Author Topic: Hunter & Joe Biden corruption scandal  (Read 32571 times)

WLJ

• friends
  • On Patrol In The Epsilon Eridani System
Re: Hunter & Joe Biden corruption scandal
« Reply #300 on: September 14, 2023, 05:31:19 PM »
So I see one is a felony gun charge, so he will lose his right to own firearms, presumably.

What if daddy pardons him?
"Sometimes I think the surest sign that intelligent life exists elsewhere in the universe is that none of it has tried to contact us".
- Calvin and Hobbes

Ben

• Administrator
  • I'm an Extremist!
« Reply #301 on: September 14, 2023, 07:39:28 PM »
I think there are a couple of really good points here:

https://twitchy.com/brettt/2023/09/14/dana-loesch-explains-why-theyre-allowing-the-firearm-charge-against-hunter-biden-n2387274

1) The gun charge is completely separate from anything involving the big guy.

2) This way the big guy can also say that he takes "gun crimes" seriously. So seriously that he's good with his own son getting pinched. Nevermind the slap on the hand/pardon or whatever that follows. This will be used to push their anti-gun agenda.
"I'm a foolish old man that has been drawn into a wild goose chase by a harpy in trousers and a nincompoop."

dogmush

• friend
« Reply #302 on: September 14, 2023, 08:19:47 PM »
It's a couple of minor charges, literal slaps on the wrist compared to what he should be facing. He'll plead them out, pay a fine, and never see the doorway to a jail. Then, the DOJ/FBI/et al will quietly let all the other shenanigans fade away under cover of this as their "See, we did something!" moment.

Brad

He tried to plead them out with slaps on the wrist.  The judge shot the DOJ down very publicly.

I wonder if they'll offer him a deal to flip and testify against the "Big Guy"?

cordex

• Administrator
« Reply #303 on: September 14, 2023, 08:27:08 PM »
I wonder if they'll offer him a deal to flip and testify against the "Big Guy"?
Who do you think would offer that deal?

On a related note, has Florida recently legalized recreational LSD?

Ben

• Administrator
  • I'm an Extremist!
« Reply #304 on: September 15, 2023, 09:12:15 AM »
One of many comments that are basically using the same talking points:

https://twitchy.com/brettt/2023/09/14/attorney-has-never-heard-of-anyone-being-federally-indicted-for-hunter-bidens-gun-crime-n2387284

A bunch of Biden defenders are telling us it doesn't count if the gun crime was committed while someone was a drug addict.
"I'm a foolish old man that has been drawn into a wild goose chase by a harpy in trousers and a nincompoop."

Ben

• Administrator
  • I'm an Extremist!
« Reply #305 on: September 15, 2023, 10:30:10 AM »
And now Psaki is saying the same thing on MSNBC - let the gun charge slide. Poor kid was addicted and it's heartbreaking to the President. They've certainly got a talking point going.

https://twitchy.com/dougp/2023/09/15/jen-psaki-comes-out-against-gun-control-while-reminding-us-bidens-a-heartbroken-president-n2387295

WLJ

• friends
« Reply #306 on: September 15, 2023, 10:47:52 AM »
We need to keep illegal guns off the streets!
Well there's an illegal gun in the hands of a felon
Oh, that's different.

Meanwhile the left treats law abiding gun owners like they're the criminals
"Sometimes I think the surest sign that intelligent life exists elsewhere in the universe is that none of it has tried to contact us".
- Calvin and Hobbes

dogmush

• friend
« Reply #307 on: September 15, 2023, 11:07:06 AM »
Who do you think would offer that deal?

On a related note, has Florida recently legalized recreational LSD?

I was being semi tongue in cheek, but the DNC powers that be are increasingly desperate to get Joe to not run next year, and are running out of time.  Who knows what they'll come up with to clear the way for a real progressive.

Ben

• Administrator
  • I'm an Extremist!
« Reply #308 on: September 15, 2023, 11:10:29 AM »
I was being semi tongue in cheek, but the DNC powers that be are increasingly desperate to get Joe to not run next year, and are running out of time.  Who knows what they'll come up with to clear the way for a real progressive.

Maybe haircut is not out after all. If the dems truly are pushing the old guy out, I actually don't think a haircut/M. Obama ticket would be out of the question. It would absolutely rally progressives. I have no idea what the Independent feelings would be on it. The far left has already kiboshed Kennedy.

WLJ

• friends
« Reply #309 on: September 15, 2023, 11:16:21 AM »
The far left has already kiboshed Kennedy.

Have they truly? The dems seem to have a habit of doing U turns and they know most of their followers will blindly go with the U turns while the media provides almost complete cover
- Calvin and Hobbes

Ben

• Administrator
  • I'm an Extremist!
« Reply #310 on: September 15, 2023, 11:21:17 AM »
Have they truly? The dems seem to have a habit of doing U turns and they know most of their followers will blindly go with the U turns while the media provides almost complete cover

JMO, but from what I've seen, the progressive dems have been much harsher about him than anyone else. You never know what can happen though. Didn't Obama kind of come out of nowhere at the last minute?

dogmush

• friend
« Reply #311 on: September 15, 2023, 01:06:09 PM »
JMO, but from what I've seen, the progressive dems have been much harsher about him than anyone else. You never know what can happen though. Didn't Obama kind of come out of nowhere at the last minute?

Sorta.  He certainly didn't have much name recognition.  He entered the race and polling in fall 2006 with around 20% and held second place and around that 20% till Jan 2008, when he started gaining ground, then by the end of Feb 2008 he was solidly leading the primary race.  That two month sprint to take over the leave is why a bunch of folks remember him "coming out of nowhere".

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Nationwide_opinion_polling_for_the_2008_Democratic_Party_presidential_primaries#2007

AZRedhawk44

• friends
« Reply #312 on: September 15, 2023, 01:11:46 PM »
Who is "haircut?"
"But whether the Constitution really be one thing, or another, this much is certain - that it has either authorized such a government as we have had, or has been powerless to prevent it. In either case, it is unfit to exist."
--Lysander Spooner

I reject your authoritah!

Ben

• Administrator
  • I'm an Extremist!
« Reply #313 on: September 15, 2023, 01:41:46 PM »

AZRedhawk44

• friends
« Reply #314 on: September 15, 2023, 03:16:22 PM »
And who is that?
"But whether the Constitution really be one thing, or another, this much is certain - that it has either authorized such a government as we have had, or has been powerless to prevent it. In either case, it is unfit to exist."
--Lysander Spooner

Brad Johnson

• friend
  • Witty, charming, handsome, and completely insane.
« Reply #315 on: September 15, 2023, 03:19:37 PM »
And who is that?

Gavin Newsom, Communist In Chief of Kalifornia.

Brad
It's all about the pancakes, people.
"And he thought cops wouldn't chase... a STOLEN DONUT TRUCK???? That would be like Willie Nelson ignoring a pickup full of weed."
-HankB

WLJ

• friends
« Reply #316 on: September 15, 2023, 05:34:15 PM »
White House Says There Is No Direct Evidence That Hunter Biden Actually Exists
https://babylonbee.com/news/white-house-says-there-is-no-direct-evidence-that-hunter-biden-exists
- Calvin and Hobbes

WLJ

• friends
« Reply #317 on: September 15, 2023, 05:36:03 PM »
 :rofl: :rofl: :rofl: :rofl: :rofl: :rofl:

Joe Comforts Hunter By Talking About The Time His Son Was Indicted For Gun Crimes
https://babylonbee.com/news/joe-comforts-hunter-by-talking-about-the-time-his-son-was-indicted-for-gun-crimes
- Calvin and Hobbes

WLJ

• friends
« Reply #318 on: September 18, 2023, 11:13:31 AM »
Hunter suing the IRS

Hunter Biden has sued the Internal Revenue Service over claims agents illegally released his tax returns.

President Joe Biden's son claims the agency violated his privacy by unlawfully disclosing his records to members of Congress and to the news media.

The lawsuit was filed days in federal court in Washington D.C. after he was hit with three federal firearms charges for allegedly buying a gun while he was addicted to drugs.

It targets two IRS whistleblowers who testified to Congress about the income  Hunter received from his work with a Ukrainian gas company and their concerns about how Hunter was getting special treatment due to his last name.

Hunter Biden is seeking all the documents involving the disclosure of his tax information, $1,000 for each unauthorized disclosure and attorneys fees.
So they know who else to suicide?

Hunter Biden SUES the IRS: President's son claims agents 'targeted' and tried to 'embarrass' him by discussing his tax returns'
https://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/article-12531287/Hunter-Biden-SUES-IRS-Presidents-son-claims-agents-illegally-released-tax-returns.html
- Calvin and Hobbes

MechAg94

• friend
« Reply #319 on: September 18, 2023, 12:28:50 PM »
I am not sure how I see this one.  On one hand, the lawsuit will likely just go after the whistleblowers, not the IRS.  On the other hand, it would be nice to have precedent for getting all contact records from the IRS to go after employees leaking documents (since everyone's tax return ends up leaked anyway).  I doubt the 2nd will happen.
“It is much more important to kill bad bills than to pass good ones.”  ― Calvin Coolidge

charby

• Necromancer
  • Administrator
  • APS's Resident Sikh/Muslim
« Reply #320 on: September 18, 2023, 01:46:55 PM »
IRC 6103(i)(1) provides that, pursuant to court order, return information may be shared with law enforcement agencies for investigation and prosecution of non-tax criminal laws.

Be interesting how that gets interpreted during the lawsuit.

Iowa- 88% more livable that the rest of the US

Uranus is a gas giant.

Team 444: Member# 536

MillCreek

• Skippy The Wonder Dog
  • friend
  • APS Risk Manager
« Reply #321 on: September 18, 2023, 05:54:02 PM »
I read an interesting article about the prosecution of Mr. Biden on the issue of firearms purchase and drug use.  The article argued that if the Feds decide to go down that road, there will be hundreds of thousands of pot heads in states where pot is legal that could also be prosecuted.  My neighbor the gunsmith, tells stories of people being denied in his shop because they talked about marijuana use on their form 4473 since it is lawful under Washington state law but not so much under Federal law.

Quote from: Angel Eyes on August 09, 2018, 01:56:15 AM
You are one lousy risk manager.

dogmush

• friend
« Reply #322 on: September 18, 2023, 08:21:22 PM »
I read an interesting article about the prosecution of Mr. Biden on the issue of firearms purchase and drug use.  The article argued that if the Feds decide to go down that road, there will be hundreds of thousands of pot heads in states where pot is legal that could also be prosecuted.  My neighbor the gunsmith, tells stories of people being denied in his shop because they talked about marijuana use on their form 4473 since it is lawful under Washington state law but not so much under Federal law.

Yeah, no *expletive deleted*it. The 2A community has been warning normies about this for years.

AZRedhawk44

• friends
« Reply #323 on: September 18, 2023, 11:18:56 PM »

Nice of the Biden administration and its supporters to introduce arguments in favor of supporting States Rights, 10th Amendment Supremacy, and such into this.

Also to conflate the inhalation of a burned leafy plant that is legal in some jurisdictions but not in others, with the mucous membrane intake of a chemically refined dried extract that is universally illegal.

Also, for that article to have any relevance to the pot split legality issue, coke would have to be legal somewhere.
--Lysander Spooner

K Frame

• friend
  • I Am Inimical
« Reply #324 on: September 19, 2023, 06:57:00 AM »
Has anyone yet claimed that the pursuit of Hunter Biden is racist?

If not, why not?
Carbon Monoxide, sucking the life out of idiots, 'tards, and fools since man tamed fire.