pronouns are Standard.
« Reply #258 on: July 29, 2023, 10:58:51 AM »
Sometimes I kind of wish they'd go ahead and get it over with.
 [ar15]
 :rofl:

Me too. I'm tired of prepping. I'd like to go out and eat a big steak now and then instead of stocking up on canned pink slime and freeze-dried other color goo.

Woody
   "Knowing the past, I'll not surrender any arms and march less prepared into the future."   B.E.Wood

JTHunter

• friends
« Reply #259 on: July 29, 2023, 04:13:49 PM »
Make that a "third" !  [popcorn]
“I have little patience with people who take the Bill of Rights for granted.  The Bill of Rights, contained in the first ten amendments to the Constitution, is every American’s guarantee of freedom.” - - President Harry S. Truman, “Years of Trial and Hope”

dogmush

• friend
« Reply #260 on: July 29, 2023, 04:42:09 PM »
Not me.  If this thing can drag out till after I retire, move to the sticks and die, I'll be just fine.  Hopefully someone comes to clean out my house and jokes about all the LARPing gear I never needed.  I've seen what tribal warfare looks like in a country, and would be just as happy not to see it again.

Even this angry-on-the-internet limbo we're in now is orders of magnitude better that that.  I'd be fine with 30 million mentally ill [adults] cutting their junk off and doing TikToks about it if it means we don't have governmental collapse and tribal war in the US.  *expletive deleted*ck em.

Realistically though?  The Uniparty is setting us up for a solid world war to reset everything.  Russia, or China if the Uniparty can get around their paid simps.

Ron

• friends
  • Like a tree planted by the rivers of water
    • What I believe ...
« Reply #261 on: July 29, 2023, 06:56:01 PM »
Not me.  If this thing can drag out till after I retire, move to the sticks and die, I'll be just fine.  Hopefully someone comes to clean out my house and jokes about all the LARPing gear I never needed.  I've seen what tribal warfare looks like in a country, and would be just as happy not to see it again.

Even this angry-on-the-internet limbo we're in now is orders of magnitude better that that.  I'd be fine with 30 million mentally ill [adults] cutting their junk off and doing TikToks about it if it means we don't have governmental collapse and tribal war in the US.  *expletive deleted*ck em.

Realistically though?  The Uniparty is setting us up for a solid world war to reset everything.  Russia, or China if the Uniparty can get around their paid simps.
The folks who really deserve killing won't be the ones getting killed when/if things light off.

I'm with you, I have no illusions or delusions of what it would look like. May it never happen.
For the invisible things of him since the creation of the world are clearly seen, being perceived through the things that are made, even his everlasting power and divinity, that they may be without excuse. Because knowing God, they didn’t glorify him as God, and didn’t give thanks, but became vain in their reasoning, and their senseless heart was darkened. Professing themselves to be wise, they became fools.

Pb

• friend
« Reply #262 on: July 29, 2023, 07:43:58 PM »
The USA is going to fall apart someday.  If it is peaceful succession, it can't come fast enough.

If it is violent, I hope delays as long as possible.

Boomhauer

• Former Moderator, fired for embezzlement and abuse of power
  • friends
« Reply #263 on: July 29, 2023, 08:00:09 PM »
The USA is going to fall apart someday.  If it is peaceful succession, it can't come fast enough.

If it is violent, I hope delays as long as possible.

Peaceful ain’t an option because they are a half step away from saying we are subhumans who need to be shoved into ovens.
Quote from: Ben
Holy hell. It's like giving a loaded gun to a chimpanzee...

Quote from: bluestarlizzard
the last thing you need is rabies. You're already angry enough as it is.

OTOH, there wouldn't be a tweeker left in Georgia...

Quote from: Balog
BLOOD FOR THE BLOOD GOD! SKULLS FOR THE SKULL THRONE! AND THROW SOME STEAK ON THE GRILL!

Ben

• Administrator
  • I'm an Extremist!
« Reply #264 on: July 29, 2023, 08:30:46 PM »
I also hope not to see it in my lifetime. I have gone about as far into red BFE as a guy can, and I'm old, so hopefully that will be the case. Whatever happens will not be non-violent unless we completely bend the knee and submit.

It's the Internet, but still, the left always talks about "Kill all republicans", "Punch a nazi", "Kill the MAGA" "kill the old white people". I don't believe they do so in jest. The right talks about defense against the left. The left talks about offense against the right. They would happily see us dead if they could wave a totalitarian wand and make it so. When it happens, defend yourself. Or die. Or become a slave. Hiding in the sticks has an expiration date.
"I'm a foolish old man that has been drawn into a wild goose chase by a harpy in trousers and a nincompoop."

Ben

• Administrator
  • I'm an Extremist!
« Reply #265 on: July 30, 2023, 09:20:00 AM »
Interesting background on the Brandon Jr prosecutors, who up until now, I guess, have been known as "hardline prosecutors":

https://twitchy.com/brettt/2023/07/29/techno-fog-looks-at-just-how-preferential-hunter-bidens-plea-deal-was-n2385827

WLJ

• friends
« Reply #266 on: July 30, 2023, 09:47:32 AM »

Peaceful ain’t an option because they are a half step away from saying we are subhumans who need to be shoved into ovens.

I have noted lately how similar some of the language some on the left has started to use to describe people on the right has become to how the the Nazi's compared Jews to rats that needed to be exterminated.

- Calvin and Hobbes

WLJ

• friends
« Reply #267 on: July 30, 2023, 02:54:33 PM »
Miranda Devine
@mirandadevine
The DOJ is trying to arrest Devon Archer ahead of his bombshell testimony Monday about Joe Biden’s involvement in his son Hunter’s Ukraine business when he was VP. US attorney in the SDNY Damian Williams issued a menacing letter yesterday - Saturday - telling Judge Abrams to order Archer to go to jail immediately to serve a one year sentence for his fraud conviction.
https://twitter.com/mirandadevine/status/1685673614840840192?ref_src=twsrc%5Etfw

DOJ's latest move (arresting Devon Archer?!) to protect Joe and Hunter Biden is their SHADIEST yet
https://twitchy.com/samj/2023/07/30/devon-archer-n2385847
- Calvin and Hobbes

WLJ

• friends
« Reply #268 on: July 31, 2023, 08:50:24 AM »
We never said that

The Department of Justice is claiming it did not call for Hunter Biden's business partner Devon Archer to be jailed before his congressional testimony today, following an 'odd' letter on July 29 that Republicans slammed as an attempt to 'intimidate' their star witness.

Biden's DOJ backs down and says it did NOT call for Devon Archer to be jailed BEFORE testimony today which could implicate Joe in son Hunter's shady business deals - after 'odd' letter on Saturday
https://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/article-12355343/Bidens-DOJ-does-11th-hour-U-turn-forced-clarify-does-NOT-want-jail-Hunters-business-partner-Devon-Archer-implicate-Joe-closed-door-hearing-TODAY-sending-letter-saying-did.html
« Last Edit: July 31, 2023, 10:11:45 AM by WLJ »
- Calvin and Hobbes

RoadKingLarry

• friends
« Reply #269 on: July 31, 2023, 10:00:20 AM »
Devon Archer did not kill himself.
If ye love wealth better than liberty, the tranquility of servitude better than the animating contest of freedom, go home from us in peace. We ask not your counsels or your arms. Crouch down and lick the hands which feed you. May your chains set lightly upon you, and may posterity forget that you were our countrymen.

Samuel Adams

Ben

• Administrator
  • I'm an Extremist!
« Reply #270 on: July 31, 2023, 10:05:53 AM »
Archer having been a Biden buddy, is suspect, IMO. However, even if this only turns out to be some DOJ procedural thing that happened to have an unfortunate date deadline associated with it, what moron at DOJ would think that it was a great idea to send that out when they did, instead of waiting a couple of days? Especially with something this high profile.

Even if it was an innocuous mistake, it was incredibly stupid optics. If it really was a threat or ploy to keep him from testifying, I hope DOJ gets hung out to dry.

Ben

• Administrator
  • I'm an Extremist!

French G.

• friend
  • ohhh sparkles!
« Reply #272 on: July 31, 2023, 05:35:30 PM »
As far as the big igloo or whatever why not get it going. I don’t plan on standing in the boat crossing the Potomac but be nice to see my kids thru it unlike all the financial stuff we keep kicking down the road to future generations. I think much better days will come. Even if they don’t we are living in a pretty good time in history.
AKA Navy Joe   

I'm so contrarian that I didn't respond to the thread.

MechAg94

• friend
« Reply #273 on: July 31, 2023, 08:22:44 PM »
Even if things do get more violent, it may easily end up like the 2020 riots where the violence never gets near most people.  However, economic disruption among other things I can see more easily.  Just be prepared to weather things yourself and maybe hold back a little to help others if you can.
“It is much more important to kill bad bills than to pass good ones.”  ― Calvin Coolidge

WLJ

• friends
« Reply #274 on: July 31, 2023, 09:12:40 PM »
Brandon, Hunter, and associates only talked about the weather.  :rofl:

- Calvin and Hobbes